Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I just saw a new Get a Mac ad while watching Two and a Half Men on CBS.

In the ad, PC has a security guard dressed in a black suit with a headset. Everytime either Mac or PC says something, the guard will say "PC, Mac has a question (etc.), allow or deny?". This goes on until the whole commercial until the PC states "I can turn it off but that would defeat the purpose..." and the guard goes "You have come to a sad realization, accept or deny?"

:apple:

Paix247

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis
New Get a Mac Ad!

Just watching CBS and saw a new Get a Mac ad!
Hands down the funniest yet IMO.

FBI agent looking dude standing behind Mac

FBI looking dude says "cancel or allow" after every comment form Mac or PC.
PC says that its the new security for Vista...
"Your coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?"
PC: "Allow..."

hope its online soon!

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
They showed it during one of the commercial breaks for the Daily Show tonight. I'd say it's an accurate description of Vista :D

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I HATE MY WORK COMPUTER.

errrrr. I want to watch the video, but I can't because I have a stupid Windows NT box at work with a 286 or something, and no media player will install. errrr. I still have 7 hours before I can get home and watch it.

I really wish I would have brough my pb today......:(

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
LOL, that was pretty funny.

On a side note: I was at CompUSA today looking around (mostly at the beautiful apple cinema displays) when I found myself lost in the PC section. I glanced around, frightened of course, and realized that most of the computers were running Vista. Curiosity got the better of me so I started playing around with Vista. After after about five minutes of poking around Vista and seeing what all the fuss was about, I threw up in my mouth a little bit. I then promptly returned to the :apple: section and played with OS X to make myself not feel so dirty (and I popped some orbit gum in my mouth of course)

that was a long side note. eh. :D

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Just found this one running on the CNN page, and tracked it down to Apple's page. Fantastic!

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
They've been on Apple's front page for a number of days now, but I payed no attention cause I'd already seen "Tech Support" and "Surgery" on TV weeks ago. "Security" is new though — hilarious if you've experienced UAC. I love it.

"You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?" :D

CaptainHaddock

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2004
Nagoya, Japan
Is it just me, or is Bill Gates really inarticulate and clumsy in his speech? His sentences are the linguistic equivalents of zombies: mutilated, semi-coherent fragments stuck together with pieces missing that the editor had to insert with brackets afterwards. One wonders if his thoughts — and approach to software — are similarly cluttered.

As for the actual content of his comments, there was very little to be found that was truthful or humble, or worth listening to in general.

No, Mr. Gates. Not all Windows users are dullards and klutzes, but there are a few notable ones around.

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
this is by far my favorite ad yet...mostly because the constant nagging is my biggest beef with my windows machine at work.

"...allow." :rolleyes:

makes me love my macs even more.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I have to say this is the first genuinely funny ad in the series. Although it isn't unique to Vista - it's the pitfall of running a firewall. I have the same experience with NetBarrier, but I put up with it because I want to know when an app is trying to phone home.

...oh, and the firewall guy kicks ass.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
"You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?" :D

Of all the cruel jokes about Windows and Microsoft's design mentality, I think this is really the truest one. It's not just about security. Their entire design philosophy for user interfaces has morphed into this annoying stream of pop-up windows. Even for little things... like if you press caps lock while typing in a password box on OS X, you get a little caps lock symbol in the box to warn you. In Windows, you get a pop-up that you have to click to make go away. And you get pop-ups to nag you about how full your HD is, how many icons you have on your desktop, it's traditionally been much more difficult to make MSIE stop giving you annoying "you are leaving a secure connection" messages....

Cute. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.