Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
There is nothing Pixel 7 Pro has over iPhone 13 Pro Max. Maybe better camera under certain conditions but that is all it.

Android 13 on Pixel is still a buggy mess compared to iOS on 13 Pro Max.

I would ask you to save up for next year's iPhone 14 Pro or Ultra (Whatever Apple calls it to artificially jack up the price)

Yep, I couldn’t even get the pixel 7 pro stay connected to my WiFi network. It was a common issue on the Pixel 7s and 6s. So I sent it back.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Well it is all a matter of opinion. The 13 Pro Max is no doubt a great phone and will be for a long time.

However your second point is completely wrong. iOS 16 is a buggy mess and has reduced the battery life on my 13 Pro Max considerably. The implementation of widgets is not very good.

Pixel software is rock solid which is surprisingly refreshing after the 6. Fingerprint sensor works, cameras are great, screen is great, battery life is great, and it is nice to have Always On Display which didn't get to the 13 Pro Max despite having a perfectly good screen to do so.

I may get an iPhone 13 mini but we will see what the 15 offers, if esim support is better in a year, and what the Pixel 8 Pro looks like.

Both phones are really nice but general statements about Android compared to iOS are old and stale. Can iPhone screen a call? How is speech to text? How does Siri integrate into the phone so you can do things hands free? How about clear calling and more.

Android animations are cool and super smooth like when you press the power button to turn off the screen it fades into the power button.

Like I said I like iOS and Android but let's not say one is better than the other. They are different and both can be great.

Far from it being rock solid. My 14 pro max has mostly been solid other than a few glitches. At least the primary stuff works all the time. Pixel 7 losing cell signals, WiFi dropping, etc. it’s a buggy mess and proof is in the forums or fb/reddit groups.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
There is nothing Pixel 7 Pro has over iPhone 13 Pro Max. Maybe better camera under certain conditions but that is all it.

Android 13 on Pixel is still a buggy mess compared to iOS on 13 Pro Max.

I would ask you to save up for next year's iPhone 14 Pro or Ultra (Whatever Apple calls it to artificially jack up the price)
There is nothing buggy about the pixel 7 pro. Did you even have the phone?

I haven't had bugs on my 14 pro Max but ios 16 has had tons of reported bugs from users

Reactions: Technerd108

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
Yep, I couldn’t even get the pixel 7 pro stay connected to my WiFi network. It was a common issue on the Pixel 7s and 6s. So I sent it back.
Maybe you got a defective unit. Have not heard widespread reports on XDA P7P forum or other android forums about wifi issues and cellular connection is improved from the Pixel 6.

If you like your iPhone no problem but maybe Pixel 7 series are good too specially for the cost.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Maybe you got a defective unit. Have not heard widespread reports on XDA P7P forum or other android forums about wifi issues and cellular connection is improved from the Pixel 6.

If you like your iPhone no problem but maybe Pixel 7 series are good too specially for the cost.

It is a common issue as I said. Many were having it. You been living under a rock? This is just a quick search.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/y2ka04

Last edited:

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
Look the main point of this thread was help and advice from people who have switched from an iPhone to a Pixel not discussing the merits of either device.

If you come and say comments that don't help that point and only say things about a particular device to throw shade then you are just trying to argue and stir things up.

You can search online for problems with any part of any phone and you will find them.

If there were serious widespread issues with the Pixel 7 modem it would have already been huge on YouTube.

I don't doubt some people got defective devices or have other problems and I am sorry for them. Hopefully they will get sorted out through warranty repair or future software updates.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Heat_Fan89

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Look the main point of this thread was help and advice from people who have switched from an iPhone to a Pixel not discussing the merits of either device.

If you come and say comments that don't help that point and only say things about a particular device to throw shade then you are just trying to argue and stir things up.

You can search online for problems with any part of any phone and you will find them.

If there were serious widespread issues with the Pixel 7 modem it would have already been huge on YouTube.

I don't doubt some people got defective devices or have other problems and I am sorry for them. Hopefully they will get sorted out through warranty repair or future software updates.

I was just saying why I returned it. I’m done. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason2000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.