Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Favicon isn't working on forums.
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 10.52.12 PM.png

Reactions: Mikey44 and arn

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m also not seeing how you can mark a thread ‘read’, that way if you’re not interested in reading that particular thread [Or you already parsed through it prior], it won’t be bolded. Not sure if I’m missing something or if that can be restored.

Last edited:

BradWI

Suspended
Aug 29, 2011
Any chance the Report button can be moved somewhere less prominent? Over by the other buttons on the right side would be an improvement. Its current position kind of distractingly divides each post when reading a thread.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Time to adjust to the new look, but I'm enjoying it so far. The dark mode was long overdue. Only thing I'd change was make the dark mode a pure black, or at least have the option for that.

Reactions: Hal~9000

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
For some strange reason, I am unable to log in using the iMac with Firefox.
Typed in the user name and password and bounce right back to the forum without being logged in.
(Typing this message on the phone using Safari)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Some members you can’t see anything about their profile. Is this new? Where would this setting be?

If you can’t view a certain members profile, they may have restricted access to their profile where it’s ‘private’. That’s not really a new feature, that was pre-existing prior to the 2.1 update.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
Time to adjust to the new look, but I'm enjoying it so far. The dark mode was long overdue. Only thing I'd change was make the dark mode a pure black, or at least have the option for that.

Just not a default. Pure black backgrounds aren't good for reading text IMO.

I disabled dark mode for now. Thanks for making this an option in preferences.

My only suggestion so far is to move the Latest Posts element on the right to the top position.

Last edited:

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
Just not a default. Pure black backgrounds aren't good for reading text IMO.

I disabled dark mode for now. Thanks for making this an option in preferences.

My only suggestion so far is to move the Latest Posts to the top right.
That's why I said have it as a theme option. I personally prefer pure black and love reading text on it. For people who enjoy the dark grey background (such as yourself) having an option for that would also be nice. It's a win-win.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Typed in the user name and password and bounce right back to the forum without being logged in.

I had the same issue. Wipe your entire local storage/cookies/session storage for the MacRumors site. If you're unsure how to do this, let me know.

@arn Not sure if this Firefox bug is fixable on your end but I'm flagging it in case it is.

white_horse

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
Maryland

Similar here - MacBook Pro...Firefox is my go to browser and I can't log in either. I also get bounced back right away without being logged in. (Also currently typing this in Safari)

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
@arn Congrats on the upgrade! I'm on the xf forums as well and I know how much work it is. Not easy, but has to be done. Thanks for putting in so much work to keep mac rumors running smoothly. ?

Reactions: sman789 and Mikey44

tzm41

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2014
Sunnyvale
Love the dark theme. What about the news website itself? Will the desktop version also support dark mode?

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Love the dark theme. What about the news website itself? Will the desktop version also support dark mode?
The desktop version of the front page doesn't have dark mode while the mobile version does. My understanding is that this is still being worked on.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

Yep, clearing MacRumors cookies should help.

The desktop version of the front page doesn't have dark mode while the mobile version does. My understanding is that this is still being worked on.

Yep, hopefully soon

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.