Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I'd like to go bigger. I would like to try the phone in hand before I make a decision though. (Assuming display models get to an apple store that is open by the time the phone is released)

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m thinking of buying a dummy 6.7” model to see how big it is in my hands. I’m still set on upgrading to the 12 Pro Max this fall.

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
Personally I’ll go down in size, because I find the bigger size doesn’t do anything. most sites load a mobile version, and apps typically just scale. 0.6” with a wide aspect ratio isn’t really a big enough difference. stepping up to an iPad, any iPad, now that’s A difference that matters.

and then the larger size phone is much harder to handle and pocket.

because of these reasons I’m very excited about folding phones, and will probably also pick up a galaxy fold 2 to see if it delivers on the promise.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m thinking of buying a dummy 6.7” model to see how big it is in my hands. I’m still set on upgrading to the 12 Pro Max this fall.

If you decide to, here’s a direct link where you can purchase a ‘mock iPhone 12’:

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I use XS Max and would love to have a smaller lighter phone, but NOT a narrower screen. A modern 5.5” full screen 16:9 ratio phone would be perfect. It is what I imagined we’d get when the X was released, a full screen version of the 8+, not a supposedly bigger, but in reality just narrower and taller, screen. I wouldn’t miss the top 1-2cm of my current screen in the slightest.

Reactions: DaPhox

SquealingCustard

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2020
Kind of thinking whether the 6.1" would be a better overall size I remember when I first got the iPhone X and thought wow this is a very nice size, the Pro Max and the S20U have spoilt me though, guess when they come out I will be visiting my local Apple store to make a decision and hopefully both models will have 120hz.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
It's really hard IMO to go back to a smaller screen when you go larger. I totally understand the people who do go smaller because they don't like to hold or carry the larger size in their hands or pocket. Everyone is different. Which is why it's so great that we finally have 3 proper sizes coming this fall. The lineup really needed those options to fit the needs of consumers. Small, medium, and large.

Personally my eyes strongly prefer the larger screen. And this is coming from someone who laughed at the 6 Plus when it first came out. I use my 8 Plus with two hands in most situations. This makes it very easy to manage. And I have smallish hands. Two handed typing is a breeze for me. And if I have to quickly use it with one hand, no problem. My next phone will be the Fold 2 or the 12 Pro Max. I will use a skin to avoid adding weight and bulk and have AC+ in case of drops.
[automerge]1594221156[/automerge]
If you decide to, here’s a direct link where you can purchase a ‘mock iPhone 12’:

I bought this on Sunday and expect to receive it tomorrow. The 12 Pro Max. Just want to see how those flat sides feel on such a large device.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Thank you!

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I just want to know if the release If going to be delayed into October/November!!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Would you be interested in a folding iPhone with a very large screen unfolded (say 8") if Apple ever releases one?

I don’t think so. I’m not interested in the folding phones. If everyone made them and stopped making the non-folding phones, than I would have no choice to use one if I wanted to upgrade.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I had the iPhone 7 Plus before I got my current iPhone XS Max and I will never go back to something smaller. I have the iPhone 8 from work and it’s actually driving me crazy to type on it. I keep messing up cuz the keyboard feels so small lol looking forward to the 12 Pro Max

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I had the iPhone 7 Plus before I got my current iPhone XS Max and I will never go back to something smaller. I have the iPhone 8 from work and it’s actually driving me crazy to type on it. I keep messing up cuz the keyboard feels so small lol looking forward to the 12 Pro Max
Typing is so terrific with two thumbs on the larger iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.