Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
There is a PS4 Pro enhanced feature for this game.

Is the Xbox One X going to have a similar patch to take advantage of better graphics or has this been abandoned to the point of no more patches at all from here on out?

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro
There is a PS4 Pro enhanced feature for this game.

Is the Xbox One X going to have a similar patch to take advantage of better graphics or has this been abandoned to the point of no more patches at all from here on out?

If there were going to be anything of that nature, it would've been announced at E3. EA probably has committed to a calendar year of support for glitch patches but that 1.06 patch is, I would wager, the last dollar that is going to be spent on any degree of 'enhancement' for Andromeda. BioWare's entire energy is focused on having the Anthem launch be a success. ME:A is dead.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
If there were going to be anything of that nature, it would've been announced at E3. EA probably has committed to a calendar year of support for glitch patches but that 1.06 patch is, I would wager, the last dollar that is going to be spent on any degree of 'enhancement' for Andromeda. BioWare's entire energy is focused on having the Anthem launch be a success. ME:A is dead.

Thanks for the heads-up...

I would agree that for XBO-X, "Anthem" would be a showcase for it.

ME:A is well in the past...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
Fourth of July Sale at Gamestop:

$20 for regular edition
$30 for deluxe

About time...

I got a $10 coupon from the crazy trade-in sale on an Xbox One S, so my copy came to $11 after tax.

Loading right now...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
In stating what we already knew
Mass Effect: Andromeda' won't get more single-player content
The studio has revealed that its 1.10 patch is the last single-player update for the game -- in a confirmation of rumors, there won't be any solo-focused patches or (more importantly) downloadable content.

The game had a nice story line and potential, but bugs, poor design and stumbling out of the gate with a product with bugs it had, was too much. Game developers were getting lazy thinking they could just roll out a buggy product and patch later. BioWare was burned with this mentality and now the ME franchise took a major hit.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
In stating what we already knew
Mass Effect: Andromeda' won't get more single-player content

The game had a nice story line and potential, but bugs, poor design and stumbling out of the gate with a product with bugs it had, was too much. Game developers were getting lazy thinking they could just roll out a buggy product and patch later. BioWare was burned with this mentality and now the ME franchise took a major hit.

Playing it even with the first patch to fix animations, I'm catching some background characters doing "silly walks"... ;)

My take:

The environments are gorgeous, looks great. The animations are horrendous, even after the patches. The dialog and acting is bad. BioWare only did a half-*** effort.

Not bad, though, for the $11 I paid...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Started ME: Andromeda this weekend. Only a few hours in, but actually enjoying it! Some of the facial animations are a little awkward, but they did a pretty good job introducing the characters and building the setting.

I set my expectations low, but so far I think it's good. Looking forward to play more!

Reactions: green86

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Started ME: Andromeda this weekend
Wow, Its now November, you started this thread in March, why the delay?

The game wasn't bad by my estimation. Wasn't great, but I think the developers did whiff in a number of ways that seemingly sunk the franchise, at least for now.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I didn't play it, but I did watch the entire thing as my partner plays it. It was by no means a bad game, but it wasn't as good as it could've been. For whatever reason, it got a really bad reputation for being buggy (which it was), and having awkward animations (which it had). But if those same rules were applied to Fallout, then nobody would ever by another Bethesda developed game again. So I do think it was treated harshly compared to what other games get away with.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Wow, Its now November, you started this thread in March, why the delay?

The game wasn't bad by my estimation. Wasn't great, but I think the developers did whiff in a number of ways that seemingly sunk the franchise, at least for now.

Haha, backlog and two small children (1 and 3) caused the delay! I’ll probably finish this game in two years!

Reactions: maflynn

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I was shocked earlier this month when it got an update - only a 4K update - we may never know what happened to the Quarians.

It has moved back into my revisit pile. If you haven't done it already, find a place where you can stand on the ship - made me laugh.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
I was completely thrown off by the voice of the first Krogan we meet on the Nexus (Kesh?). My wife and I were shocked how effeminate it sounded, expecting the typical deep raspy Krogan snarl.

Turns out that character is female! :rolleyes: The game did not make that clear to me at all, I just read it on a website!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.