Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Now that I'm thinking about it, the lack of a GM release is somewhat concerning... do you guys think that may pinpoint to the possibility of Mojave being postponed?

I'm not sure why you are worried. Even if it's delayed that just means it will be a better release when it DOES arrive. If you're on the latest beta right now, and it works well for you, just keep using it and don't worry about the release version.

It'll get here, when it gets here...

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
I'm not sure why you are worried. Even if it's delayed that just means it will be a better release when it DOES arrive. If you're on the latest beta right now, and it works well for you, just keep using it and don't worry about the release version.

It'll get here, when it gets here...
I'm on High Sierra, which is barely holding together. HS is such a hot mess, and the configuration I'm on is kind of screwy. That's why I'm ready to get Mojave and do a brand-new, fresh install to start over.
[doublepost=1537552596][/doublepost]
Yes I think its a clear indication.
Hmm. Well, Apple.com still shows Mojave as coming out 9/24, so I guess we'll see.

Reactions: TimothyR734

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Gotcha, why don't you download the current Mojave and give it a test drive.
Already did! I'd prefer to wait until the sanitized final version to be 100% sure it's final, then do some heavy-duty cleaning. My computer definitely needs some heavy bleaching! Kidding, sort of, but HS really messed things up, so I'm looking forward to the clean install.

misanthrophy

Suspended
Aug 16, 2018
Already did! I'd prefer to wait until the sanitized final version to be 100% sure it's final, then do some heavy-duty cleaning. My computer definitely needs some heavy bleaching! Kidding, sort of, but HS really messed things up, so I'm looking forward to the clean install.
And why no clean install from 10.13/10.14 now?I mean if your system is so screwed up, why you haven't already took one hour of time for just the clean install? So you could at least check if all the SW you have to install will work on 10.14 and if not, simply go back to 10.13 and stay there with a fresh system :cool:

uneeko1ne

Suspended
Dec 16, 2017
Reno,Nv
Do you have any recommendations on a good software to find duplicated files like photos/videos ive just recently became a mac user and installed a bunch of Data from my Windows and i can tell i got a couple if not a few Gigs of duplicates thanks in advance

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
People, you're overthinking this with the delay business.

The last beta was a GM candidate for all intents and purposes (but the build does not necessarily have to be the same as the official release, as some previous years have shown). iOS gets an official GM every year because that is the version that has to be preloaded on all the new hardware that ships each September.

New versions of macOS aren’t released simultaneously with new Macs. Therefore there is no need to preload the GM version on new shipping hardware and the final version goes only to existing customers upgrading. Hence, there is no need for a proper GM release before the final public release.

gyorgy

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2011
You can nearly always just use the full installer to install over the top of anything because that will just write every single file again. If the file already exists it will be overwritten with the installer version, and if it doesn't exist then it will of course be written. So, unless for some reason you want to wipe everything and start fresh then regardless of what beta version you are currently on you can just use the full final installer to full install (so not an upgrade, a full install) over the top to end up with exactly all the final OS files you should have whilst keeping all your own files.

Can you please explain how to extract the full installer? I downloaded Mojave 18A389 using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munki/macadmin-scripts/master/installinstallmacos.py to the desktop.

Thank you.

Chris The Bipolarbear

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Волгоград
Over the last few years we have not had a GM BUT A GM candidate some years more than one. Most apple betas have a letter at the end. build 18A389 hasn't, If there were major problems we properly would of had an update in the past 10 days. Their website still shows it as available 24:09 if this had change I'm sure they would have updated it before this weekend. as for links to get the direct download for Build 18A389 these involve using 3rd Party software and I for on would not use 3rd party software for an operating system so I would consider it prudent to stick to the official update links. If it Mojave fails to come out Monday we will likely get an update, and if we don't get the release or an update its not the end of the world. If what you have dose what you need (Not what You Want) then don't worry about something you have no control over. remember Apple are a rule unto themselves.

Carlos51

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2017
Argentina

Chris The Bipolarbear

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Волгоград
Remember if Mojave dose get released on Monday then within a day or two beta 1 of "10.14.1" will be coming out so if you don't want to continue receiving beta updates then remove "This Mac is enrolled in the Beta software/ Apple developer seed Program" or you will most likley get the ".~ Beta updates"
Screenshot 2018-09-22 at 14.17.36.png
Screenshot 2018-09-22 at 14.23.29.png

PhyrePhox

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anyone know what the difference is between #3 and #5 in the list returned by installinstallmacos.py?
Code:
3    091-62771      10.14   18A389  2018-09-12  macOS Mojave
5 091-62771::1      10.14   18A389  2018-09-12  macOS Mojave

Netsurfer

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
[PsychoOSXAddictedModeOn]
Which time (in the day announced before) does Apple usually use to release the new OS?
[PsychoOSXAddictedModeOff]
:D

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Remember if Mojave dose get released on Monday then within a day or two beta 1 of "10.14.1" will be coming out so if you don't want to continue receiving beta updates then remove "This Mac is enrolled in the Beta software/ Apple developer seed Program" or you will most likley get the ".~ Beta updates"

Agreed. All this talk about GM or not GM is irrelevant. We are all (at present) in the beta stream. There is good chance that 18A389 is the last 10.14 we will be offered, and that the next will be the first beta of 10.14.1.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Watching people squabble, comment and fret over the words beta, GM and version numbers for the last five pages has convinced me that this thread should be entered in the "Best Comedy" category at the Oscars.

Chris The Bipolarbear

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Волгоград
Watching people squabble, comment and fret over the words beta, GM and version numbers for the last five pages has convinced me that this thread should be entered in the "Best Comedy" category at the Oscars.
I would agree, It’s almost as though if Mojave doesn’t come out tomorrow (Monday) the world will end. As much as there some new features in Mojave apple has dropped support for some Older Macs so as much as it’s a free upgrade, apple I is probably hoping those with older machines will rush out and buy new ones. Making more money for Apple. (My mantra is if. What you have dose what you need, don’t spend your money on what you think you need.) As for wether it’s beta GM or released version macOS is constenly being updated so looking it that way even the released version Is only a post beta release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.