Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Tomkins!

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Can anyone test if taking a screenshot and sending it to Messages works? (In Monterey it puts a screenshot on the desktop and does not send anything to Messages). Thx!

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Apparently, in Mac OS Ventura Photos app, it seems they have removed the option to make/apply any photo as a wallpaper. I hope I am wrong, but I can't find the menu command that was there before. Hope to be proved wrong!

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
Apparently, in Mac OS Ventura Photos app, it seems they have removed the option to make/apply any photo as a wallpaper. I hope I am wrong, but I can't find the menu command that was there before. Hope to be proved wrong!
Can't find it either.

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
My Keyboard Brightness doesn't work on my 14" MacBook Pro.
Anyone else?

/edit: Nevermind, I switched off Adjust Keyboard Brightness in Low Light and now it works.

Last edited:

RigSatMe

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2019
Any warning pop-up windows in Pages, Numbers or Keynote has no control buttons. As the result, no way to close them!

RigSatMe

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2019
Connected to remote server via smb://...
Tried to copy file from the Mac to the server... in the end

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 7.31.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 7.31.50 PM.png

campino142

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2019
Germany
I experienced that my MacBook Pro (15 inch 2019) drains the battery with a closed lid and PowerNap disabled within a few hours.

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
My Keyboard Brightness doesn't work on my 14" MacBook Pro.
Anyone else?

/edit: Nevermind, I switched off Adjust Keyboard Brightness in Low Light and now it works.
I feel like I'm going to be using the Option+Shift+brightness keys way more than I did in Monterey.

Tarrant64

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006
Can't get App Store to load, or iTunes. Can't log out of Apple account on the Mac to try and refresh/log back in. Did a reinstall, same issue persists.

Reactions: lungbutter

tzxsean

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2017
Malaysia
Anyone else facing problem waking up Mac from sleep?

the new System Settings is terrible .. I couldn't find the old settings or they were removed ....

Lc192

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2020
One annoying Ventura Bug; app windows; or settings windows will open BEHIND my main browser. Any fix? Will we have to wait 2 weeks?
Same issue - definitely the case for Electron based apps being behind any other window. The MacOS Settings window is always on top, in comparison. Quite annoying at the moment.

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
Energy saver, etc? Since I cant wake my laptop several hours after sleep

Have to force restart
I'm trying to find that slide deal for time. I found it once and changed it if that's what you need or are looking for.

And the Options at the bottom of Systems (battery) don't help any?

Last edited:

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
Screen time is messed up for me at least. Says I have used the computer the same amount of time that have elapsed on the day.

lostinlodos

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2015
Complete list of bugs not listed by Apple that I’ve found so far. If I can edit to update I will.

Display settings:
iMac displays-default for device setting is completely wrong.
Fix-Adjust scale

Audio driver
drops “internal speakers”
Fix-restart. Repeatedly.

Soundflower (midi) failure.
Use a 3rd party app to update in place with overwrite.

I/O
Thunderbolt 3 devices dropped when using Thunderbolt 4 cable.
Fix-none, yet

Airplay
Doesn’t work
Workaround-try again.

Bluetooth
Controller doesn’t work/works incorrectly
No audio or distorted audio
Mono audio
Fix-forget device and re-pair

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.