Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Actually, I like the light/comical series like Deadpool as well. As long as they don't take a piss all over established canon, I'm cool with it. I didn't like X2:X-Men United because of Colussus didn't grow bigger in his transformed state; he only got shiny.😖 Colossus in Deadpool is more like the comicbook/canon Colossus--7 foot 5 inches and Slavic accent.🤩

Didn't like X-Men Origin: Wolverine on account of how they ruined Wade Wilson/Deadpool backstory. Luckily, Deadpool cleans up that mistake in Deadpool 2.
Wolverine: [Upon seeing the newly transformed Deadpool/Weapon XI] Wade, is that you?
[Wade does not respond]
Wolverine: I guess Stryker finally figured out how to shut you up
[unsheates his claws]
Wolverine: .
[Suddenly Deadpool/Weapon XI is shot in the head by someone who is then revealed to be the current, time-traveling Deadpool]
Deadpool: Hey! It's me! Don't scratch! Just tidying up the timeline.
[Deadpool shoots the old Deadpool several more times before walking away]
Deadpool: [to Wolverine] Love you.

I loved when he popped Ryan Reynolds.

"You're welcome, Canada."

• Haha
Reactions: Huntn and rhett7660

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Marvel Phase 5- I did not realize that Ant-Man 3 was the start of Phase 5.

• Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)
  • What If...? season 2 (TV show, early 2023)
  • Secret Invasion (TV show, early 2023)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (May 5, 2023)
  • Echo (TV show, mid-2023)
  • Loki season 2 (TV show, mid-2023)
  • The Marvels (November 10, 2023)
  • Ironheart (TV show, late 2023)
  • X-Men 97 (animated TV show, late 2023)
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos (TV show, late 2023/early 2024)
  • Daredevil: Born Again (TV show, early 2024)
  • Captain America: New World Order (May 3, 2024)
  • Thunderbolts (July 26, 2024)
  • Blade (September 6, 2024)
  • Deadpool 3 (November 8, 2024)
  • Spider-Man: Freshman Year (animated TV show, 2024)
  • Marvel Zombies (animated TV show, 2024)
  • Armor Wars (movie, TBA)

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Marvel Cinematic Universe, lost its mojo? See a trend?
Just my opinion. 🤔
Copied from a link, some dates are obviously in error.
Rating:
10- best
1- worst
  • Captain Marvel- unknown
  • Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)- 10
  • The Marvels (2023)- ?

• Thor- downward
  • Thor (2011)-10 Great cast and performances, Natalie Portman is amazing.
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)- 8
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)-10
  • Thor – Love and Thunder (May 6, 2022)- 3

• CA & Avengers- epic sequence, it will be difficult to mstch this in any future sequence.
  • Captain America: First Avenger- 10
  • Captain America: The Wintert Soldier (2014)-10
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)-8
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)-9
  • Avengers: Infinity War – Part I (2018)-10
  • Avengers 4 – End Game (April 27, 2019)- 7

• Guardians- downward
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)- 10
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)- 10
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (May 5, 2023)- 6

• Ant-Man- downward
  • Ant-Man (2015)-10
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018)- 9
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)- 4 spending the entire story in the quantum realm was a huge mistake and a lousy story too.

• Dr Strange- downward
  • Doctor Strange (2016)- 9
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)- 5

• Spiderman Suckola- OK, I’m prejudice against this reboot :)
  • Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)- suck
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (Dec. 14, 2018)- suck
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (July 5, 2019)- suck
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17, 2021)- suck

• Black Panther- Unknown
  • Black Panther (2018)- 8
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8, 2022)- not seen

• Misc- mixed
  • Deadpool 2 (May 18, 2018)- Decent in its twisted way. :)
  • Venom (Oct. 5, 2018)- 6
  • Dark Phoenix (Feb. 14, 2019)- by reports suckola, never saw it.
  • The New Mutants (Aug. 2, 2019)- suckola?
  • Black Widow Movie (July 9, 2021)- 5
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3, 2021)- 8
  • The Eternals (November 5, 2021)- epic aweful

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
The Marvel Cinematic Universe, lost its mojo? See a trend?
Just my opinion. 🤔
Copied from a link, some dates are obviously in error.
Rating:
10- best
1- worst
  • Captain Marvel- unknown
  • Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019)- 10
  • The Marvels (2023)- ?

• Thor- fail
  • Thor (2011)-10 Great cast and performances, Natalie Portman is amazing.
  • Thor: The Dark World (2013)- 7
  • Thor: Ragnarok (2017)-10
  • Thor – Love and Thunder (May 6, 2022)- 3

• CA & Avengers- epic sequence, it will be difficult to mstch this in any future sequence.
  • Captain America: First Avenger- 10
  • Captain America: The Wintert Soldier (2014)-10
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)-8
  • Captain America: Civil War (2016)-9
  • Avengers: Infinity War – Part I (2018)-10
  • Avengers 4 – End Game (April 27, 2019)- 7

• Guardians- downward
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)- 10
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)- 10
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (May 5, 2023)- 6

• Ant-Man fail
  • Ant-Man (2015)-10
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018)- 9
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)- 4 spending the entire story in the quantum realm was a huge mistake and a lousy story too.

• Dr Strange fail
  • Doctor Strange (2016)- 9
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)- 5

• Spiderman Suckola- OK, I’m prejudice against this reboot :)
  • Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)- suck
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (Dec. 14, 2018)- suck
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 (July 5, 2019)- suck
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17, 2021)- suck

• Black Panther- Unknown
  • Black Panther (2018)- 8
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8, 2022)- not seen

• Misc- mixed
  • Deadpool 2 (May 18, 2018)- Decent in its twisted way. :)
  • Venom (Oct. 5, 2018)- 6
  • Dark Phoenix (Feb. 14, 2019)- by reports suckola, never saw it.
  • The New Mutants (Aug. 2, 2019)- suckola?
  • Black Widow Movie (July 9, 2021)- 5
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3, 2021)- 8
  • The Eternals (November 5, 2021)- epic aweful

Not sure some of your overall ratings. Like Thor : Two 10s, one 7 and one 3 - Two great movies, one average and one poor is a fail for the series? Or Ant-Man - 2/3 were perfect movies based on your 10s and that's a fail because one wasn't good?

Pretty harsh.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Not sure some of your overall ratings. Like Thor : Two 10s, one 7 and one 3 - Two great movies, one average and one poor is a fail for the series? Or Ant-Man - 2/3 were perfect movies based on your 10s and that's a fail because one wasn't good?

Pretty harsh.
Yep harsh, but it’s the trend I’m focused on. Name a Marvel phase 5 movie you love. :)

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Yep harsh, but it’s the trend I’m focused on. Name a Marvel phase 5 movie you love. :)

I'm not talking about phases, but calling a series (like Thor or Ant-Man) a failure because one movie out of two or three wasn't a 10.

As for phase 5, there have only been 2 released. And I loved GOTG 3. Ant-Man 3 was just OK.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I don't think Marvel is at a downward spiral. But I do believe that the writing dropped compared to the previous phases.

Love and Thunder was a miss. I enjoyed it for what it was, but, Gorr was a miss and Waititi made it too much of comedy. Bummed he veered away from his success in Ragnarok.

Quantumania was decent. I wish they introduced Kang another way, rather than using Ant-Man. But I get it. What I disliked was Cassie being able to create a portal quickly for Hope and Scott to 'return home'. I am curious what will happen with Majors amid the accusations, but I am also curious if Pam actually returned back to his original timeline.

BP2 was alright. Movie was too long. The tie-in of Val being Ross' ex-wife was odd. Namor was great. M'Baku was good. But I felt that Riri was again forced into the storyline.

GOTG3, have yet to still watch. Hopefully soon.

I want to believe that the quality of each project will improve. Especially with Iger back and the studios hearing the feedback about the treatment of the SFX teams on Marvel projects. But we'll see.

Who becomes Kang if Majors gets dropped? What I do hope is that Deadpool 3 is actually good and it isn't corny. I am hoping Deadpool is written a little more serious. Similar to how Rick Remender wrote him in the Uncanny X-Force title. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

But I am ready for Secret Wars. That looks promising.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
I'm not talking about phases, but calling a series (like Thor or Ant-Man) a failure because one movie out of two or three wasn't a 10.

As for phase 5, there have only been 2 released. And I loved GOTG 3. Ant-Man 3 was just OK.
I hear you. Take his ratings for what it is. He has the entire MCU Spider-Man films as 'suck', but rated Venom a '6' and Capt. Marvel a '10'.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Ok, I’ll adjust the labels…my point is that so far the best Marvel imo is behind us, so far. :)

I hear you. Take his ratings for what it is. He has the entire MCU Spider-Man films as 'suck', but rated Venom a '6' and Capt. Marvel a '10'.

Opinion- I accept your judgement. Venom was not my cup of tea, but I accept that you love it.

I agree. And I like Brie Larson, and Captain Marvel was OK, but not a 10.
In the realm of my opinion, Captain Marvel was a 10, but I accept your disagreement as a valid counter opinion. :)

Last edited:

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Ok, I’ll adjust the labels…my point is that so far the best Marvel imo is behind us, so far. :)

Opinion- I accept your judgement. Venom was not my cup of tea, but I accept that you love it.

In the realm of my opinion, Captain Marvel was a 10, but I accept your disagreement as a valid counter opinion. :)
Not hating on you and your ratings, brother. Just pointing out that everyone likes different things and that's completely fine. I am curious what you disliked about Tom Holland's Spider-Man though :)

Reactions: compwiz1202

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I agree. And I like Brie Larson, and Captain Marvel was OK, but not a 10.
The movie was ok (not great, not bad, just ok), but I felt Larson to lack something, hard to put my finger on it, whether its warmth, appeal but I lacked any sort of emotional connection to her in the movie. It wasn't a bad movie, my kids and I enjoyed watching it but I don't think I'll go out of my way to watch the sequel.

Reactions: Huntn

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
The movie was ok (not great, not bad, just ok), but I felt Larson to lack something, hard to put my finger on it, whether its warmth, appeal but I lacked any sort of emotional connection to her in the movie. It wasn't a bad movie, my kids and I enjoyed watching it but I don't think I'll go out of my way to watch the sequel.

So she should smile more? ;)

Based on what she went through in the movie, her career as a military pilot and of course...becoming an intergalactic warrior, I would not expect her to be warm and fuzzy.

Reactions: maflynn and Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Not hating on you and your ratings, brother. Just pointing out that everyone likes different things and that's completely fine. I am curious what you disliked about Tom Holland's Spider-Man though :)
I don’t like the change in family dynamics , changes in tone, from the original, and prefer Tobey McQuire, Kirsten Dunst, and the original cast better. I honestly hated Spidey’s character when they brought all the original villains back from the multi-verse, first he screws with Dr Strange who is trying to alter the timeline to help him, and then he actually fights Strange to save the lives of the villians who should not exist in this timeline.

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

So she should smile more? ;)

Based on what she went through in the movie, her career as a military pilot and of course...becoming an intergalactic warrior, I would not expect her to be warm and fuzzy.
I gave Capt Marvel a 10 because it intrigued me, Kree starting out as kind of good guys, when we know they are a pack of psychos ;) Skrull as bad. Danvers along with the audience slowly figuring it out, as the pieces are put into place. And I loved the time frame, the de-aged actors, especially Ben Mendalsohn in this, the music, liked Larson and the character although my primary critique is that they made her overpowered, as where she can fly though ships destroying them with impunity, but she does wield the power of the Tesseract in her.🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.