Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
what happens if you disable it? no delay here (the only extension i run is 'adguard for safari'). how long is it anyway? & how often do you DL pictures from the web? (just curious).
I tried disabling and it didn;t help. I would say it is a 3-4 second delay, before it was instant
I download a lot of memes and stuff like that from twitter and post them in some facebook groups

Koloa

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2020
Not sure if this is a "just me" situation, but, 13.3 seems to be behaving oddly with regards to keyboard shortcuts. For example, in Safari, changing Tab Groups no longer works reliably as a keyboard shortcut. It works from the menu, and it will work if the sidebar is open and something in the Tab Group picker is selected, but, depending upon what tab is open, if any, tab groups won't change with the keyboard shortcut.

Similarly, the keyboard shortcut for adjusting the display brightness also isn't working. Works fine in Preferences, of course.

One of those frustrating ones where it worked yesterday, but not today.

2019 MacPro, non-beta 13.3.

icanhazapple

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Continuity is broken for me - MacOS 13.3 on a M1 Macbook Pro + iPhone 14 Pro

Verified that both are on the same Wifi network. Restarted both devices, still doesn't work.

Last edited:

mikeka

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2013
Continuity is broken for me - MacOS 13.3 on a M1 Macbook Pro + iPhone 14 Pro

Verified that both are on the same Wifi network. Restarted both devices, still doesn't work.
Continuity OK here. Mac OS 13.3 Studio Ultra + iPhone 11 Pro iOS 16.4

peryhypen

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2020
File sharing still doesn’t work for me using Infuse on AppleTV and streaming from my Mac with a Share. Prior to this latest OS update it was completely broken. Now when you setup the Share in ATV Infuse it works perfectly until you shutdown the Mac and the share is completely forgotten as though it never existed. To get it working you have to setup everything from scratch again and it‘s all good until the next shutdown. This used to all work perfectly prior to Ventura including seamlessly connecting after a shutdown. So back to Plex.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Weird issue since updating to 13.3 on my macbook pro, when the computer goes to the home screen it goes black for a second and then comes back, never happened before with previous versions anyone else?

gabriel0212

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
Weird issue since updating to 13.3 on my macbook pro, when the computer goes to the home screen it goes black for a second and then comes back, never happened before with previous versions anyone else?
I got the same issue on my M1pro Macbook Pro 16” don't know how to fix it

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I got the same issue on my M1pro Macbook Pro 16” don't know how to fix it

did your issue just start today cause the weirdest thing..the computer turns on normal, when I put in my password and it goes to the home screen it flickers black for a second, screen goes completely black and then goes back to normal never had that happen before ever..is this due to 13.3??

gabriel0212

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
did your issue just start today cause the weirdest thing..the computer turns on normal, when I put in my password and it goes to the home screen it flickers black for a second, screen goes completely black and then goes back to normal never had that happen before ever..is this due to 13.3??
yes, my laptop worked perfectly on Ventura 13.2.1. the issue came out after updated 13.3 and rebooted the very first time. I wonder it's about the 13.3 firmware update problem.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
yes, my laptop worked perfectly on Ventura 13.2.1. the issue came out after updated 13.3 and rebooted the very first time. I wonder it's about the 13.3 firmware update problem.

thats what I think cause i never experienced that before..thing is for me I updated the mac yesterday, things seemed fine, I turned it on this morning, it did NOT happen..used it for most of the day no problems..then tonight I had to to turn it on and that is when it started happening..otherwise the laptop is completely fine, weirdest thing not sure how to fix it

gabriel0212

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
thats what I think cause i never experienced that before..thing is for me I updated the mac yesterday, things seemed fine, I turned it on this morning, it did NOT happen..used it for most of the day no problems..then tonight I had to to turn it on and that is when it started happening..otherwise the laptop is completely fine, weirdest thing not sure how to fix it
that‘s correct. laptop is fine. i tried every method i can imagine to solve the problem, include installed the Ventura 13.4 beta1. couldn't fix it.

David1416

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
Yes, the exact same thing happens to me. In addition, it also occurs during charging with the apple logo when turning it on. Yesterday I contacted apple and they told me that between today and tomorrow they would give me an answer. I tried reinstalling mac os but it didn't work. If you manage to solve it tell me how please.
Can you please check if it also happens to you during power-on when it loads with the apple logo? In my case it happens to me during the load of the apple and then at startup like it did to you.

David1416

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
Yes, the exact same thing happens to me. In addition, it also occurs during charging with the apple logo when turning it on. Yesterday I contacted apple and they told me that between today and tomorrow they would give me an answer. I tried reinstalling mac os but it didn't work. If you manage to solve it tell me how please.
Can you please check if it also happens to you during power-on when it loads with the apple logo? In my case it happens to me during the load of the apple and then at startup like it did to you.

gabriel0212

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
i asked for apple support. i'm worrying about if the firmware problem. they said it should be an OS issue. they are trying to figure out the problem there, and i sent them the recording video of the problem. they told me will answer me within five days.

David1416

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
i asked for apple support. i'm worrying about if the firmware problem. they said it should be an OS issue. they are trying to figure out the problem there, and i sent them the recording video of the problem. they told me will answer me within five days.
Have you been able to check if it only does it on the home screen? Or also during the loading of the operating system with the apple logo?
Thank you for your answer and forgive my English.

gabriel0212

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
Have you been able to check if it only does it on the home screen? Or also during the loading of the operating system with the apple logo?
Thank you for your answer and forgive my English.
both the loading screen with an apple logo and the login screen. both of them with the flicks issues. if login page's does't flash when i typing the password. even when i login to the desktop, it still give me a flick. never spare me.

David1416

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
both the loading screen with an apple logo and the login screen. both of them with the flicks issues. if login page's does't flash when i typing the password. even when i login to the desktop, it still give me a flick. never spare me.
Exactly the same thing happens to me, I tried to write the password before it happened, and once it started it did it to me in the same way. If Apple gives me a solution before you, I'll send it to you. I have informed that I am not the only one affected.

gabriel0212

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2023
Exactly the same thing happens to me, I tried to write the password before it happened, and once it started it did it to me in the same way. If Apple gives me a solution before you, I'll send it to you. I have informed that I am not the only one affected.
thanks buddy! and i'm still looking for the solution even though. i installed the Ventura 13.4 beta1. the issue remains. i boot the system in safe mode and problem stay still. it should be macOS problem.

David1416

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2023
thanks buddy! and i'm still looking for the solution even though. i installed the Ventura 13.4 beta1. the issue remains. i boot the system in safe mode and problem stay still. it should be macOS problem.
Yeah! It is undoubtedly a problem of mac os 13.3, I tried safe mode just like you, and it persists. matches the OS load. I am also looking for a solution. Thanks my friend!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.