Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mterlouw

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2006
Wtf?

I think at one point in this commercial, the Mac guy says "What the f**k?" under his breath. :p

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
The first Get a Mac ad that did not annoy me terribly! :D

I like the new character.

PineAPPLE

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2006
Buying outside of the US?!

Only 10%?? :eek:
In Ontario, Canada, it's 14%...

It has already been established that the most expensive place to buy an ipod is Brazil... ~$320 for a nano 2gb nano, 2nd gen.

But, Taxes and Nationalization Fees make it impossible to buy anything in other countries. Sales Tax = 16.5 % where I used to live.

Price of a standard Macbook Pro C2D 15.4"
2.33 Ghz
2GB RAM
120 HDD

US Store price: $ 2,499 + tax = ~ $2,700

VZLA Apple Store (official store/reseller): $ 4,180 + tax + fees = ~ $ 5,230 :eek:

Poor third world countries... they still use Win 98.

I live in the US now and I love my MacBook Pro :apple: (bought it here!)

morespce54

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2004
Around the World
I think Apple should advertise it's OS instead of attacking windows. I really love these adds, but the averge PC user don't even understand them. Worst, Apple had a long lead before Vista came up to show people what OSX is all about. But now, I think, pc user will tend to upgrade instead of looking for alternatives.

that's also what I was thinking... ;)
Even if I like those ads, usually you bash on your competitors when you got nothing good the say about yourself, which is clearly not the case here...

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
loved the new comercail deffintly the best out of the last ones since christmas i would deffintly buy a shirt if they had that line on there:cool:

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Why have several machines, when you can run multiple OSes on a well built, upgradable box from Apple?

That's one thing that impresses me a whole lot about Apple and OSX...the fact that you can run OSX on beige G3s which are...how old now? 6 years? (older?) And that OSX running on a beige G3 will not be without the same features of OSX running on a Mac Pro.

Try running Vista (with Aero, I'm not talking about the blah Vista Basic that does not feature Aero) on anything 6+ years old and see how far you get.

...not too far.

That's something Vista will never have.
The same OS (in every facet) on hardware 6 years apart.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
i think i got a pretty good mac commercail for advertising mac os atleast for installing it for when lepoard comes out

hello im a mac and im a pc

PC what are you doing?

mac im installing 10.5 today just asking answering a few questions what about you?

pc: oh im reinstalling vista had some techinal isssues be4 searching around

Mac what are you looking for

pc im looking around for my xp license cause i upgraded from xp and need those first then your Vista license

mac oh look im Running 10.5 now

pc what do u mean the key is invaild

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
i think i got a pretty good mac commercail for advertising mac os atleast for installing it for when lepoard comes out

hello im a mac and im a pc

PC what are you doing?

mac im installing 10.5 today just asking answering a few questions what about you?

pc: oh im reinstalling vista had some techinal isssues be4 searching around

Mac what are you looking for

pc im looking around for my xp license cause i upgraded from xp and need those first then your Vista license

mac oh look im Running 10.5 now

pc what do u mean the key is invaild

You forgot to mention:

"Your copy of Windows could not be activated. Please call this number and be prepared to be questioned like a criminal by someone who speaks a barely understandable interpretation of the English language. Thank you for installing Microsoft Windows Vista."

flir67

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2005
by far the best, and most accurate...

good job apple now do some activitation ads

Axegrinder

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2006
Preston
this guy clearly hates mac ads (oh and macs themselves, as well as mac users!)

I agree that the new ad is the funniest yet. Had me in stitches! :D

EDIT:
Oops! Sorry. Should 'a checked to see if it had already been posted!

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
This ad is probably the best so far.

Oh easily.

I'd say it's the most hard-hitting and certainly the most applicable.

Remember that these ads aren't geared towards savvy users like us, they're made for people who would have a hard time understanding the 'subtle' differences between the OS's

I never thought these ads were very good--usually half-truth-filled or playing off common misconceptions. This one is the first to really shed light on the 'user experience' aspect in the form of real issues.

tobor68

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2007
not so funny...

it's only funny till someone looses an....well, uh whatever M$ doesn't like!

read this first:

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/1640/159/

then tell all your friends who insist on upgrading to vista (if there are any).

now it makes sense why vista is 3x more expensive and you need faster hardware: the money is M$ passing the cost of licensing "premium" content to the end user and the faster hardware is so you (hopefully) won't notice the DRM checkin' yer stuff 30 TIMES A SECOND!!

Microsoft, you spineless goobers. you truly suck.

Retired
May 16, 2006
The problem is that a lot of anti-Vista attitudes have been because people say that features have been stolen from OSX. The fact is that if I am an average PC user and I like gadgets and search, I'm not going to care if they were in OSX first...at least now apple are targeting Vista's problems which even the low-end user will be irritated by...

BillyShears

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2003
What gives?

I think at one point in this commercial, the Mac guy says "What the f**k?" under his breath. :p

I can't hear that. Around what point does that happen? At one point he quite audibly says, "What... gives?" Is that what you mean?

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I can't hear that. Around what point does that happen? At one point he quite audibly says, "What... gives?" Is that what you mean?

It's right after Security Guy™ says: "Mac is asking a question - cancel or allow?"
Right at 11 sec, you can see Justin raise his palms upward and mutter:

"What the F––"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.