Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
Because all 3 users want this? How many people that own the AVP want to integrate it with Intune? Probably less than want to use OneNote on the AVP, which is likely NO ONE.
You really don’t know what you’re talking about. It is a heavily requested feature for 1) those that actually own an AVP and 2) those who use M365 but their company requires MDM

But doesn’t really bother me in the end if it’s 3 or 300,000. I know I will use it.

Japan Ricardo

macrumors regular
May 11, 2022
I was like that too. But now I have everything in it. The interface isn't great, but if you are in the Office 365 ecosystem for work, the integration is pretty good, the syncing across devices is great and it has become a pretty decent go to app for collecting notes and stuff.

I'm a big fan of Craft on the Mac and iOS devices. Unfortunately I can't have it for work. If I could, OneNote would clearly fall away from my usage.
Craft seems to be at least $8 a month to be useful. I'm genuinely curious: what does it offer you that the native Notes and other apps don't?

Reactions: Victor Mortimer

onegregwiley

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2013
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference of all these 2D floating window apps compared to the iPad version already supported by AVP? Having the new UI translucent effect?
Typically, targets are easier to gaze at, and there are different affordances within a native AVP app. One specific example I can think of right now is the Amazon Prime video app. It's an iPad app, and the "Next Episode" button is in the very bottom-right-hand corner. Because of its size and location, it is very difficult to "tap" in an AVP because I'm typically triggering the window resize bar or accidentally tapping the progress bar.

Reactions: Mescagnus

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2016
Of all the apps in the M365 ecosystem, OneNote is the one that feels most stuck and outdated. Other than bringing it to other platforms, what development has it had?
Agreed. I use Notion and Heptabase on various things. As standalone apps there is so much more and better out there.

But Microsoft will always have the integration advantage. If I look at my company, we can use nothing other than OneNote for company information, so will always be locked in. Microsoft don’t have to innovate when you’re forced into using something.

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
Do you think Apple paid MS for this? Doesn't seem to be a profitable venture for MS, although they like the 'Onenote' everywhere roadmap.

I mean, if anybody would have to pay, it would be MicroSloth. OneNote gets deleted any time I see it. Worthless shovelware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.