Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ikmisje

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
jabra sport pulse

i use jabra sport pulse for running. it's got an in-ear heart rate monitor.

http://www.jabra.com/Products/Bluetooth/JABRA_Sport_Pulse_Wireless/Jabra_Sport_Pulse_Wireless

jabra_pulse_8.jpg

eastamherstbias

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Good wireless bluetooth headphones for running?

Since the iwatch can handle 2gigs of music and you can stream from the watch to headphones without the use of an iphone. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good running bluetooth headphones?

Multiverse223

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015

eastamherstbias

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
How the hell can you run in those? Haha.

@OP The best available are probably the powerbeats 2 I think. However, I'm waiting for Apple to release wireless EarPods. It's really sad to me that they didn't have them available for launch...

Thanks, I am excited to not have to run with my Iphone 6+.

Crosspjc

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2015
The problem with running is that you sweat. Whatever claims the manufacturers make sweat will trash them. So getting expensive BT headphones is just throwing money away.

I have ordered these which have got good reviews but are inexpensive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OH9IB8I/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

I am Sampson

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Plymouth, UK
The problem with running is that you sweat. Whatever claims the manufacturers make sweat will trash them. So getting expensive BT headphones is just throwing money away.

I have ordered these which have got good reviews but are inexpensive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OH9IB8I/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Wow... what a price. I was considering some bluetooth headphones and researching powerbeats 2.0 but no longer! Thanks for that. If they suck I'll just get some more fancy ones later (obviously they won't be as good as £100+ ones, no one is claiming that, but well worth it for mild use/just seeing if I even need any).

inflame93

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
I use jabra rox - also had the sport pulse but got rid of them

work fine for gym twice a day, and running 6 times a week

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
I collect headphones - I know how sad am I :) To be honest unless you really have to have bluetooth I always recommend these waterproof, sweatproof sonys with 4 gig in built storage to my friends as they are just brilliant for the gym, swimming etc at 65 pounds. Good amount of volume too.
http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nwz-w273-nwz-w274s
Otherwise I am using my Parrot Ziks for the gym and cycling but your mileage may vary....

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I use jabra rox - also had the sport pulse but got rid of them

work fine for gym twice a day, and running 6 times a week

I just got some of the Jabra Rox and love them. They work great.

I used to use Jaybird Bluebuds X but they didn't stay in my ears at all. I tried to use Comply foam tips on them but that made them too fat and uncomfortable.

Jabra Rox have worked just fine out of the box, but I do have some Comply Foam tips on standby just in case.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Seconded. Best bluetooth buds for the money.

Another vote for jaybirds. Had mine two years, coupled with comply foam tips for my tiny ears (I wear them in the over ear style) and not a problem. Lasted a good 7+ hours on training walks too.

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Throw in another vote for the Bluebuds X. They sound really good IF you can get a good fit, they're light, and their batteries last through all but the longest workouts.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I could never use Bluetooth in-ears for running, they don't stay in my ears...

If you can handle the weight, I'd invest in some Senns: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_143URB...32985&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=60648154225&awdv=t

I have no idea how those could stay on your head while running. They weight of them would move them with every step.

The Bluebud X in-ear headphones will not fall out of your ears if you use the right ends, and use the supports that come with it.

l.marcus

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2015
Detroit MI
LG Tone+ I wear these everyday all day (yes - it's not exactly stylish but it's so handy, I don't care.) Decent quality calls, good quality music or at least about as good as you can expect being bluetooth and for the price.

http://amzn.com/B00KXJJMHK

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
I have no idea how those could stay on your head while running. They weight of them would move them with every step.

The Bluebud X in-ear headphones will not fall out of your ears if you use the right ends, and use the supports that come with it.

I'll look into it.
Term to date, I have NEVER had over ear cans fall off during a run (can't even vaguely imagine it, to be honest)... yet, on the flip, have had EVERY in-ear I've ever used fall out.

rywen

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2014
For those of you who own the powerbeats 2: do they produce an almost air-tight seal with your ear canal that blocks most sound? or do they fit more like the original apple earbuds that allow some sound and air pressure through?

I've found the smaller bluetooth earbuds use smaller drivers (to save power) that require a tighter fit with your ear canal to reproduce deeper bass (compared to standard earbuds like the apple earbuds). In my opinion these are less comfortable, and they block out more outside noise which is bad for running outside. I had a pair of plantronics backbeat go headphones that fit like this and hated them even though they were one of the better rated bluetooth headphones at the time.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I don't trust anything from Beats since I got a pair of Solo HDs as a gift 5 years ago. Awful sound. And I've tried the "improved" beats solo2 and there's still way too much bass.

I'll give the Bluebuds a shot though.

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.