Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Colored bands are still dead ugly. Its almost worse, it almost look like apple tried to hide bad design with a less noticable color. I really hope they have some fancy trick in the sleeve, som final molding process, which seamlessly integrates those lines with metal, so you cannot see them. If not I really don´t understand their design choice this time, is just BAD. iPhone 1 or the ipad looks a lot better, if you cant hide it, at least make it a part of the design, like half the back side being a different color plastic or a cut in the back like the ipad...much more aestethicly pretty.

Itsnickg13

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
Not sure how I feel about the bands yet. If you remember a few days ago they released pictures of the so called 5.5 inch iPhone with thinner bands and I like those better. I think the bands are too thick here. Just my option.

jon3543

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
Colored bands are still dead ugly. Its almost worse, it almost look like apple tried to hide bad design with a less noticable color. I really hope they have some fancy trick in the sleeve, som final molding process, which seamlessly integrates those lines with metal, so you cannot see them.

It's nigh impossible for me to imagine high resolution photos of this design plastered across apple.com. In every purported photo I've seen, the bands beg to be peeled off, for crying out loud.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Here's an idea - there have been a HUGE amount of "leaks" - if the leaks have been THIS high profile and regular, and because this even is going to be SO huge, the chances are VERY VERY VERY high this is NOT the real deal, and you've all been duped and misdirected.

Not joking - I doubt this is the final (or real) product, for SUCH a huge re-design. So many things are wrong with it, it beggars belief that you'd think it could even be considered.

This is the real deal. When the iPhone 5 was dropping, the leaks were spot on. Last year, the leaks were spot on with the 5c and 5s.

THIS ^^^^

Every year we get so called 'leaks' and every year, these 'leaks' are always spot on!! Even the year when Apple were quoted as 'doubling down on security', the leaks were even more accurate - so much for security....!! :rolleyes:

Is anyone putting any credence in this as a final design?

If they are indeed the final designs - I for one think they look great - especially the dark grey colour! :)

Pupalei

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2012
The bands are the antennas. Wireless signals don't pass well through aluminum.

After all these years do people still not understand this simple concept?

Useful antennas? Steve would never have allowed this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.