Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I’m on the newest build and had a lot of trouble w screen sharing on Wednesday. Had to hang up on the meeting and rejoin and then it worked.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I can't believe I'm saying this, I really can't. But, I find MS Teams far-and-away the best/easiest to use of all these screen sharing/video conferencing/chat apps like Zoom, LogMeIn, etc.

In recent months I've had to use several different apps. Upon launching all of them (except Teams) I've found that the developers have moved things around, and added so many features that nothing works as advertised, is more cumbersome to use, or has an interface so cluttered with doo-dads, buttons, and ads that I find the app(s) nearly unusable.

Reactions: ssmed

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
I can't believe I'm saying this, I really can't. But, I find MS Teams far-and-away the best/easiest to use of all these screen sharing/video conferencing/chat apps like Zoom, LogMeIn, etc.

In recent months I've had to use several different apps. Upon launching all of them (except Teams) I've found that the developers have moved things around, and added so many features that nothing works as advertised, is more cumbersome to use, or has an interface so cluttered with doo-dads, buttons, and ads that I find the app(s) nearly unusable.
Teams and Google Meets work very well for me, I just wish we could get a macOS team for Google Meet

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Teams and Google Meets work very well for me, I just wish we could get a macOS team for Google Meet
I must admit that I've only used Google Meet one time. But from my recollection, it was easy to use and worked quite well – but I only used it for video calling purposes, no screen sharing involved, so I can't say with any conviction that it's good or bad.

quick.spot1926

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
i have been running my workshops (2-4 hour technical exercises) entirely from Arc browser tabs, because the MSTeams binary throws up all over itself multiple times a day on my employer's macBook Pro 16" (Apple Silicon) and just about everyone at work using macOS has the same experience.

i never Share Desktop, i always Share Windows and that works great even for OneNote tabs, so i'll be watching from the sidelines until they stop making Teams the grenade it has become.

quick.spot1926

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
my Teams build on that workstation is `24033.812.2721.9190` at the moment. the `MSTeams` binary is from Feb 26, and it's been running all weekend but i don't trust it to finish a meeting lately.

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
I must admit that I've only used Google Meet one time. But from my recollection, it was easy to use and worked quite well – but I only used it for video calling purposes, no screen sharing involved, so I can't say with any conviction that it's good or bad.
I mean I have Google One subscription and I get full 1080p and the other features. They work quite well but for the time being I'm using Meet as Edge WebApp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.