Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2014
I wear bluetooth headphones for all of my workouts. I've tried many. I sweat profusely and have busted many that claim to be waterproof. The Blueant Pump headphones are the best I've tried. Apple carries them in their store. They are aweosme. The price is very reasonable too. Plenty of reviews and youtube videos on them. Check them out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ISRUFSY/ref=twister_B00JTOQQBU?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I use them for running and am very happy with them.

Last edited:

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I like my wireless beats Powerbeats2.

I would love a wireless version of the Bose iE2 in-ear earphones even more, as they're the most comfy earphones I've ever worn and they stay in.

Torq

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Another nod for the BlueBuds X.

I have a multitude of IEMs and other headphones (and attendant DACs and amps) and, while the JayBirds aren't in the same league as my Etymotic ER4S or Shure SE846 they're, by far, the best BlueTooth IEMs I've used.

A bit warm in the bass, but otherwise very listenable.

Had them for a year now ... I run, hike, and cycle pretty extensively, as well as spending time at my climbing and regular gyms, and they've been rock-solid the entire time.

They get the advertised battery life, sound very good, are comfortable, haven't fallen out of my ears yet, and while I've not had to use it the warranty, especially around moisture issues, seems rock solid.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I like my wireless beats Powerbeats2.

I would love a wireless version of the Bose iE2 in-ear earphones even more, as they're the most comfy earphones I've ever worn and they stay in.

How does the sound quality of Powerbeats2 compare to Bose IE2?

And I couldn't agree more on wanting a bluetooth version of the IE2. They are simply the best in comfort and staying in the ear. I'm currently debating between pulling the trigger and getting a Bluetooth earphone from another maker, or waiting a bit longer to see if Bose comes out with anything.

PoppaKap

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010

And I couldn't agree more on wanting a bluetooth version of the IE2. They are simply the best in comfort and staying in the ear. I'm currently debating between pulling the trigger and getting a Bluetooth earphone from another maker, or waiting a bit longer to see if Bose comes out with anything.

I'veong hated everything to do with Beats. But I got the powerbeats wireless and I've been happy. I think they sound about the same as my bose quiet comfort 20s.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia

I prefer the Bose IE2 in terms of comfort and sound quality but not by a big enough margin over the Powerbeats2. I wouldn't wait for Bose to come out with a bluetooth version it could be months away if at all.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I'veong hated everything to do with Beats. But I got the powerbeats wireless and I've been happy. I think they sound about the same as my bose quiet comfort 20s.

I prefer the Bose IE2 in terms of comfort and sound quality but not by a big enough margin over the Powerbeats2. I wouldn't wait for Bose to come out with a bluetooth version it could be months away if at all.

Thanks. It's great to hear that other Bose users are happy with powerbeat2.

I'm currently using the Bose on-ear Bluetooth headphone. Great sound quality, a little better than the Quiet Comfort, and surprisingly light and comfortable, but keeps slipping off my head if I look down. :(

David R

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2003
Orlando, FL
Another vote for the Bluebuds X.

I run several miles every day and I have gone through countless of headphones, cheap and expensive. They have all failed for some reason or another within weeks or 3-4 months at the longest. The wired ones ended up shorting either around the jack because of the movement. Others died due to sweat, or some rain. Others just kept falling out of my ears a million times per run. It was always something.

All of that ended when I decided to try the Bluebuds X. I've had them for a almost two years so far and they still work as well as they did on day 1. They stay in your ear. They don't twist and turn so there are no shorts. They are water resistant so sweat and rain won't damage them. They stay in place. And real-world battery life is around 6 hours (in my experience, even though the advertised battery life is 8 hrs.)

Yes, they are a bit pricey, but they are worth it, specially compared to having to buy new ones 2-3 times a year.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2014
Check out those Blueant Pumps I posted above. They've significantly come down in price over the past six months and they are really well made and work great.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Powerbeats 2 wireless, the fit is great and sound amazing

I've tried the Jaybirds, and am now on the Powerbeats2, and can't seem to get either one of them to fit.

They both pop out. I thought that the over-the-ear Powerbeats2's would stay in better, being that they are 'over the ear', but it's like the tube is too short. I get them in, and they slide out quickly, and then the sound is, well, let's say 'sub prime'.

Any trick to getting them to stay in? They are kinda odd, with that rather largish round driver enclosure that the tube sticks out of. I get the feeling that if that tube was just a eight to quarter inch longer, I'd have a perfect fit...

Is that roundish driver enclosure supposed to fit in the ear too somehow?

It's like I almost need to go somewhere and be fitted or something.

Someone once mentioned the earphones that performers use, which are custom fit, but that seems like an odd, and potentially expensive route to go...

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I've tried the Jaybirds, and am now on the Powerbeats2, and can't seem to get either one of them to fit.

They both pop out. I thought that the over-the-ear Powerbeats2's would stay in better, being that they are 'over the ear', but it's like the tube is too short. I get them in, and they slide out quickly, and then the sound is, well, let's say 'sub prime'.

Any trick to getting them to stay in? They are kinda odd, with that rather largish round driver enclosure that the tube sticks out of. I get the feeling that if that tube was just a eight to quarter inch longer, I'd have a perfect fit...

Is that roundish driver enclosure supposed to fit in the ear too somehow?

It's like I almost need to go somewhere and be fitted or something.

Someone once mentioned the earphones that performers use, which are custom fit, but that seems like an odd, and potentially expensive route to go...

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with them. But they fit perfectly fine and don't fall out of my ears during my runs and weight lifting.

Did you try the other earbud tips?

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with them. But they fit perfectly fine and don't fall out of my ears during my runs and weight lifting.

Did you try the other earbud tips?

I went with the longer ones to see if they would reach my ear canal. They sort of do, but don't stay in.

I have a pair of Shure in-ear 'noise cancelling' ear phones, and they don't stay in well either. Apparently I sweat too much. I like the Bose in-ears that I have, but despise the cable. Ideally, I'd be using over the ear ones, but I tried a pair of wired ones years ago, and the sweat flooded the cups, and when I took them off, was slightly drenched in sweat that had accumulated there. Plus I'm looking for some to use biking outdoors so I don't want sound isolation to too high of a degree, and cables just suck, unless I route them under my jersey, and then they pull, etc...

I know, whine, whine, whine... :rolleyes:

But if it wasn't for these urgent details, our lives would be so barren and boring, right... ;)

I do run and don't like cables for that either.

I loved the Polk ear buds I bought, and thought they sounded the best, and then the control shorted out from the sweat. I guess I sweat a hell of a lot for some reason... :eek:

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I went with the longer ones to see if they would reach my ear canal. They sort of do, but don't stay in.

I have a pair of Shure in-ear 'noise cancelling' ear phones, and they don't stay in well either. Apparently I sweat too much. I like the Bose in-ears that I have, but despise the cable. Ideally, I'd be using over the ear ones, but I tried a pair of wired ones years ago, and the sweat flooded the cups, and when I took them off, was slightly drenched in sweat that had accumulated there. Plus I'm looking for some to use biking outdoors so I don't want sound isolation to too high of a degree, and cables just suck, unless I route them under my jersey, and then they pull, etc...

I know, whine, whine, whine... :rolleyes:

But if it wasn't for these urgent details, our lives would be so barren and boring, right... ;)

I do run and don't like cables for that either.

I loved the Polk ear buds I bought, and thought they sounded the best, and then the control shorted out from the sweat. I guess I sweat a hell of a lot for some reason... :eek:

I sweat a ton too. I destroyed a lot of cheap Bluetooth headphones Amazon

Phillybizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Here's a question.

I use my Powerbeats 2 to listen to Spotify from my iPhone using Bluetooth.

Can the iPhone handle 2 Bluetooth connections at once? This could be an issue for me. I'm assuming Spotify for the watch will take a while.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Here's a question.

I use my Powerbeats 2 to listen to Spotify from my iPhone using Bluetooth.

Can the iPhone handle 2 Bluetooth connections at once? This could be an issue for me. I'm assuming Spotify for the watch will take a while.

The iPhone can handle multiple Bluetooth connections but it can only output sound to one source. For example, you could connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones and a Bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone but if you connect a second pair of Bluetooth headphones your iPhone will only play sound through one pair of headphones. It can definitely handle multiple connections though.

Phillybizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
The iPhone can handle multiple Bluetooth connections but it can only output sound to one source. For example, you could connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones and a Bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone but if you connect a second pair of Bluetooth headphones your iPhone will only play sound through one pair of headphones. It can definitely handle multiple connections though.

Thank you sir. I've only ever tried pairing it to bluetooth audio so didn't know. Good news!

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Jaybirds BluebudsX. THREAD CAN BE CLOSED NOW. :)

Agreed. I've tried several and these are the only ones that provide decent bass (helps reduce 'tininess' even while using them to watch movies on the treadmill, etc) for buds and last through workout after sweaty workout.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I'll join the long line of those endorsing the Bluebuds X. Use mine both running and at the gym for the last 3 months and they are terrific. Just make sure to use the right size tips and "hooks" for your ears.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.