Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Hey Sayhey, thanks.

Sayhey said:
NYC has nothing to complain about. It looks like by the end of the year both NYC and LA will be the only cities in the world with three Apple stores within their city limits (NYC - Soho, GM Building 5th Ave, and Flatiron; LA - The Grove, Century City, and Beverly Center.) New York City will also be the only city with two high-profile stores in it. The New York consolidated metro area will have 14 stores open by the end of the year, 13 if the 5th Ave. store is delayed into 2006. Which, in either case, is more than any metro area in the world. They are the following:

1. Soho, NYC
  2. Fifth Ave., NYC
  3. Flatiron, NYC
  4. West Nyack, NY
  5. White Plains, NY
  6. Garden City, NY
  7. Huntington Station, NY
  8. Bridgewater, NJ
  9. Edison, NJ
  10. Rockaway, NJ
  11. Short Hills, NJ
  12. Woodcliff Lake, NJ
  13. Paramus, NJ
  14. Danbury, CT

At the end of the year, New York State will have 11 stores (the ones posted by wdlove and the 5th Ave store, the Flatiron store, and the new Eastview Mall store in the Rochester area.) This will be second to the 27 in California by the same time. While California has more than twice the New York total, New York can claim to have an Apple store in every metro area with more than 300,000 people. California will still have seven such locations without stores.

Folks from lots of other places have room to complain about the number of LA and California stores; those from New York City aren't among them.

All the information listed above can be seen on Apple's website, starting with their lists of store locations and job openings.

I was not aware of all those stores. I had no idea. Where'd you guys find all this info??

Sayhey

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2003
San Francisco
Kethoticus said:
I was not aware of all those stores. I had no idea. Where'd you guys find all this info??

Look at the "store locations" link in the post above for existing stores, and look at the "job openings" for information about Apple's plans for new stores. The only exception is the 5th Ave. store which, though widely reported in both the New York Times and the New York Post, has not been acknowledged in any way by Apple. Of course, Apple doesn't admit to stores it has been hiring people for for months previously.

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
Some_Big_Spoon said:
I've always said that pple needs a bare minimum of 47 apples stores in LA.. they need one on every block right next to starbucks.

Well at least now you may be able to get served at the Genius Bar with less of a wait; the Grove's waits are often ridiculously long; they need another store in that part of town for that reason alone. The Century City Mall store can't open soon enough, either...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.