Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
My concern is the 6 hour battery life tho on those beats headphones.

I prefer the apple style tho. Too bad apple doesn't make wireless headphones like the apple ones you get with the iPhone.

i have 2 pair. LOVE THEM...wireless also

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm trying to find headphones for the :apple:watch. Anyone in the know?

I was looking at apples website for bluetooth headsets and they're really expensive. I looked them up on amazon and they don't get very good reviews at all.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00FO0IHMY

I have a pair of these and use them at work, while I sleep and running. They easily hide under a polo shirt collar.

41KLXMJekML.jpg

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I got these from Amazon they work really well so far. I'm not an audiophile so the sound, sounds pretty good to me. Really good overall reviews. Soundpeats Qy7

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PEPIWNI/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_s5Zkvb0MHYQZG

I bought these last month. Work surprisingly well. I'm no audiophile either and I only use them for podcasts but they sound good to me. The battery seems to last longer than the stated time too.

My only issue was how to secure them in my ears but they have earhooks with them and they've not fallen out for me.

Tmdlkwd

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
SoCal
My Choice

I have the BlueAnt Pump..

Very comfortable, waterproof, and they will not move at all. Very secure
Battery Life, great so far

Sound Quality- It's ok, not up there prob with some of the others. Still above average

It works for me!

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Does anyone know anything about DinoTwin T2? They have a lifetime guarantee against sweat and use BT 4.0. I'm looking to permanently replace my wired headphones (a quality set of Audio Technica in-ears that I got about 5 years ago) with a Bluetooth set. The popular opinion seems to be split between Jaybirds and Powerbeats 2, but I'm curious about these.

http://www.amazon.com/DinoTwin-T2-B...otwin+t2+premium+sport+ear+bluetooth+headsets

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
For some reason I feel like if I buy powerbeats 2 then the powerbeats 3 will be out. What's their upgrade cycle like?

jdecosta

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
If you like in in-ear Bose tips this might be your answer. I been using them for about 4 weeks. So far so good. Make sure you read the manual so you can change the tone

Bluedio M2(mélodie) Hurrican Series Sports Bluetooth headset/Wirele

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T2CW3G6

They fit well, you have to read the reviews. It appears some of the bad ones were from another type of headphone

Last edited:

meyer1131

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Just ordered the BTS + by Studio 66 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E0GRRR4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1429152415&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=bts+bluetooth+headphones&dpPl=1&dpID=41YL7L9tThL&ref=plSrch

$49.99 4 stars

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
My thoughts exactly as they've been out for some time now.. Unlike the Solo 2 which came out just before the acquisition announcement.

Thinking about holding off until I see a new model, or Bose releases a competitor product. I'm realizing I really don't need them anyway. I know you can workout with the watch and no phone but I'm not a long distance runner I don't need that functionality just because it sounds cool sometimes I need to stay in touch during workouts

Also worth noting, those jaybirds can be had on Amazon around 130 - almost half the price.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
Thinking about holding off until I see a new model, or Bose releases a competitor product. I'm realizing I really don't need them anyway. I know you can workout with the watch and no phone but I'm not a long distance runner I don't need that functionality just because it sounds cool sometimes I need to stay in touch during workouts

Also worth noting, those jaybirds can be had on Amazon around 130 - almost half the price.

Beats is usually pretty slow at updating so you'd be safe, plus the powerbeats 2 aren't very old at all

Probably James

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2015
would love wireless earpods. I find in ear headphone very uncomfortable and don't like the isolation form the real world.

The Earin headphones look awesome but I would imagine they jam in your ear, thus uncomfortable.

Strange that apple haven't got a solution considering the watch comes with local storage to play music through Bluetooth headphones :/

jvdrummer182

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
USA
After trying about a half dozen pairs of BT sport headphones, I would recommend the jaybird bluebuds as best overall. However, the price was out of my budget and I decided to go with the Plantronics Back Beat Go 2. The sound quality of the Back Beat 2s isn't far off from the bluebuds, and at half the price it was a no brainier. The battery life per charge on the back beat 2 is supposedly half that of the bluebuds, but I doubt I will ever be working out for 4 hours straight.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00FO0IHMY

I have a pair of these and use them at work, while I sleep and running. They easily hide under a polo shirt collar.

I have the LG 730, and now they sit, for trips. I tried, but there is a volume issue when paired with iphones, the lowest volume setting is WAY too loud, even for being on a commuter train, and subway in NYC. Each volume change it too significant. I replaced it with some plantronics with comply earbuds (they do not show a model on their site, but the tsx-500 fight tightly). The plantronics have a much wider range of volume control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.