Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

solouki

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2017
Mission Control behaves differently under Ventura in that if you are transferring windows from one desktop to another, under Ventura I can only transfer one window -- a second window transfer requires me to restart Mission Control.

Stefdar

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2012
I have the same issue with a 2020 rMBP with touch bar.
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 11.45.51 πμ.png

0xCUBE

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
Planet Earth
I'm having an issue where almost everything in the menu bar is missing, including the clock, regardless of whether the things are toggled on in settings. Is there any fix? Reinstall didn't work

Stefdar

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2012
I'm having an issue where almost everything in the menu bar is missing, including the clock, regardless of whether the things are toggled on in settings. Is there any fix? Reinstall didn't work
Uninstall iStat Menus or any third party menubar app. Update Bartender if you run it.

Reactions: gank41

SC-Sportsman

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
I'm getting an apparently random "ding" sound as if a new Message had arrived, but there are no notifications, no new mail, or new text messages. Maxed out 24" iMac. Anyone else getting this?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm getting an apparently random "ding" sound as if a new Message had arrived, but there are no notifications, no new mail, or new text messages. Maxed out 24" iMac. Anyone else getting this?
I'm getting iMessage sound notifications a few minutes after the message has arrived, a badge has appeared, and I've read it (and even deleted it). So it's probably a ding to tell you about an email you've already long dealt with.

I really don't know how they can so completely disassociate the sound notification from the badge and both those from the actual event, but hey, it's been like this before ventura.

Reactions: SC-Sportsman

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
There is apparently a bug or consequential change in the way that Ventura names external device nodes, as discovered by a developer for one of the apps I use. It is renaming "/dev/disk2" to "fat://disk2/KOBOeReader" (yes, it is a Kobo device). It is causing connectivity to the mounted device drive to fail within the app, even though it is fully accessible through the OS.

ponzicoinbro

Suspended
Aug 5, 2021
The Siri Voice I choose only works when I talk to Siri. If I try to use it to read a webpage then the crap sounding synthesiser voices are used Instead of my Siri choice.

Reactions: gank41

abusbey3

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
I just updated a 2017 i5 iMac running production Monterey to Ventura Beta and alphanumeric keyboard input 'isn't working'. The function keys work but the alphanumeric keys don't seem to work - don't even get a flashing text cursor in the login space. Have done PRAM reset, EMC reset, tried another wired keyboard, tried different USB-A ports and plugged into the USB-A ports of an external monitor, but the blinking cursor doesn't show up in the login entry and I cannot log in. If I remove the keyboard entirely and reboot I don't get any system warning about no keyboard being connected so can't switch over to Bluetooth keyboard. I am doing a Network Recovery Ventura Beta reinstall and hope it clears up after this.

Last edited:

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
Yes I am having the same. I get a ding when messages arrive and them some minutes later I get the ding again. Really confusing :)

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Universal Control works fine on my MacBooks and iPads. Only occasionally on Ventura.
Finder columns do not show Get Into or preview when ending on a file.

pyramidic.shallot

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2022
Apple broke the Mighty Mouse. I still use it cause I despise Magic Mouse and 360˚ scrolling is way better than a typical mouse scroll wheel. Installed beta 1, opened mouse prefs, nothing. You can't set anything, you can't drop a .plist in from an older version, it's just screwed. Given defaults for that mouse are 1-button, no 360 scrolling, and side buttons do nothing, it makes it worse than an average mouse. I can understand not keeping the graphical part of it, but just killing off the ability to do settings is pretty bad regression. Have filed bug report. Didn't even get to trying Stage Manager, the inability to use my mouse was enough to get me mad and to boot back to 12.4.

"System Settings" in general seems pretty gash, I can't believe how many settings have been fully hidden behind search. I hope they can get this ready for primetime before Fall.

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
Apple broke the Mighty Mouse. I still use it cause I despise Magic Mouse and 360˚ scrolling is way better than a typical mouse scroll wheel. Installed beta 1, opened mouse prefs, nothing. You can't set anything, you can't drop a .plist in from an older version, it's just screwed. Given defaults for that mouse are 1-button, no 360 scrolling, and side buttons do nothing, it makes it worse than an average mouse. I can understand not keeping the graphical part of it, but just killing off the ability to do settings is pretty bad regression. Have filed bug report. Didn't even get to trying Stage Manager, the inability to use my mouse was enough to get me mad and to boot back to 12.4.

"System Settings" in general seems pretty gash, I can't believe how many settings have been fully hidden behind search. I hope they can get this ready for primetime before Fall.
What all have you tried besides "drop in the .plist" to try and see, how to tweak it?

pyramidic.shallot

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2022
What all have you tried besides "drop in the .plist" to try and see, how to tweak it?
idk what else you want me to do. The prefs are no longer there in System Settings, I tried pulling in the preferences from 12.4; they didn’t work. Even if they had it would still be broken for the vast majority of users. Apple only stopped selling mice like this in 2017…

Reactions: MarineBand5524

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
idk what else you want me to do. The prefs are no longer there in System Settings, I tried pulling in the preferences from 12.4; they didn’t work. Even if they had it would still be broken for the vast majority of users. Apple only stopped selling mice like this in 2017…
that mouse is from 2005-2009. perhaps no longer supported? anyway, perhaps someone else with a mighty mouse will report their experience here...

Reactions: MarineBand5524

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
It's been a while since I've had to mess around with .plists etc, but can't you drop it into the folder where it should be?

elvisimprsntr

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2013
Florida
1. Unable to prioritize known Wifi list
2. Unable to delete safari app link in application folder
3. Missing utilities folder when opening application icon on dock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.