Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinchee87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
New Zealand
Glad you waited what out, exactly?
It's still
hello_kitty_poop.jpg
They didn't purchase MobileChat yet. They're glad that they waited that way they didn't have to go through the trouble of getting a refund.
Yes that's what I meant.

... and since I wanted to know what the general opinion of MC was, you could say I used early adopters as lab rats :rolleyes: ...
So you got everyone all excited by starting this thread, so everyone rushed to buy it. But you didn't buy it yourself!? You used us as lab rats didn't you!!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

:D

As a consequence, I still have my $3US + interest ;)

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Some of you may have read my seemingly 'glowing' review of Mobile Chat 3.
We apologize, and today, I took it all back.

Saverio and Shaun have a lot of people to answer to,
and the fact the application is still not functioning but still available for purchase on the store, is sickening.

R-Fly

You seriously need to get off your high-chair and tell your 'ego' to turn down a notch, you've put me off your site with your horrendous adverts everywhere.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

EvanLugh said:
Some of you may have read my seemingly 'glowing' review of Mobile Chat 3.

We apologize, and today, I took it all back.

Saverio and Shaun have a lot of people to answer to,

and the fact the application is still not functioning but still available for purchase on the store, is sickening.

R-Fly

You seriously need to get off your high-chair and tell your 'ego' to turn down a notch, you've put me off your site with your horrendous adverts everywhere.

I'm in total agreement with R-Fly. Even if MC 3.1 ever see's the light of day, the developers are re-doing there servers yet once again (latest blog post).

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I'm in total agreement with R-Fly. Even if MC 3.1 ever see's the light of day, the developers are re-doing there servers yet once again (latest blog post).

Again, hardly an excuse for advertising - still, I agree with him.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I FINALLY got a refund for Mobilecrap 3.0
I also asked in the email to Apple to have the app pulled but they ignored that part of the email. It's beyond me how could apple let this happen.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I'm not here to cause a stir, but if you were to point out which adverts you were referring to, maybe I could help.

Cheers,
R-Fly

R-Fly? From Cheshire? Haha, a little off topic but glad to see somebody from the same county as me :)

And anyway, will we ever see MobileChat updated? - Think that if enough people email Apple etc, this app would probably get removed. That's not what I want exactly.. I just don;t get how a company can RELEASE a broken product! Not only that, and untested one too!

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
R-Fly? From Cheshire? Haha, a little off topic but glad to see somebody from the same county as me :)

And anyway, will we ever see MobileChat updated? - Think that if enough people email Apple etc, this app would probably get removed. That's not what I want exactly.. I just don;t get how a company can RELEASE a broken product! Not only that, and untested one too!
Haha yeah, hey. I always say it's not real 'Cheshire' as I live in Widnes, but yeah, great to see someone else from Cheshire :)

R-Fly

dranakin

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2005
I FINALLY got a refund for Mobilecrap 3.0
I also asked in the email to Apple to have the app pulled but they ignored that part of the email. It's beyond me how could apple let this happen.

I'm assuming you went through Apple then? I don't trust the "ticket system" of MC to get my refund.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
So what process is working best to get the refund?

You'll be lucky. Quite a few folks on here (me included) followed the right route through Apple to get a refund.. But no reply.
I guess I don't care about actually getting the money back, as it cost so little. But really, I don't want the pathetic MC devs getting their hands on it, as they simply don't deserve it.

markgamber

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2005
Redneck, PA
Beejive is up and running. Bye MobileChat, I never really knew you because never once did your garbage app work for me, so no loss here. Good luck trying to find suc...users now.

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008

I am loving Beejive as I knew I would. Task for tommorrow is getting refund for MC. I reported a problem throught the app store on iTunes asking for a refund, but have not received a response.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007

I am loving Beejive as I knew I would. Task for tommorrow is getting refund for MC. I reported a problem throught the app store on iTunes asking for a refund, but have not received a response.

likewise. i will be requesting a refund as well, not for the money but for the principle. mobilechat DOES NOT deserve a penny from me and i will let apple know. perhaps if more people requested refunds, then apple might take some action, but i suspect because the app is only 3 bucks, people aren't bothering with trying to recoup the money.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Well... MC has mostly worked for me. You won't be seeing me buying Beejive anytime soon :p. The only problem is that MC hasn't worked for me for this whole week! So I'm stuck with AIM.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Received refund!

.. Hello Beejive.

Works awesomely, very polished UI. Push e-mail notifications work seamlessly. No photo support as of yet, that I can find.
Friend tried to send a photo to me, I never received it. No hyperlink support either. Other than that, the iPhone IM to beat.

R-Fly

kevin512

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008

razorianfly said:
Received refund!

.. Hello Beejive.

Works awesomely, very polished UI. Push e-mail notifications work seamlessly. No photo support as of yet, that I can find.
Friend tried to send a photo to me, I never received it. No hyperlink support either. Other than that, the iPhone IM to beat.

R-Fly
[nlHow did you go about getting a refund from Apple?

EDIT: I am also loving Beejive!

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom

[nlHow did you go about getting a refund from Apple?

EDIT: I am also loving Beejive!

I emailed Apple at itunesstoresupport@apple.com with the following:

Hello iTunes Support,

I am writing to ask for a full refund (£1.79) of the application Mobile Chat 3.
I was given this e-mail address from staff working on the project and they have given me the ok for a refund.

Apparently Apple doesn't allow developers to give refunds, and therefore I am contacting you directly.
I bought Mobile Chat 3 in August, and it does not work as advertised. This is 2 months further down the line, and still it does not work.

This blog post shows my my utter dissatisfaction with the product:
http://www.razorianfly.com/2008/the-shambles-that-is-mobile-chat-3/

My iTunes ID is:

I look forward to hearing from you soon on this matter.

Thank you,
Arron

and received the following:

Dear Arron,

I'm sorry to hear that the application you recently purchased is not functioning as expected. The steps outlined in this article resolve many common issues:

Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1702

In three to five business days, a credit of $1.79 should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt for that purchase.

Thank you for being an iTunes Store customer, I hope you have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Marisa
iTunes Store Customer Support
Please Note: I work Thurs - Mon 11am-8pm CT.

The £1.79 landed back into my account after emailing them last night.

R-Fly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.