Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Based on what she went through in the movie, her career as a military pilot and of course...becoming an intergalactic warrior, I would not expect her to be warm and fuzzy.
That's not it, I mean look at Chris Evens he was a WW II vet, fought hydra but there was some sort of warmth and genuineness. Don't get me wrong she wasn't bad, but there was something lacking to draw the audience in.

While the critics were mostly positive, the audience not so much - so something was not striking a chord.

1684661710549.png

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
That's not it, I mean look at Chris Evens he was a WW II vet, fought hydra but there was some sort of warmth and genuineness. Don't get me wrong she wasn't bad, but there was something lacking to draw the audience in.

While the critics were mostly positive, the audience not so much - so something was not striking a chord.

View attachment 2205124

Don't forget the hate campaign that was foisted on Captain Marvel because a certain segment of our population decided it was making women too, I don't know, powerful or something. Woke this, SJW that. A lot of those audience reviews were simply fake - people who never saw the movie.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

View attachment 2205124
Sometimes I am puzzled by these scores with the realization that my tastes don’t always align with the masses. All I can do is call them as I see them, and fortunately I don’t expect total agreement. :D

Reactions: Fozzybadfeet

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Almost had a chance to watch GOTG3 today...But plans changed.

Hopefully this week.

I did do a re-watch of Quantumania and dealing with the multiverse, I wish they had Easter Eggs of the variant Avengers Kang killed when he destroyed other timelines. Maybe during the scene where Janet connected to his memories and saw what he had done. Idk.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
D5348796-70AD-4D52-93FA-DA696A196399.jpeg
Ms.Marvel (2022)- In prep for the Marvels (due in Nov) I watched this 6 episodes mini-series, about how a Muslim Pakistani girl (American family) living in Jersey City, more or less obsessed with Captain Marvel, obtains a power. but it seems like an awkward power, from an artifact/Genie relative, (I assume this is a relative, but not sure ).

The story refers back to the separation of Pakistan and India which adds interest to the narrative, where her Grandmother lives, and it’s a pretty easy watch, but I get the feeling some time is spent trying to get the audience acclimated to a American Muslim family (not said critically) and large amount of the time it feels like a show made for 12 year olds.

The thing to know here is that you don’t have to watch the series as it you’d have missed something vital, other than you want to see her back story and to know she has some powers colored blue, just like Capt Marvel, but from a different source, but as we know Infinity Stones have power, that can be borrowed, or there are mysterious powers out there, so any thing goes. 🤗

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.