Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbodub

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Uggghhh...my lite finally came today; it looks awesome, but it has 2 very noticeable stuck pixels! I'm going to send it back for a replacement, but that just means more time with a DS to play.

Anyone have any tips to un-stick pixels. I've tried gently rubbing the screen with no luck. I'd love to just fix this thing instead of exchanging it.

Cheers

Roger

cartoonfox

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2005
London
that sucks, my DS had 1 dead pixel but it was in the top right corner and you don't notice it.

i don't think you can fix dead pixels : [ they're dead!

sorry dude. hope you can replace it

peace

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I have tons of DS games, some of which are not finished and most the ones that are I can still replay (and no time to play them), so I really *shouldn't* buy this game . . . but this and new new Mario (and now Zelda) I have been wanting forever.

What do people think? Is this game good? Is it worth getting as the one fps for my DS? (trying to get one good game from each category and that's it, at least until I get super bored)

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Ja Di ksw said:
I have tons of DS games, some of which are not finished and most the ones that are I can still replay (and no time to play them), so I really *shouldn't* buy this game . . . but this and new new Mario (and now Zelda) I have been wanting forever.

What do people think? Is this game good? Is it worth getting as the one fps for my DS? (trying to get one good game from each category and that's it, at least until I get super bored)

Yes. I like FPS's, but they aren't my games of choice by any means (I'm an adventure gamer :D). Anyways, so far the single player mode is fun... It's not so hard I get frustrated, but hard enough that I can't walk through levels on the first go. The early part of the game has been a nice mix of one-on-one battling, swarms of smaller enemies, and exploration/puzzle/platforming.

The mutliplayer seems pretty fun, but I'm having trouble getting matches going on WiFi (not any friends online, and then it just looks and looks and looks for rivals for random matchups). I think it will be more fun as more people get the game (especially here on MR) and matches are easier to find. I played against bots last night, and that was cool, but I other than learning the multiplayer maps, there's not much point in that (as in you might as well be playing the single player mode).

Once we get up to 8 or so people with posted friend codes I will try and compile them all and start up a little league/tournament group with a schedule, so that might help.

My only MP:H complaint is that it seems that there is no way to save the game in the middle of a level, which is decidedly inconvenient for a portable game. It only saves when it wants to, in other words. You could trade in a couple completed or not-going-to-complete games at a used game shop and snag this one for 'free'. :)

litosclone

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
City of the Crosses
mrgreen4242 said:
So is anyone else suffering form massive hand cramps playing Metroid? My left hand ACHES after 15 or 20 minutes from having to squish up to get the D Pad and the L button at the same time and hold most of the weight of the system...

Any tips for how to hold the DS to play this better? I'm starting to feel like the DS is the new Virtual Boy (from an ergonomic standpoint). Maybe games should be D-Pad/Buttons OR touchpad only, not a combination of both?

Oh, and we need a scheduled time to all be on. :p

A lot of people seem to be having the same problem. Personally I haven't: I use the thumb stylus on my left thumb and my fingers hold the bottom of the DS. I use my right hand for moving and shooting.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
litosclone said:
A lot of people seem to be having the same problem. Personally I haven't: I use the thumb stylus on my left thumb and my fingers hold the bottom of the DS. I use my right hand for moving and shooting.

That sounds like it might be comfortable, but them I feel like you'd be loosing some of the accuracy the stylus provides. I've gotten better at holding more of the DS with my left hand and using the bottom part of my index finger for the "trigger". I've also been playing while 'kicked back' on the couch so that I can use more of my lap to rest the system on. I think that getting a larger, fatter stylus (which they make plenty of for PDAs) will add the last piece to make it actually comfortable.

turbodub

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
Ja Di ksw said:

I sent you a PM Ja Di ksw...I'd like to sell my copy of Metroid Prime Hunters...FPS just aren't for me. If anyone else in interested PM me!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Mine arrived about an hour or 2 ago. bloody loving it! the single player is pretty brilliant, it's no Prime but it's damn right amazing on a handheld!

*Thinks* So this is the closest we'd get to an N64 Metroid too?

Anyways. soon as my skill improves a bit. Soon as I play through single player some more I'll post my friend code. Doesn't help that I've got an essay to write and hand in today! Love the game though. Never been this into a game since... Windwaker.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

I've added everyone who posted their friends code. barring Lucasban. code didn't work!

cartoonfox

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2005
London
just found it comes out Europe/UK May 5th

ima wait untill then, i have little money for food as it is, student life sucks! : ]
i'll import a DS Lite then too maybe...

peace

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
cartoonfox said:
just found it comes out Europe/UK May 5th

ima wait untill then, i have little money for food as it is, student life sucks! : ]
i'll import a DS Lite then too maybe...

peace

You can't complain! You londoners get more student loan than the rest of us!... suppose thats because things in London cost more though... aye?

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ok I added everybody here.... will be playing because I cannot sleep.

3:06AM EST & all the excitement of Boot Camp has kept me up.

My score is really bad .... only have 2 kills that just dont count. I need more practice so take it easy on me!

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
turbodub said:
Uggghhh...my lite finally came today; it looks awesome, but it has 2 very noticeable stuck pixels! I'm going to send it back for a replacement, but that just means more time with a DS to play.

Anyone have any tips to un-stick pixels. I've tried gently rubbing the screen with no luck. I'd love to just fix this thing instead of exchanging it.

Cheers

Roger

Luckily, Nintendo replaces it free of charge for a single stuck pixel.

I wasn't able to un-stick the ones I had, so I walked in to GameStop and got a replacement on the spot.
that sucks, my DS had 1 dead pixel but it was in the top right corner and you don't notice it.

i don't think you can fix dead pixels : [ they're dead!

If your 1-year warranty hasn't expired, call Nintendo and you can get a replacement IIRC.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
with everyone getting their lite's finnaly (self included), I figured I would revive this thread since I'd like some people to play a game with.

here's mine: 5412-3850-1091

SodaPopMonster

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Houston, TX
My Code:
4381 5751 9054

Come and beat me up for bumping an old thread. I have added everyone who has posted here.

Come and fight me 'cause hey, free points.

Laser Viking

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2006
kool-aid jammers

my code is 2277 0888 3165
and my ds name is L.Viking (meaning Laser Viking, hints to the penguin with laser guns and a helmet)
i would like to express my feelings towards not being able to msg a rival, but that would be inaproprite
so i'll tone down my insults,
not being able to msg rivals is awful like the movie kangaroo jack
i just needed to put that into the open
please add me to your friends because i'm tried of playing 7 kills

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.