Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I see the letters Q and M together and I just think of James Bond films... so just maybe...

iSpy: A timepiece with all kinds of lethal weapons inside. Runs Windows XP, no SPs, No firewall.

iCar: Running Tiger, high performance multi-environment vehicle. Almost impossible to crash, hit a button on the dashboard and lots of cool gadgets and gizmos appear. Includes Longhorn-seeking torpedoes for sneak attacks on big targets.

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
The Q87 looks like its going to be either an iMac G5 update or an eMac update.

While the M18 is probably going to be the two-button/scroll wheel bluetooth mouse, shipping in conjunction with Tiger.

grabberslasher

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2002
Éire
Current Powermacs are Q77/78
I would guess that Q87 is an updated PowerMac, probably around the 2.8 mark.

Current iMacs are Q40-something, can't remember which.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
We are certainly due for a Power Mac update. Hopefully they won't wait till WWDC for all the updates. Come on Apple we have two months left.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
This must be the longest time between PM updates. With 12,000 Apple employees, I'd expect faster turnaround times.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
aswitcher said:
Ooowww. One of the most exciting rumors I have heard for a while. I wonder what it could be that needs Tiger...maybe something with a higher than 100dpi screen...

Makes sense... Steve did say 2005 was the year of the HD after all. And the only things with LCD displays that need to be updated are the iMacs, PowerBooks and iBooks. I don't think we'll be seeing HD iBooks any time soon, so it's either PowerBooks and/or iMacs.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
rendezvouscp said:
Sounds to me like the "unreleased, Tiger dependent" product would be a rotatable monitor display mounts for Apple's Cinema line.
-Chase

Eh, make the new rev. of iMacs rotatable too, so I can play vertical MAME games the way they're supposed to be played (SlapFight, Dig Dug, Pac Man, etc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.