Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dedufour41

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
New York
Bone conducting

Anyone know of any good bone conducting headphones that have improved sound quality? Really want to try this route but the reviews I've read for several models are mixed. ??

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Oh, really? That's great. Don't see the control on the Beat so I thought...

All Bluetooth headphones have controls at least for volume, pause, play and skip as well as microphone for hands free calling. I have a pair of over the ear Bluetooth headphones by AKG and they have the micro USB for charging on one ear cup and the controls I mentioned above as well as the microphone on the other. Personally I don't like the in ear earbud type headphones plus I don't work out or go running/jogging so it's a moot point for me. I use mine when out and about and commuting to and from work. They are relatively small for over the ear headphones anyway and fold up for portability.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
I can't find a headset that I like because I just don't like the pressure and isolation of in-ear headphones. The Apple EarPods stay in my ear while working out and the sound quality is good enough.
I'm thinking of just getting this $50 Sony Bluetooth adapter so that I can use my Apple headphones while working out and then use my over-the-ear noise-canceling headphones while traveling. Has anyone else tried this or another adapter?
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh20/

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Which BT Headphones do you use for running....?

According to many reviews Jaybird Bluebuds are one of the best.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=jaybird

Any similar priced suggestions?... or some more bargain options?

They're great yes BUT recently, the bluetooth cuts out when using them which is infuriating!

I think there are problems with the compatibility with iOS8 but I've yet to try them again since upgrading to iOS8.2

Mathletics

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2014
Orlando, FL
You can also access Siri on the powerbeats2 by holding the center button... but in my 2 months owning them I haven't felt the need to use this once

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
Apple Watch - Bluetooth headphones?

With the Apple watch about to launch and the small onboard memory for music I think that many people are about to get Bluetooth headphones

Who has recommendations? I like the powerbeats 2 but the reviews are horrendous - even on the Apple Store app. I wish Bose had an answer to this product.

If I'm going to invest in headphones I would obviously like to use them for more than the watch. I hear a lot of complaints regarding audio lag, especially with videos. Is this only a few models, or is this inherent with Bluetooth headphones because the technology isn't far enough?

So, let's hear those recommendations!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
With the Apple watch about to launch and the small onboard memory for music I think that many people are about to get Bluetooth headphones

Who has recommendations? I like the powerbeats 2 but the reviews are horrendous - even on the Apple Store app. I wish Bose had an answer to this product.

If I'm going to invest in headphones I would obviously like to use them for more than the watch. I hear a lot of complaints regarding audio lag, especially with videos. Is this only a few models, or is this inherent with Bluetooth headphones because the technology isn't far enough?

So, let's hear those recommendations!

It depends. Are you all about that bass or treble? :D

Reactions: JB22

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I've got the Bose AE2W set, however these are over the ear headphones. They're awesome and never had any audio lag.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
I've got the Bose AE2W set, however these are over the ear headphones. They're awesome and never had any audio lag.

No lag even with video?

I have my trusty Bose sport buds which are incredible, I just wish there was a Bluetooth version

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
No lag even with video?

I have my trusty Bose sport buds which are incredible, I just wish there was a Bluetooth version
I use them for Netflix all the time and they work perfectly. Also used with YouTube, Amazon instant video etc.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
I have no audio lag on videos with my Powerbeats 2, they fixed that in an update a while back and the new ones ship with that update on it. I LOVE my Powerbeats! Perfect if you work out and great even if you don't! Can't wait to use them with my Apple Watch

MarkieMark92

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2013
London, UK
I brought the Solo 2 Wireless yesterday and haven't opened them yet soo will let you know when I have :p Also thinking at some point getting the Powerbeats 2. There is an update for them now so they shouldn't lag like they did before :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.