Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Was seeing some strange behavior a few minutes ago... clicking on ANY link resulted in a blank white screen. Seems to be corrected now.

I had the same issue and cleared my cookies and cache hoping that would resolve it; don't know if that did the trick or in the meantime it was magically straightened out on MR's end. Happy to have the content back again!

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
For some strange reason, I am unable to log in using the iMac with Firefox.
Typed in the user name and password and bounce right back to the forum without being logged in.
(Typing this message on the phone using Safari)

This link will clear all your MacRumors cookies: https://forums.macrumors.com/cookie-wipe.php
and should let you login

I had the same issue and cleared my cookies and cache hoping that would resolve it; don't know if that did the trick or in the meantime it was magically straightened out on MR's end. Happy to have the content back again!

the blank page was a mistake on our part

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
@arn The forum search appears to be broken. It is strangely bringing up posts made today after the forum update followed by posts made in 2012 or earlier.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
@arn The forum search appears to be broken. It is strangely bringing up posts made today after the forum update followed by posts made in 2012 or earlier.

Search indexes are being rebuilt overnight so search results will be wacky until it's done.

Mikey44

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012
@arn You are likely already aware, but it seems as though 2-factor may not be up and running.

Thank you thank you thank you for all you do, and all the folks at MacRumors. Y’all are the best. For real.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
So far so good.

I really would like to ignore the politics section if that's something I can't do for now.

Daku93

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2010
In landscape on an iPhone with a notch it now ignores the safe-area and content disappears under the notch:

CAF64D60-D8B9-410B-833F-2473BCD76A7F.png

(Notch was on the Right, of course not visible on the screenshot, but you can see that everything is way too far to the side)

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Apart from the themes needing refinement to look like the older version of XF, any chance of hacking the user preferences page template and making it possible to permanently disable the RTE?

Edit: May also want to set up a cron to rebuild the search index. It's borked right now.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Yep, clearing MacRumors cookies should help.

Would some sort of temporary popup be useful to warn users about this? I reckon some of the more technologically challenged amongst us may not be so familiar with this trick.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Dark mode & emojis ?

But what happened to the quick access Forums list drop-down menu that used to be on the top right of screen?

I notice on IOS, that drop-down menu's gone.

So does that mean we need to show the whole forums list before we can select the one we want? If so, then it's slowed down one of the more common features of the old site.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
It's a tad harder to see likes on a post. I also miss the info under usernames/profile pics on posts, now I gotta click a button to see that on an individual basis. Not a big deal I guess but I suppose it makes users look a little bland.

Speaking of user profile info, what are these new "points" I'm seeing?

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
What is "No Spy"?

Also, hovering over the alert icon does nothing now. Before you'd get an automatic drop down list of recent posts in watched threads.

EDIT:

@zakarhino beat me to it:

It's a tad harder to see likes on a post. I also miss the info under usernames/profile pics on posts, now I gotta click a button to see that on an individual basis. Not a big deal I guess but I suppose it makes users look a little bland.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Seems faster, but I do miss the product icons and the layout of the forum sub sections before. Found it much easier to navigate than scrolling and reading lists. And where is the dark mode option for the forum people are referencing? Or are they referring to iOS 13’s feature?

Reactions: anyjungleinguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.