Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

xflashx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2016
New bugs in 22A5352e:
  • Universal Control may not work

New bugs in 22A5342f:
  • Many Notification Center widgets are black or blank (new issue in beta 7)

Currently known bugs (Build 22A5266r):

• Some users cannot access the internet
  • Alias for Safari in the Applications folder
  • Stage Manager sometimes crashes
  • Stage Manager animations have low framerate
  • Stage Manager apps (on the left) might automatically hide (bug or feature?)
  • Stage Manager may switch to a different app form the sidebar when returning from viewing a full-screen app
  • Cycling through the windows of an app in Stage Manager behaves differently depending on the speed you click. Clicking slow only cycles between the currently active window and the "top" window, clicking faster cycles through all windows of the app.
  • Animations in the Weather app flip when enabling the sidebar.
  • The new System Preferences is buggy, sometimes panels scroll/wobble upwhen they should have fixed height.
  • Moving the cursor in text with the keyboard is buggy, sometimes the cursor moves very fast/jumps, sometimes it moves very slow, character for character.
  • Wallet might throw the error "Could not set up Apple Pay"
  • Finder might refuse to copy files from a smb/nfs network share (due to allegedly insufficient permissions)
  • MAS/iTunes might not load
  • Mac might now wake up from sleep/panic during sleep
  • Notification sounds might play much later
  • "Utilities" folder missing when opening application folder from within the dock
  • might not be able to install new fonts
  • AirPods text for "Noise Cancellation" is inconsistent (all over the place). The term "Noise Cancellation" is used in iOS and iPadOS. On macOS Ventura, sometimes you see "Cancellation", "Noise Cancellation", and "Noise Control". The verbiage use on macOS Ventura for this should be consistent with what's used on iOS and iPadOS, and that is "Noise Cancellation". To see the inconsistencies, look at System Settings > AirPods Pro

Last edited:

imvianchen

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2022
Beijing
Zero internet access. Wired of wireless on 14” MBP M1 Max. Trying to figure out root cause. If anyone comes across this, please post solution.
Are you on a WiFi 6 or a 5G WiFi network? My Apple TV can't connect to the internet as well after upgrading to tvOS 16 but has no problem on a legacy 2.4G WiFi.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
Need to to one extra reboot after install to get all of Apple’s apps working properly.

Stage Manager crashes sometimes and needs user to log in again.

Some flaky broken animations coming and going.

System Preferences is ugly but the bug is that sometimes panels scroll side to side even though they are supposed to be fixed width.

Neurobit

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
United States
Are you on a WiFi 6 or a 5G WiFi network? My Apple TV can't connect to the internet as well after upgrading to tvOS 16 but has no problem on a legacy 2.4G WiFi.
Tried with WIFI 5 & 6, although wired ethernet failed as well. I’ve since restored from TM backup to Monterrey for now and will test the waters with a later beta.

Cheers,

OpenSource03

macrumors member
May 25, 2022
Lower fps in games such as Minecraft/Brawlhalla, overall poor raw graphic performance

The mouse sometimes flickers for me, so when you right click dock, for example, the menu will disappear after a few seconds like if someone else clicked on the empty background to close it… Happens only sometimes and seems to go away after you click anything on the menu bar?!…

Bullcreek52

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2020
Zero internet access here, too. Both WiFi and Ethernet didn't work. Network Prefs Pane shows valid IP address for both WiFi and Ethernet. Uninstalled Little Snitch, VPN extensions; still no joy. Disabled WiFi and tried Ethernet alone; and vice versa. I'm stymied.

Rolled back to Monterey by erasing boot disk and reinstalling Monterey, then restored from Time Machine backup. One weird problem after restore is that Mail will not launch. Throws up an alert that the Mail Library can't be read, needs a newer version of Mac OS. This one really has me perplexed, as the backup was from before I installed Ventura.

1654612606964.png

jamesasam110

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2022
This is a rather funny coincidence but Xcloud doesn't appear to be working on Ventura currently. The website crashes on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Not had any other websites do that yet. Hopefully is fixed soon!

Bullcreek52

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2020
Solved the Mail problem by manually copying the entire Mail folder at ~/Library/Mail to my home folder. Mail said it had to import my messages, but when that process was finished, everything was right again.

zebonaut

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
Currently; the Earth
One annoying Ventura Bug; app windows; or settings windows will open BEHIND my main browser and are unable to come to the front.. Any fix? Will we have to wait another 2 weeks? Can someone tell me if this is just me or are others having the same windows bug?

Last edited:

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
If you have an Applications stack in the dock, the Utilities map isn't showing in the stack.

Last edited:

Kuzama708

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2022
EastCoast
MacBook Pro 2019 16" Intel - restarts about a minute after logging in. I do have Citrix Secure Access VPN client and I'm going to attempt to remove that since Cisco Anyconnect seemed to be the problem reported by others here.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Asyd Rayn

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2011
I had the same issue yesterday and uninsalled LS and was able to connect. Although, I have been having issues with webpages pages loading. I have to stop them and refresh and then it loads in Chrome or Brave.

PKdeGallo

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2015
Miami, FL
Notifications are extremely wonky with messages. Most of the time I don't get the banner to show up but I do get the badges.

gh2k

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2016
If you had little snitch installed go into settings then network then filters then delete little snitch from there and bam internet works. I was getting super mad at this thing but that fixed it.

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
Safari bugs:

• Goes to the previous page by itself
  • Jumps to the last tab by itself
  • Random tabs loses it's content and becomes blank
  • Sometimes takes several tries to reload a page
Some bugs are not new for Safari 16 but seems to occur more often.

I have reported it all to Apple.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
My USB-C microSD adapter isnt working. I didn’t try another one yet. It still works in parallels though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.