Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cadec

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2020
Can't move the popup splash window around the screen like I could on every other system before ventura.
if I "save as" in safari or go to print to pdf, OR save as / download etc in other apps, the popup/splash frame will change size vertically & horizontally at the edges only -- I can't click and drag the frame to move the entire window to another part of the screen. THIS IS SO FLIPPING ANNOYING.

Reactions: katbel

cadec

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2020
just upgraded to the latest update of Ventura and I am noticing the screen going black every so often. the computer does not reset though. anyone else seeing this? was not seeing it in the previous version.

Mac14,13 running Ventura 13.5
I saw it frequently on Monterey; have not seen on ventura yet, but only recently upgraded (by mistake, thought I was merely downloading it - doink!).

Luckygreek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2018
Florida
Updated to 13.6 beta last night and back again by popular demand..Location Services is once not displaying info, it was fixed in the previous version, however here we are. Also some laggy System Settings, often 1 behind the current selection, which also was working correctly in the previous version, some strange behavior with the cursor, it appears at times to have a mind of its own, I experienced that in the previous beta.. Aside from that in the limited time behind the wheel that's the only 2+ "issues" I've encountered.
Location srvs.jpg

19,1iMac

Last edited:

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Updated to 13.6 beta last night and back again by popular demand..Location Services is once not displaying info, it was fixed in the previous version, however here we are.
In terms of development, I suggest that the previous version to 13.6 beta is 13.5, not 13.5.1. By the time 13.6 is released it will have incorporated the bug fix in 13.5.1.

Luckygreek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2018
Florida
Agreed, very typical for beta's to have inherent "problems" that do get addressed with subsequent releases, however, they were addressed in prior OS, this beta has the same "issues" the prior beta had.
13.51 ran pretty flawlessly for me. The prior beta was problematic with the issues I explained above, jerky pointer, System Settings being pretty buggy, and Location Services not displaying properly.
My beta testing way back beginning with "Tiger" most often resulted in my computer turning into the "crashomatic" so yeah Monterey and Ventura beta way more stable.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Well I see we're nearly in the final third of 2023 upto release 13.5 and still when my Mac Studio wakes from sleep it moans that some USB accessories are taking too much power and have been disabled. A reboot always fixes it. Until next time. This problem only occurred after I 'upgraded' to Ventura some months ago, not long after the release of 13.3.

36 pages of a thread devoted to bugs in a single OS; maybe 13 is an unlucky number after all.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Well I see we're nearly in the final third of 2023 upto release 13.5 and still when my Mac Studio wakes from sleep it moans that some USB accessories are taking too much power and have been disabled. A reboot always fixes it. Until next time. This problem only occurred after I 'upgraded' to Ventura some months ago, not long after the release of 13.3.

36 pages of a thread devoted to bugs in a single OS; maybe 13 is an unlucky number after all.
Or maybe MacOS techs hired Bill Gates to consult...🤣

jha

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2021
Anyone noticing occasional mouse or scrolling stutters on M2 Pro devices or any others?

blouis79

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2005
Just noticed that page up/down scrolling a finder window skips over a file at the page break. Unbelievable.

jha

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2021
Anyone seeing any weird visual glitches like messages flickering and frame rate drops on ProMotion?

jha

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2021
Weather "time sensitive" alerts are being treated as regular notifications and not showing on the lockscreen, sometimes I will find them in the Notification Center without being notified.

orionquest

Suspended
Mar 16, 2022
The Great White North
Just recently updated to Ventura as my full time OS, and yeah it's surprisingly still pretty buggy. Especially the system settings. I've had to re-set a lot of settings twice for them to stay selected. Or quit out of system settings and launch it again to be able to adjust stuff because it become un responsive. The rest of the OS seems ok though, all apps working as they should. Networking mounts seem ok.

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
Just recently updated to Ventura as my full time OS, and yeah it's surprisingly still pretty buggy. Especially the system settings. I've had to re-set a lot of settings twice for them to stay selected. Or quit out of system settings and launch it again to be able to adjust stuff because it become un responsive. The rest of the OS seems ok though, all apps working as they should. Networking mounts seem ok.
yeah i found system settings to be a touch slow, takes a second after ive clicked for it to move. also double click is a touch slow as well..

Reactions: orionquest

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Imagine if they stopped releasing annual 'new OS's' and instead concentrated on making an OS that was stable and bugfree. They had to do that when OS's shipped on a disc and anything but basic security-patches were too big to send over the internet. It had to be near perfect from day one.

It meant a lot back then being a final Release Candidate. From the RC was made the Gold Master, and from that, literally tens of thousands of CDs or DVDs would be 'stamped' and included in the boxes of new computers as OS restore-discs. The capability of that GM fundamentally defined the long-lasting user-experience. Especially for those people who weren't online.

It all means nothing now. They use basically the same principles in terms of defining the release-cycle, but in reality they know they can push out any old crap and worry about patching it later, where the 'patch' is infact a complete replacement for the entire OS.

Most people would surely rather have something that 100% works, with major releases timed less often, than a new OS every year with fresh bugs.

Last edited:

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
installed 13.6 last week or so, all seems good until i opened up the calculator. i started typing in numbers when i clicked plus and added another number and pressed equals it said "this is not a number"...lmao ok.. whatever, if thats the worst bug i get, i can live with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.