Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

According to the developers comment on a post on their blog, MC 3.1 has apparently been REJECTED yet again!!!

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

According to the developers comment on a post on their blog, MC 3.1 has apparently been REJECTED yet again!!!

big surprise! what is this, the 4th or 5th rejection in a row? do these clowns have ANY idea what they're doing???

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
i hate to say it but someone needs to take them to court and teach them a thing or two about consequences. though i don't think they set out to purposely scam anyone.......it has now become a scam. they are still selling a product that doesn't work, even by their own admission

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I reported a problem with this app to Apple and requested a refund and they have not said anything. This was over 3 weeks ago :S

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I reported a problem with this app to Apple and requested a refund and they have not said anything. This was over 3 weeks ago :S

Same here.

Not only is it shocking beyond words that the devs have not pulled this app from the store for not working, or given any warning on the app page about it being unreliable, but Apple has also not done ANYTHING about this. There have been countless reports of people complaining to Apple about MobileChat, and just as many of people asking for refunds and not getting any. The whole situation is just bizarre beyond words, and I think the devs AND Apple are equally to blame for letting this farce continue. Apple's been quick to pull other apps for less serious reasons -- so why not this one, which is still taking money from unsuspecting customers?? (And no, I don't think the low rating/bad reviews will necessarily scare everyone away. A lot of people might assume it's people complaininng about the price (like every other app) and probably ignore that. As long as this app continues to be sold, with no warning of how it doesn't work, then the devs and Apple continue to steal from unsuspecting customers...

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008

These guys are a couple of losers who really wasted a great opportunity to take a large chunk of the IM market on the iPhone.. Now that BeeJive will most likely be out before MC 3.1, these guys are toast.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Delayed again?? Ok, this app seemed pretty nice. It mostly worked for me but I was really looking forward to the fixes in this update. Screw this. MC 3.1 will never be released.

And they closed comments on their blog.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008

These guys are a couple of losers who really wasted a great opportunity to take a large chunk of the IM market on the iPhone.. Now that BeeJive will most likely be out before MC 3.1, these guys are toast.

But Beejive will be 16 dollars

Zym

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Delayed again?? Ok, this app seemed pretty nice. It mostly worked for me but I was really looking forward to the fixes in this update. Screw this. MC 3.1 will never be released.

And they closed comments on their blog.

I've always been a MobileChat fan...but this is ridiculous.

I hate the NDA...I want to know how someone misinterprets the rejection reason three times.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008

TheZimm said:

But Beejive will be 16 dollars

Zym

True. But it will be money well spent if this app is anything like there BB app. Besides, I'll subsidize the cost with my 3 dollar refund for MC. :)

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
I've always been a MobileChat fan...but this is ridiculous.

I hate the NDA...I want to know how someone misinterprets the rejection reason three times.

you assume that is the REAL reason. the mobilechat idiots have a long and pathetic history of trying to pass blame off on others like apple with their claims of apple holding up the app and any updates. who knows if the update was really submitted to apple when they claim that it was. it might have never been submitted to apple for all we know and they are just trying to buy additional time. either way, they're either liars (which i believe has been proven on a few occassions) or they're just incompetent morons, which is pretty obvious now. either way, it's up to us the consumers to put them out of business

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan

True. But it will be money well spent if this app is anything like there BB app. Besides, I'll subsidize the cost with my 3 dollar refund for MC. :)

$16???? Ok screw that. I'm sticking with MC. It still works it's just buggy as hell. At least they got the price right. $16 is more of a joke than MC.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008

spyker3292 said:

$16???? Ok screw that. I'm sticking with MC. It still works it's just buggy as hell. At least they got the price right. $16 is more of a joke than MC.

Good luck with MC. You will need it. I came from the BB where BeeJive was solid for double the price it is launching on the iPhone. So I really don't mind paying for a quality app.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004

By app store standards, that does seem a bit pricey for a messenger app, granted. However, I would honestly rather pay $16 for a messenger app that does work, than $3 for a messenger app that does not work.
Having said that, I get my messenger fix just fine with the free AIM app for the most part, so I likely wont bother with the new Beejive app either. Unless it turns out to be especially amazing somehow..

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
By app store standards, that does seem a bit pricey for a messenger app, granted. However, I would honestly rather pay $16 for a messenger app that does work, than $3 for a messenger app that does not work.
Having said that, I get my messenger fix just fine with the free AIM app for the most part, so I likely wont bother with the new Beejive app either. Unless it turns out to be especially amazing somehow..

Yup, it needs to somehow make the iPhone camera face forward and allow video chatting. :p.

$16 is a lot for an app store app. I'd rather stick with one of the free options (IM+ or AIM) which both pretty much suck.

kinchee87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
New Zealand
I was excited about MobileChat when it first came out (hence this thread). But as I kept waiting for positive feedback, things started to drag on and on. Their time to market is very patchy (no pun intended) and now they've lost potential market share. I only hope their 3.1 version does some justice to the delays. I'm just glad I waited it out.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I was excited about MobileChat when it first came out (hence this thread). But as I kept waiting for positive feedback, things started to drag on and on. Their time to market is very patchy (no pun intended) and now they've lost potential market share. I only hope their 3.1 version does some justice to the delays. I'm just glad I waited it out.

Glad you waited what out, exactly?
It's still
hello_kitty_poop.jpg

noisebleed

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
all the dev does is post statuses about how horrific his app is...

next month...

"we just upgraded the servers" x 10
"apple rejected our app" x 3
"we got new team members" x 2
"we're sick of complaints" x 8

oh and the rest?

"oh... we forgot to update you about our upcoming update, stay tuned"

**** you MC.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Some of you may have read my seemingly 'glowing' review of Mobile Chat 3.
We apologize, and today, I took it all back.

Saverio and Shaun have a lot of people to answer to,
and the fact the application is still not functioning but still available for purchase on the store, is sickening.

R-Fly

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Some of you may have read my seemingly 'glowing' review of Mobile Chat 3.
We apologize, and today, I took it all back.

Saverio and Shaun have a lot of people to answer to,
and the fact the application is still not functioning but still available for purchase on the store, is sickening.

R-Fly

They didn't want to pull it because it would take longer to approve an application than an update.

Though in my opinion, they really should pull it. Then, they can start fresh in App Store...in its current state, it's pretty much impossible to get rid of that two star rating.

Glad you waited what out, exactly?
It's still
hello_kitty_poop.jpg

They didn't purchase MobileChat yet. They're glad that they waited that way they didn't have to go through the trouble of getting a refund.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004

So you got everyone all excited by starting this thread, so everyone rushed to buy it. But you didn't buy it yourself!? You used us as lab rats didn't you!!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

:D

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
not many people seem to be aware of (or just haven't tried) WebMessenger as an alternative. It's free and has been in the appstore for a few weeks now. v1.0 was a bit unstable, especially on 2.0.2, but has been working pretty well for me since upgrading to 2.1. And they've just released v1.1 which improves a number of things. I've been testing it out, and ok, it doesn't keep you logged on when you leave the app which I know will be a show stopper for some, but it does retain the last 10 messages in a conversation, and it also delivers any messages that were sent while you were offline. I've tested with Google Talk accounts by simply closing and reopening the app, and also by rebooting the iphone, sending messages from my wife's gtalk account, and the messages were there waiting in the conversation when I reopened the app.

I prefer this app to palringo, as it's much simpler (and nicer imo) GUI, and obviously more stable than MC!

I may buy Beejive when it comes out, providing I read some good reviews and it warrants the cost, but I'd recommend this as an alternative that has worked well for me.

Iamtherealwoody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
didn't see this posted but I hear they are giving refunds. I emailed apple and complained and they gave me a refund yesterday. I think I wrote the email from the app support page at apple.com/support. Look for it and get your money back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.