Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ogminlo

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2003
I didn't mean a PC notebook. I ment a PC desktop. Cause if you compare the prices of the Mac Pro and a PC the Mac Pro is deff more expensive! So like I said, getting a Macbook PRO and getting a PC desktop, the desktop would be cheaper. Go to Tiger Direct, and build that stuff for yourself, I am too lazy to do it right now lol. All I know, is I need a computer that can run Pro Tools, but better then its running right now on my PC. Meaning 3.0 GHz Processor or a duo core. 3 GB of ram and a hard drive that runs at 7200 RPM. The Mac Book PRO does that but, I can build a PC with all the things I need for cheaper. But you are right that I don't get to run OS X. Anyway, like I said in my last post, I enjoy both systems. And for running Protools I want to do it on a Mac hence why I am getting the Macbook PRO. But I will still use my PC for gaming cause it's just that good.

Wow. You are comparing a loaded MacBook Pro with a warranty, all the oft-mentioned neato features no one else has on their notebooks, and the best OS out there to a home-brew tower made from scratch. That argument is raw sewage. If all you need to do is run ProTools LE, you can do that on a Mac mini for $700. If you are running ProTools HD then you do yourself a disservice trying to host a $15K audio solution on a bargain basement home-brew.

Anyway, your argument is total crap. You can buy separate hardware for your Windoze masochism, but why? Macs run Windoze, BootCamp works for gaming, and when compared to other MANUFACTURERS, Macs are equal to or less expensive content-for-content. Computer hardware is commodity now that there is no more RISC vs CISC, so sell your nonsense economic straw man elsewhere. The value is in the software, and Apple does it best.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Bill Gates said:
So it’s totally according to plan, and that’s why we have the whole Windows Update thing. We made it way harder for guys to do exploits. The number [of violations] will be way less because we’ve done some dramatic things [to improve security] in the code base. Apple hasn’t done any of those things.

The "whole Software Update thing" is shockingly similar if you ask me. :D

gwilli

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2006
London Town
ENOUGH SAID!

U'll find most Mac hatters only hate them because they can't afford a mac or are scared.... It's like a Robin Reliant driver taking the piss out of a Merc Driver. If you take pride in building a PC (like a 4 year old with lego) then good for you. I'll enjoy using my mac that works out of the box... I.e. I can buy it, get on a train, then start using it. If the market share for mac users is so insignificant why is there such an uproar from PC users, mac users have spent years from PC users saying OSX is ****, and you can't play games on a mac blah blah blah! I think it's about time they got their own back! And to be honest, their doing it so well PC users are getting pissed off! We have a right to be smug!

benjackson

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
i don't know whether anyone else has noticed this, but bill gates has kinda not gotten the point of the get a mac ads. He said pc users don't see themselves as dullards. But the ads are not portraying the USER, only the computer and OS itself. The guy is a PC personified.

Therefore, a PC user could be the most intelligent, sophisticated person in the world (and of course there are millions of intelligent PC users), but they still will be using a dullard of a computer ;)

Similarly, mac users can be either intelligent or they could also be dullards...but the mac itself is cool, personified by the cool guy.

If people got this point they would realise the ad is not insulting to any particular type of person at all. Only to the inadequacies of this stupid thing called a "PC".

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.