Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
Sorry guys....

Tyler has asked me to remove this post because Apple isn't too happy...

Sorry again :-(

MacBoy

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by macboy
Hey All!
I just got word that Apple is ditching the G3 iBook at MWSF, however, they are keeping the iBook.

Huh?

Originally posted by macboy
The new iBook will have a G4 in it.

Yeah right, after they just updated the whole notebook line over a month ago.
rolleyes.gif

And why did you keep repeating NO GIGABIT ETHERNET on the 'supposed' new iBook revisions?

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
bad english

Hey... sorry about that first paragraph.... didn't make much sense... i've re-worded it.

Also I forgot to take out NO out of NO GIGABIT ETHERNET on the last one.

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
I don't know. I wish, but, personally, Gigabit Enet is what seals this as fake for me. Why put it in a home model? It's useless. It also seems a bit vague, but I suppose one wouldn't want to be too detailed as to make it seem real.

10 hour battery life? How much is that going to boost the price/weight/size?

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
Battery

Tyler did say new 10 hour battery for the books.

I apologize - I forgot to type that in. I was scrambling to write everything down when I was on the phone with him.

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
I am not going to release info about Tyler. I do not want him to lose his job. Where would I get the scoop from then???

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Haha...10 hour battery life with the less efficient G4...that was a good thing about the G3. The G3 was more power efficient.

But hey, if they do get a 10 hour battery, that means 7 hours of real life use. Perhaps 3-5 hours with heavy duty use...that'll be awesome.

I don't see it happening tho' :(

Maybe Tyler is pulling your leg :p

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Atlantic City area
total bs

They just upgraded the ibook line a month ago...they would NEVER kill sales like that nor would they release a major upgrade so soon. Total BS post. Do your research before spreading completely false rumors.

mmoin

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
I call definite BS. With those kind of specs, the insides of the iBook would be virtually indistinguishable from the Tibook. I mean, give me a break.

Anyway, I sure hope there aren't any iBook updates on the 7th, considering we just got the entry-level iBook for my sister.

macboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2001
He's told me right about 90%. But the things he was wrong about came true within the year. Most things at apple get worked on for months even years. Most of the employees know the new products but no one knows when and if the product will be released. They see sooo many prototypes too.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Re: total bs

Originally posted by theranch
They just upgraded the ibook line a month ago...they would NEVER kill sales like that nor would they release a major upgrade so soon. Total BS post. Do your research before spreading completely false rumors.

If he's right you're gonna look like a real ass man. :)

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Originally posted by HasanDaddy
I can see 'Tyler' being correct

Maybe Apple has found a way to produce the G4 at a price that costs less than the G3??

Or maybe they're just ripping people off on the G3 and the G4 currently costs less? It does make up the bulk of Apple's sales, based on processor. They do have a $999 G4 system....

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by HasanDaddy
I can see 'Tyler' being correct

Maybe Apple has found a way to produce the G4 at a price that costs less than the G3??

Even if they did, I don't see the iBook getting a G4 anytime soon for two reasons:

1. The Tibook has one and having a G4 in the cheaper iBook would kinda take wind out of the Powerbook sales, don't you think?

2. They just updated the whole notebook line over a month ago!! Do you really think that Apple is going to put a G4 in it in a week??

That said, all the other stuff sound feasable, just not the iBook specs.

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
Originally posted by edvniow

1. The Tibook has one and having a G4 in the cheaper iBook would kinda take wind out of the Powerbook sales, don't you think?

So? The iMac has a G4, and so does the Power Mac, yet home users buy the iMac, not the Power Mac? The PM has slow sales becuase it's a ripoff, not because people could just buy an iMac and get the G4.

Maybe this means that the PowerBook will get DDR? I see nothing in the first post about thew PowerBook.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by edvniow

Even if they did, I don't see the iBook getting a G4 anytime soon for two reasons:

2. They just updated the whole notebook line over a month ago!! Do you really think that Apple is going to put a G4 in it in a week??

That said, all the other stuff sound feasable, just not the iBook specs.

Not to play devil's advocate e, but... who expected g4 iMacs at MWSF.... i know new iMacs were expected.... but not g4. Maybe there will be a model added at $1799 that is a 14.1 incher with a g4 and a $1599 12.1 incher with g4.

Remember, the iBook counted for like, a HUGE amount of apple sales last year... this would just keep the sales chugging..

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by crazy_will

So? The iMac has a G4, and so does the Power Mac, yet home users buy the iMac, not the Power Mac? The PM has slow sales becuase it's a ripoff, not because people could just buy an iMac and get the G4.

Maybe this means that the PowerBook will get DDR? I see nothing in the first post about thew PowerBook.

The PowerMac also has duals across the line.

I do believe that the iBook will get a G4 by its next major revision, but it just had a speed bump, a video card upgrade and price drop. I seriously doubt that it'll have G4's in a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.