Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
2% scale maybe?
That'd be easier to implement, but I was thinking more along the lines of unique animations based on the content of the icons.

likeso.gif

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I just noticed that the "downvote" --although labeled as "Disagree-- has apparently once again become an option in the MacRumors. com News Discussion subforum, but just for certain threads?

I was surprised to see it pop up twice on a post dated today in a thread in there a little while ago.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-to-cupertino-employees.2215681/post-28065761

Did some runtime code suddenly lose its grip on a few electrons? :p

Maybe we just have a couple members showing off a hack. I noticed though that the option to use the downvote isn't offered on the original post in that thread, just on followups.

Reactions: needfx

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yep. The disagree option is being tested. It’s only for news threads and not for the 1st post. Most users have a limited number (2 at the moment) of them per 24 hours. We are tweaking it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I just noticed that the "downvote" --although labeled as "Disagree-- has apparently once again become an option in the MacRumors. com News Discussion subforum, but just for certain threads?

I was surprised to see it pop up twice on a post dated today in a thread in there a little while ago.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-to-cupertino-employees.2215681/post-28065761

Did some runtime code suddenly lose its grip on a few electrons? :p

Maybe we just have a couple members showing off a hack. I noticed though that the option to use the downvote isn't offered on the original post in that thread, just on followups.

Actually, where exactly is this "dislike" or "disagree" button to be found in the "macrumors news" section of the forum?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
so the reactionary emotional range is kinda full now, apart for grief maybe, euphoria, fandom (sic), giddiness. I could see these implemented

Yah I could have used a reaction option for grief back in the days when I first realized the old Crystal Quest (Casady & Greene) was going to be left in the dust when I upgraded my hardware and went to a later OS. I didn't think I could even go to work without a Crystal Quest fix beforehand, it was auto-accompaniment to a 2nd cuppa coffee in the morning! (LOL well I finally got over that and have never actually tried the later released ports or new versions including ones written for browsers, iPhone/iPad or distribution via Steam.)

How about a reaction icon for "dislike due to professional jealousy?" Every time we have a release of some Apple gear that strikes consumers' fancy and it sells like hotcakes, these forums go nuts with troll posts in lieu of a simple "downvote" equivalent designed just for them. ;)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Yah I could have used a reaction option for grief back in the days when I first realized the old Crystal Quest (Casady & Greene) was going to be left in the dust when I upgraded my hardware and went to a later OS. I didn't think I could even go to work without a Crystal Quest fix beforehand, it was auto-accompaniment to a 2nd cuppa coffee in the morning! (LOL well I finally got over that and have never actually tried the later released ports or new versions including ones written for browsers, iPhone/iPad or distribution via Steam.)

How about a reaction icon for "dislike due to professional jealousy?" Every time we have a release of some Apple gear that strikes consumers' fancy and it sells like hotcakes, these forums go nuts with troll posts in lieu of a simple "downvote" equivalent designed just for them. ;)

we might need a [triggered] reaction button too, just to be on the safe side

I can see why you're still bothered by the fate of CrystalQuest

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
random
Hi,

I may not have noticed the announcement in this thread or somewhere else, where is the forum switcher menu gone to, the one that has been at the top and bottom and even got updated to the old layout a while ago, since the move to Xenforo seemed to not make that possible back then?

Reactions: Ralfi

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi,

I may not have noticed the announcement in this thread or somewhere else, where is the forum switcher menu gone to, the one that has been at the top and bottom and even got updated to the old layout a while ago, since the move to Xenforo seemed to not make that possible back then?
It’s still missing for now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.