Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

litosclone

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
City of the Crosses
I've been playing online matches on and off for a while now, I've added some rivals and now would like to add some friends. I think it would be cool to play against other people from MR. Anyway my Friend Code is in my signature. Please post so I can add you.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
litosclone said:
I've been playing online matches on and off for a while now, I've added some rivals and now would like to add some friends. I think it would be cool to play against other people from MR. Anyway my Friend Code is in my signature. Please post so I can add you.

My DS will eventually (supposed to be yesterday, but maybe today... damn FedEx and their complete lack of competence from the drivers up to the CEO) get here, and I'll post mine. I am going to see about starting a MR DS tournament for both Metroid and MK, if the large group of people in the MK thread are still playing.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I at least have plans for a MR Metroid group. :)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not long till my Metroid arrives :)

I swear. I'd play this if the DS didn't have a backlight. I've become addicted to HL2 and Quake 3 deathmatches over the past few weeks. If I can take my addiction out and about then woo!

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Heh, looks like you're the only one with Metroid on MR! FedEx claims to have left my DS at my apartment's office today, but I will find out if they are full of crap (again) in an hour or so. I've got Metroid already (I expected the DS to get here Friday, but, well, see my last post) so I will hopefully post back here later this evening.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
i too will probably be playing hunters once the DS lite comes out....:cool: my name will be my sig

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Ok, My DS came, code is 1589 8181 1958. Sadly the place I bought it from sent Mario 64 and not Mario Kart like they were supposed to, so this is my only WiFi game.

I just got done playing through the first level and my hands are killing me! My left hand has a cramp in it and my right elbow is sore from the awkward angle I have to put it in to work the touch screen. A large stylus would probably help, so I'll look in to that... but, man, this will definately keep me from playing to much. Back to Nintendogs, I guess!

Oblivious

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
MA
mrgreen4242 said:
Ok, My DS came, code is 0869 0003 8516 9000. Sadly the place I bought it from sent Mario 64 and not Mario Kart like they were supposed to, so this is my only WiFi game.

I just got done playing through the first level and my hands are killing me! My left hand has a cramp in it and my right elbow is sore from the awkward angle I have to put it in to work the touch screen. A large stylus would probably help, so I'll look in to that... but, man, this will definately keep me from playing to much. Back to Nintendogs, I guess!
Uh, I think your code is 4 digits too long, check it again.;)

kingcrowing

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2004
Burlington, VT
sorry to be off topic, but I've got an 802.11B router in my room, and I've got a DS, I'm gonna be getting a DS wifi game next (MK, MPH, or animal crossing) do I need to get anything, or will it work iwth my current wireless network, thanks!

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Oblivious said:
Uh, I think your code is 4 digits too long, check it again.;)

Hm you are correct.. that's my WiFi ID... uh, where do I find my Friend Code? :confused:

EDIT: n/m it's 1589 8181 1958 :)

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
kingcrowing said:
sorry to be off topic, but I've got an 802.11B router in my room, and I've got a DS, I'm gonna be getting a DS wifi game next (MK, MPH, or animal crossing) do I need to get anything, or will it work iwth my current wireless network, thanks!

Go to http://www.nintendowifi.com and check your router against the list of approved routers. If it's not on there you can set up your Airport card to share the connection with your DS, if it's getting an internet connection via the ethernet port.

Rob

turbodub

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
My Lite is going to be here in 3 hours, and I can't wait. I already have Metroid waiting, and I'll post up my friend code and add you guys tonight. The only thing that I can kill in Halo is myself with the rocket launcher, so I'm going to need some practice at Metroid (and all FPS in general), but it ought to be fun.

Cheers

litosclone

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
City of the Crosses
turbodub said:
The only thing that I can kill in Halo is myself with the rocket launcher, so I'm going to need some practice at Metroid (and all FPS in general)

I'm the same way -- I'm really bad at FPS, but it's still a blast to play online.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I'm actually usually pretty good at FPS games, when the maps are simple/open. I tend to get lost in the more maze like maps. But I find that MP:H is a different skillset than other FPS games, with the firing finger on the "other" hand among the differences. It will take awhile to get any good at it all.

I lost my first "random" matchup 7 to -3 last night. :p Still fun, though!

Oblivious

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
MA
Okay, I finally got everybody here added to my friends list.:) I look forward to battling some MR members!:cool:

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
So is anyone else suffering form massive hand cramps playing Metroid? My left hand ACHES after 15 or 20 minutes from having to squish up to get the D Pad and the L button at the same time and hold most of the weight of the system...

Any tips for how to hold the DS to play this better? I'm starting to feel like the DS is the new Virtual Boy (from an ergonomic standpoint). Maybe games should be D-Pad/Buttons OR touchpad only, not a combination of both?

Oh, and we need a scheduled time to all be on. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.