Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I enjoyed season 2. However, with the last episode ending like it did, it makes me wonder if it will be renewed. Anyone else?
It certainly felt like the series finale.

The ending was also a counterpoint to seminal episode, A Dark Quiet Death. That instead of milking the goat (a subtle clue from Dana?), end it on a high note.

It's also possible that the series will create a spin-off series, Hera with fresh new ideas. For All Mankind and Halt and Catch Fire (available for streaming in the US on Netflix) are examples of a series that reboots with a time jump every seasons. So spinning off Hera would be largely a symbolic move but fitting since the series would no longer be about Mythic Quest.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Yeah just watched it. Was concerned before that it wasn’t getting renewed since no announcement had been made and Apple has been really early on announcing renewals. Pretty now sure this was a planned series finale. They could bring it back if viewership calls for it, but if not at least they didnt Leave it with a complete cliffhanger.

I enjoyed season 2. However, with the last episode ending like it did, it makes me wonder if it will be renewed. Anyone else?

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Didn't like season 2 that much, a lot of filler content, stretching the season. No need to stretch this any longer.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Didn't like season 2 that much, a lot of filler content, stretching the season. No need to stretch this any longer.

It seemed a bit more mean spirited than the first season. A bit disconnected at times and not sure if they knew where they were going with the storyline.

That said, the episodes Backstory and Peter were standouts.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
With Season 3 running already I rewatched the first 2 seasons. The pilot shows the young C.W. with his Nebula Award, I was quite surprised, thinking they had that planned so far ahead with the right actor and everything. But then I got curious and checked a backup from a time when the series was new, and yeah, they had a young C.W. holding his Nebula Award in the original "airing", but it was a different actor. So they actually updated the old episodes, or at least the Pilot episode.
I'm not sure if I like that or not. It's sort of a bug fix to make it better which is good, but also the original gets lost which is sad.

What are your opinions on this?

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
Season 3 has been better than 2, but they’ve lost something from the first season. Apparently they are doing a spin-off that will be focused on the tone/style of the backstory episodes, which could be great if they get it right as those have all been some of the best TV I’ve seen in awhile.

Diskutant

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2019
It's my favourite show on apple TV.

If there is only one thing you'd like to try out with your free subscription, I suggest this one.
I agree, I've rewatched it a few times already. Never gets old. It's really great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.