Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
ColdFlame87 said:
Whatever the case im buying tomorrow to take advantage of the free iPod deal and because i need it for school, but is it possible that if they are released a week after i buy it to have it replaced with the newer model?

I think as long as it isn't a BTO, you should be able to return it within 14 days with a restocking fee, that I heard can be waived if you ask nicely. :)

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I agree with some people, it's definitely more of a iPod/Music/Movie event, NOT A COMPUTER ONE! so everyone wanting a Merom MBP can just......... be disappointed? I would love them to come tomorrow too, but the fact is, i don't think they are.

By the way, i hope it's new Nanos, really, i do. :D

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
I hope hope hope hope hope for Memron MBPs with new nvideo GPUs :D tomorrow

it would make me sooo happy.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Xander562 said:
I agree with some people, it's definitely more of a iPod/Music/Movie event, NOT A COMPUTER ONE! so everyone wanting a Merom MBP can just......... be disappointed? I would love them to come tomorrow too, but the fact is, i don't think they are.

November-Feburary is the timeframe that i would count on seeing it. I dont think apple cares much about what dell is shipping, the average dell consumer isnt going to switch to a MBP. I would be surprised to see anything beyond an ipod and other media related items tomorrow, its not a computer event.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Xander562 said:

You don't need an event, nuff said.

bluetorch18

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
bitmap monkey said:
I'd love to agree, but don't count on it.

I am counting on it...if they don't come tomorrow however, I think FOR SURE they will come on the next tuesday or the 26th...if not, I'm switching to PCs...because that would be ridiculous is they don't have a Core 2 out by then but every other PC manufacturer does...

stevehp

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
It's not a house, it's a home.
Ed H said:
November-Feburary is the timeframe that i would count on seeing it. I dont think apple cares much about what dell is shipping, the average dell consumer isnt going to switch to a MBP. I would be surprised to see anything beyond an ipod and other media related items tomorrow, its not a computer event.

I totally disagree. I am an average dell user getting more and more frustrated (there are actually a group of 6 or 7 of us) that the Core 2 hasn't come to Mac yet. We all want to get MBP's for school and we need them by the end of september or we have to get new PC's :( ...

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
Kingsly said:
I could care less weather or not the MBP's get merom. I just want a fresh new one that works properly when turned on. :mad:

Many of us are banking on the Merom based MBP being a REV B with the many problems fixed - finally.

I would appreciate the magnetic closure and fast swap hard drive bay. A better gpu would be a big plus. The Merom's performance gains are nice but not my big issue.

Like you: "a fresh new one that works properly when turned on" is the main issue.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Apple Corps said:
Many of us are banking on the Merom based MBP being a REV B with the many problems fixed - finally.

I would appreciate the magnetic closure and fast swap hard drive bay. A better gpu would be a big plus. The Merom's performance gains are nice but not my big issue.

Like you: "a fresh new one that works properly when turned on" is the main issue.
You hit the nail on the head my friend. :)

I DONT WANT A NEW FREAKING LOGIC BOARD. THIS MACHINE IS, SADLY, A LEMON AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
</rant>
It's been in twice, due for a third doctor's visit. As near as I can tell, third time's the charm... and they just replace it. *fingers crossed*

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
Ed H said:

I disagree as well, and Gizmodo says it best...

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/announcements/apples-showtime-the-odds-on-new-hardware-tomorrow-199842.php
Gizmodo said:
Macbook Pro with Core 2 Duo: 25% tomorrow, 80% sometime this month
Now that Apple is running native Intel hardware, there's no excuse for not keeping with the times. And right now, you can't say your lappy is a fast one without a Core 2 Duo chip inside. We asked editors of PC World, PC Magazine, Maximum PC, and Mac Addict, and they all said the same: Apple has to upgrade the Macbook Pro in September to stay competitive. We're not sure tomorrow is the time to do it, but we're betting that it happens sometime this month.

rtharper

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Oxford, UK
Will I be looking at the store obsessively during my entire physics lecture tomorrow? Yes (freshman physics as a senior, what a bad idea that's been). Do I expect a shiny new MBP to show up any time tomorrow? No, not at all. I expect it by month's end, though.

Matiandos

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2006
If we don't get Merom MBPs Today..

Even if Merom MBPs aren't announced in todays events, we still have all Apple Expo Paris, and even then a silent update on apple.com in the coming weeks, so there is no reason to loose faith.

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
i totally agree. school has already started in most places so how many people need them by today? Even if they upgrade today, I'll be waiting a month anyways to assure there are no problems, especially overheating. And to contemplate if i should wait for santa rosa or not.

Reaver

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I have come to this about tomorrow ... NO MEROM NO CARE !!!!

lol that has been my saying all weekend after my brother keeps shoving his MB in my face and saying you wish you had one. hes not a nice brother.

manosaurus

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2006
Not Going To Happen!

It's pretty obvious to me. Forget about MBP's tomorrow. As much as I wish... The cold, hard light of day is going to shine tomorrow - and not on the merom MBP.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Reaver said:
I have come to this about tomorrow ... NO MEROM NO CARE !!!!

lol that has been my saying all weekend after my brother keeps shoving his MB in my face and saying you wish you had one. hes not a nice brother.

If someone did that to me I'd be rushing out to buy one :D Meanie brother

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
bearbo said:
lol... let's just hope not the next thing after santa rosa (what would it be anyway)... in a week or so, santa rosa would be discussed to death... oh gosh, this war is not gonna end...

The good news (for me at any rate) is that by the end of the week, I'll have stopped reading these threads every day because I will have ordered either a MacBook or MacBook Pro. I just hope it'll have a Core 2 Duo in it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.