Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Apr 12, 2023
Oh 100%. I don’t mind people switching back and forth, I encourage it if anything. Like I said, if I could, I would trade my 14 PM in for the S23 ultra, but I’m too locked in. Maybe eventually I’ll venture to android, but not now
Break the chains little one!!!! ha ha. Just get ALL the tech. Then you can move back and forth. As soon as sunbird arrives for android I am on a few android deivces as well as my iPhone. They are all good now.

Reactions: Djones96

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
I think everyone should experience all (or maybe both) platforms. That way you’ll know what works for you and what doesn’t work.

While I’m 100% vested in Apple personally, I still use Android daily in the corporate world, specifically with digital signage. Android is the absolute best for this situation. And most of your smart TV’s have some form of Android / Linux OS on them, making it easy to side load apps onto.

Would I ever go back to Android for personal use?

Well, let me just say I do miss Nova Launcher!

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Everytime i ponder trying a iPhone again, im quickly reminded why i ditched it in the first place. Customization just isnt there. Siri is awful, and Apple isnt share platform apps friendly, and the cost.

Even my Wife doesnt want a iPhone and she uses an iPad(Samsung Phone). I figured she would want one and i offered to get her one and she said no.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Well, I have made the switch but still keep using my Macs. There is no way I am going back to Windows any time soon. I am using an S23 Ultra and the only things that I am missing are:
  • Things equivalent. I use ToDoist, which is really good, but not on par with Things
  • A version of Craft (craft.do) for Android. This is not as important, as I am using Craft mostly on my Macs, but it would be great if I could have it on my Android devices too.
  • Automatic syncing between Google Photos and iCloud Photos. Currently, I am just downloading the pics to my Macs and import them to iCloud. Not nice.
Everything else has been very easy and I am enjoying Android a lot. My Galaxy Watch 5 Pro also works very well, but is not as polished as Apple Watch. Overall I am happy, but there are days where I have the urge to go back to iOS. The integration with Mac is just so good, that makes it very difficult to ignore, even if I don't need most of the features. Copy/Paste is no issue, as I am using KDE Connect for that. Sending files is also not a problem, mainly because I use Google Drive and KDE Connect too.

mectojic

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I wonder if anyone else is in a similar boat to me.

I'm sick of the locked-in ecosystem of Apple, but I love the hardware. I've replaced all my iCloud services with alternatives, such as Gmail, google contacts, Telegram, Simplenote etc, but still using an iPhone. The UI and the premium hardware is still worth it to me, even without any Apple services.

I still have to have an AppleID to download apps, but perhaps when sideloading becomes a thing, even that won't be necessary anymore.

Reactions: gusmula
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.