Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Which BT Headphones do you use for running....?

According to many reviews Jaybird Bluebuds are one of the best.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=jaybird

jb_bbx_7.jpg

Any similar priced suggestions?... or some more bargain options?

Last edited:

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Not sure about the sound quality but I just don't like the way they stick out of the ears like that! It just doesn't look too good to me.

I will probably go for PowerBeats 2

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
I use my Parrot Zik 2s in bright orange which always gets a lot of attention and the noise cancellation is beyond wonderful :) Very firm on my head too

casque.jpg

But not cheap, to be honest I have quite a few headphones and have tried a lot of bluetooth ones from 50 quid to 400 and you def get what you pay for.

Reactions: TekkieWreck

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I use my Parrot Zik 2s in bright orange which always gets a lot of attention and the noise cancellation is beyond wonderful :) Very firm on my head too

But not cheap, to be honest I have quite a few headphones and have tried a lot of bluetooth ones from 50 quid to 400 and you def get what you pay for.

Do you use them for doing sports...?

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Which BT Headphones do you use for running....?

According to many reviews Jaybird Bluebuds are one of the best.

Any similar priced suggestions?... or some more bargain options?

Jaybirds are great if you don't get too sweaty. The grip things are made out of a sponge-type/plastic substance which grab sweat and make them sort of soggy. Yuck!

The beats powerbeats 2 are better if you sweat a lot.

But it all depends on your ear - for some people the Jaybird Bluebuds stay perfectly fine, others they fall out. Same for the beats. It all depends on the size and shape of your ear. You really need to try them.

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
Jaybirds are great if you don't get too sweaty. The grip things are made out of a sponge-type/plastic substance which grab sweat and make them sort of soggy. Yuck!
I don't know which Jaybirds you're using but my Bluebuds X are entirely silicone and have no "spongy" substance. They're fine when I sweat.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately

The beats powerbeats 2 are better if you sweat a lot.

But it all depends on your ear - for some people the Jaybird Bluebuds stay perfectly fine, others they fall out. Same for the beats. It all depends on the size and shape of your ear. You really need to try them.

I love my Jaybird bluebud x, but I don't see any material that is sponge like. They are like a rubbery plastic to me. Nothing gets "soggy" on me with these in, except clothes.

Reactions: Snaganaga

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
The foam stuff the guy is talking about is probably comply foam tips. They're awesome in general, but they have to be replaced from time to time as they degrade.

I highly recommend them...but apparently not if they're going to get damp.

Reactions: Elmo1938

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
The foam stuff the guy is talking about is probably comply foam tips. They're awesome in general, but they have to be replaced from time to time as they degrade.

I highly recommend them...but apparently not if they're going to get damp.

Yeah I have those on my amazon wish list, because a few people here recommended them, but I have no issues with the ones it came with so I am not in a rush.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
I second (or third, or fourth) the jaybirds - I work out with them five to six times a week and have no problems with them falling out or getting soggy.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I second (or third, or fourth) the jaybirds - I work out with them five to six times a week and have no problems with them falling out or getting soggy.

I fifth the Jaybirds. Been using them for years (including prior models going back to 2011). I routinely use them for up to 2-3 hour runs.

My brother needed a pair recently and tried the Beats powerbeats 2 wireless and he's quite happy with them as well.

I think Jaybird Bluebuds X or the Powerbeats 2 wireless are both excellent options.

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Apple bought Monster or Dr Dre beats, correct? If so, they could promote those as headphones to use with the watch..if that lineup has bluetooth buds.

They did a little bit during the Keynote when promoting the new Macbook, I'm sure there will be a large retail push for their bluetooth headphones

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
I've had a very positive experience with Jaybird Bluebud X, but I lost mine and never replaced them (I don't run, I cycle, and I'm adamant about keeping my ears free).

That said, I'm pretty excited about the yet unreleased Bragi Dash smart headphones. No wires whatsoever. I can't speak to their quality, and at $300 they're certainly a stretch for someone who's already dropping $350+ on a watch, but worth a look.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
Does anybody have any information on the impact of connecting 'x' number of devices by BT?

Right now, my phone connects to my pebble, and HR monitor when I go running. If I add BT headphones too, will I get lost data on one of them?

How many things can it handle connected at once?

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Does anybody have any information on the impact of connecting 'x' number of devices by BT?

Right now, my phone connects to my pebble, and HR monitor when I go running. If I add BT headphones too, will I get lost data on one of them?

How many things can it handle connected at once?

For biking, I use a Bluetooth HR strap, a Wahoo Speed/Cadence sensor, a Wahoo RFLKT+, and for a while also a Pebble. That's 4 things, and it seemed to work just fine.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
+1 for the BlueBuds X.

I tried these out in the apple store first, amongst others, and was really surprised by the sound quality. I've had some fairly decent earphones over the years, mostly from Klipsch and UltimateEars, so I can certainly tell crap earphones apart. The BlueBuds do beat a lot of wired earphones in my opinion; and personally I can't hear any added compression - so they must support the lowest complexity/highest datarate SBC mode.

I actually purchased them on the premises that I would experience audio delay, such as my experience with AirPlay, so only intended to use them for music. However I was amazed how this wasn't the case. You can watch movies with the BlueBuds and not experience any noticeable lipsync issues. I believe the delay is around 20ms and iOS might be offsetting the video to compensate for that.

I don't know whether or not the pair of PowerBeats I was trying were faulty but for some reason I could barely hear any treble, like it was seriously muted in the high end - I suspect that's just how they are and the bass was all a bit muddy to be frank - so stay clear from them, otherwise they did feel comfortable.

Last edited:

logeox

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
I've tried many BT SPORT headphones , and each had a down side. Mostly would not stay seated in my ear and of course sound quality suffered. I avoided Powerbeats2 due to price. For as much as I've spent trying others I could of bought them outright. The quality is great, sound is awesome and fit is perfect. I recommend these over the jay birds due to fit and sound quality, but every ear is different .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.