Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peter108

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2021
A new Doqo model is about to release where it actually issues a direct connection and basically adds a docking station to the MKB style setup.

Looks interesting and could possibly solve the Bluetooth trackpad issues. Just hope it’s retail price isn’t close to the MKB retail price.

See 0:31. Anything with a "large chocolate keyboard" gets my vote.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Whatever version of google I’m using says different. ??‍♂️
I could be wrong. I am certainly no English teacher, but I am using Chrome Browser and I get the spelling error red line under the word "rewatched", with no alternatives.

Screenshot (38).png

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Ok they updated the site. It’s about $209. I’ll pass.

On a side note one of the best Bluetooth keyboards I’ve ever owned was for the old iPad the belkin quode pro(?).

In terms of user experience, it was pretty similar to the apple folio in that you could fold it and attach it quickly.

3 things that put it over the top aside from having backlit media keys:

1. Came with a case that was molded to redirect sound towards you
2. It only connected to Bluetooth when it was actually physically attached. I’m not sure how that worked.
3. You could connect it to multiple devices.

The auto connect Bluetooth connection was ahead of its time and not sure why nobody has copied that functionality yet.

Reactions: bondr006

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I am guessing that the hub works only if the iPad is plugged into the usb c port on the right side of the keyboard.

View attachment 1984517
Correct, and because of that I also thought this was going to be a hardwired set up similar to how the magic keyboard works. They’ve basically just built ports into the keyboard like an external usb c hub.

I guess it's cleaner

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
$300AUD with shipping sounds ok, better than Apples $549, is this mob reliable to buy off their website?

Rendereason

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2021
Well I have a Magic Keyboard laying around, so I'd help a bro/sis if you want it. I'd sell it for $100 plus ship. Shipping with UPS these days is like USD$16 but for international I have no idea.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Ok I never got a response but I did come across a super deal on a DQ109 and so far I have to be honest, the MKB isn’t worth twice as much as this deal I’ve found. It even comes with a case.

The trackpad is a tiny bit twitchy and I now have to think about keeping the keyboard charged but I really like the pros of this set up over the official MKB.

The MKB keyboard is for sure better but not THAT much better.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
UPDATE: Ater about a week of use, if you can get the DOQO version dq109 at around $100, I can definitely recommend it as a MKB alternative.

The typing experience is good, not as good as MKB, and the trackpad gestures all work. There’s a very tiny amount of quirkiness with the trackpad but not a deal breaker. It’s heavier than the MKB but also has more functionality.

I might end up selling my Logitech combo touch or at least don't see myself going back to it anytime soon.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
I bought a ESR Rebound keyboard and it was riddled with problems. Since you are the first person I’ve seen that has tried the Doqo keyboards, have you run into any problems with the typing skipping around or anything like that? Is there good palm rejection on the trackpad? I was looking at their site and I REALLY like the blue and the white versions of this keyboard. Especially the blue one. They are currently out of stock, but I am heavily considering getting one of them when they come back in stock. I was thinking about the Magic Keyboard, but it’s back at full price everywhere and I don’t know if I want it that much more than these.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I bought a ESR Rebound keyboard and it was riddled with problems. Since you are the first person I’ve seen that has tried the Doqo keyboards, have you run into any problems with the typing skipping around or anything like that? Is there good palm rejection on the trackpad? I was looking at their site and I REALLY like the blue and the white versions of this keyboard. Especially the blue one. They are currently out of stock, but I am heavily considering getting one of them when they come back in stock. I was thinking about the Magic Keyboard, but it’s back at full price everywhere and I don’t know if I want it that much more than these.
I’ve only had it for about 2ish weeks but so far I’ve had little to no issues with it. Sometimes the trackpad will actually disable itself but the fn+T turns it back on easily. Not a dealbreaker at all.

In the typing experience, compared to the mkb, the keys are “higher”. For some that may be a plus but just wanted to note that.

Also regarding the trackpad, I’ve heard the ESR trackpad can only be clicked on the bottom half? The Doqo uses the entire trackpad. I have 0 Issues with my palm being tracked on the Doqo although ymmv.

Regarding skipping around, is tap to click turned on? If so try turning it off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.