Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Totally agree with you. Only ones which are stylish, functional and fast enough to use as an iOs alternative for me.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
i am not trading in my iphone 14 pm but i did preorder the razr+ and bought a $15 mint account. my plan is to use the razr full time and my iphone will just be a secondary device. the form factor seems ideal.

TandC

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Thought I would create a thread for these newly announced devices.
Available straight away in UK / Europe (Razr 40 Ultra) and late in June in America (Razr+), these look like great alternatives to Samsung’s Flip series, and other devices with this form factor.

The naming convention is… weird, and I much prefer the name for the phones in America than outside of America, but, there we have it.

The outer display of the Ultra / + is the big selling point here. Looks so much better than the competition, although I know Samsungs Flip is also likely to increase the size of its cover display in this years Flip 5.

Colour wise, they‘re going all in on the Magenta, but I don’t like it at all. The blue is where it’s at for me.

Am I tempted? Yes… yes I am.

View attachment 2210872 View attachment 2210873
Just curious like the phone concept and have one coming Monday...have you tired putting in a g-cam apk to see if that helps on the camera?

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
Just curious like the phone concept and have one coming Monday...have you tired putting in a g-cam apk to see if that helps on the camera?
No I didn’t. I’ve been there before with other Androids and it just never seems to work very well. Granted, mostly I’ve tried to install it on Xperia devices and not had much success, but for the price the camera on the Razr should be better.
I’m not meaning Pixel quality, but even Mr Mobile and other reviewers have said the camera is lacking.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
There seems to be a number of mid-range Chinese made phones with better cameras at a fraction of the price, let alone more high end devices.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
IMG_1904.jpeg
I grabbed one of these a few days ago, let’s just say, Best Buy is dangerous! There’s so much to like, but I have to say, I like the software on the Motorola way more than any of the Samsung foldable. Anyone have any questions? I’d love to answer any!

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Was in a Best Buy today checking on sales, which there weren't any......on 4th of July weekend? 🤔

Anyways they did have a Razr 40 that I messed with. I thought it was pretty damn cool and would like to get one, but I won't till they go on sale. Not paying $999. Needless to say I won't buy SS's new one when it comes out for $1399 or so lol.

It opened flat which was a complaint in here and the front screen is very cool and useful.

Just liked it and it won't be big in my pocket. Camera seemed fine to me but I'm not a photographer. If it's clear, good enough.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
What are your thoughts after having it almost a week now?
Two little annoyances, firstly the camera performance is poor in comparison to the iPhone 14 Pro. Secondly, the 5w wireless charging is brutally slow. Other than that, I have no complaints. Battery life is fine, the software is fine.

Reactions: 5105973

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Two little annoyances, firstly the camera performance is poor in comparison to the iPhone 14 Pro. Secondly, the 5w wireless charging is brutally slow. Other than that, I have no complaints. Battery life is fine, the software is fine.
Thanks!
How the crease where the screen folds? Distracting or nearly flat?

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Thanks!
How the crease where the screen folds? Distracting or nearly flat?
to me it is not distracting at all. if you’re looking for it, it’s there but with normal use it disappears. you can feel it when swiping. the real funny thing is i still have my iphone 14 pm as i’m a dev of a couple apps and have an apple tv, watch, mac, but the funny thing is after using the razr then i use my iphone, i see the crease on the iphone. i really like the razr, the crease is fine.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
View attachment 2225571 I grabbed one of these a few days ago, let’s just say, Best Buy is dangerous! There’s so much to like, but I have to say, I like the software on the Motorola way more than any of the Samsung foldable. Anyone have any questions? I’d love to answer any!

What’s the overall software performance like any lags or stutters, has it had any updates since you’ve had it?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
My niece had the original Motorola Razr. I was so envious. It was so sleek and cool looking. So are these.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
My niece had the original Motorola Razr. I was so envious. It was so sleek and cool looking. So are these.
I had that one too I've had quite a few Motorola's including the Motorola Nexus which we call the whale.. lol lol

Reactions: 5105973

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I ended up buying the phone off the Prime deal. Playing with it last two days and it really is a cool little device. Very smooth and the front screen is extremely usable. Ultimately not for me as I find myself using it flipped open more often than not which defeats the purpose imo. Don't think the camera is all that great either but definitely not bad persay.

The last Moto I used was the Atrix, that thing was awesome at the time with the laptop like accessory.

Back to my Fold 4 and just ordered an S23 Ultra. One other thing I really like about the Moto is the OS, seems very close to stock Android with some very nice additions such as the Samsung like edge panel.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.