Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
I’m perfectly happy with my 60GB iPod Photo. I have about 8GB of free space left that SHOULD last me until late 2006 early 2007. By then I fully expect the iPod to be around 100GB with the photo being bumped down to the second tier as the iPod video takes the spotlight.

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
and I speculate apple will release a new version of OS X sometime over the next 2 years.

This is not based on any insider knowledge, just speculation. ;)

hughdogg

macrumors member
Dad's and Grads

Actually June is a pretty big shopping time for gadgets with father's day and graduation season. My sense is they would need to release it in the middle of May to get them into the channels in time for the June shopping. Palm usually releases their new handhelds in this time frame for that specific reason. (Of course, we all know how well Palm have been doing).

But I agree with everyone above, just speculation.
hughdogg

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2005
Oh man I hope so, I've been waiting for the 5th generation for a while know to purchase my first iPod (just look at my signature). Thats right, MY FIRST, not everyone has one!

ccrandall77

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Franklin, WI
Color mini's please!

I'm only really interested in a new mini that isn't a crappy pastel color, has 8-10GB+ of storage, a color screen, and bluetooth.

I'd also like to see some 3rd party products like a wifi-enabled doc, more bluetooth headphone selections, and stuff like that.

I'd also hope there's going to be a a set-top box that'll let you store movies onto your iPod for easy transport to a friend's house.

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Despite how many people are getting sick of iPod news, I sincerely hope that there is a fifth generation iPod that's ready to debut in the next few months. I'm a little doubtful though, seeing that the last iPod announcement is still on Apple's front page. Here's hoping!
-Chase

swissmann

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2003
The Utah Alps
Trowaman said:
and I speculate apple will release a new version of OS X sometime over the next 2 years.

Right on. Any one of us could make a speculative guess. So why is this even on MacRumors?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Trowaman said:

Yea, and Steve Jobs will wear a black sweater and jeans at the next keynotes :rolleyes: ;)

I hope they do get new ipod cause my 3g is going to die soon... :(
my friend has a 40 gig photo dam that is one big mamma! i hope they scale the size down alot

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
im hoping soon too my gold mini is growing old and needs a bigger ipod to help it

apple have not made any really bi changes to the ipod line other then the shuffle fora long time. The updates have been for memory and more battery life. Apples need a really new idea for ipods like a new design for them for all color screens

Demon

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2004
on earth
how nice.

let's hope they release something substantial this time! i think an update to the iPod form factor would be nice, then again that would screw a lot of 3rd party peripherals. but ever since my iPod burned down due to the iPod update a few weeks back... life has never been the same. improve apple product quality! please!

my iPod burned out when i tried to update the firmware provided by Apple... through my powerbook. didn't do anything fishy, just unlucky. damn it. :mad:

MmmPancakes

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2005
Austin, TX
I would MUCH rather drop a $15 battery in my 3g 15 gig ipod rather than have to buy yet another iPod..isn't there a such thing as buyer burnout?

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
puckhead193 said:
Yea, and Steve Jobs will wear a black sweater and jeans at the next keynotes :rolleyes: ;)

I hope they do get new ipod cause my 3g is going to die soon... :(
my friend has a 40 gig photo dam that is one big mamma! i hope they scale the size down alot

why is your 3g going to "die soon"? I have a 1g and 3g, and they both still work fine (got the 3g to record lectures).

d.perel

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2005
dornoforpyros said:
eh I bet they just drop the 'regular' iPods without the colour displays. The 4th generation iPod will hit the 1 year mark this summer.
I hope you're right. If they come out with a full line including minis (probably not yet) with color screens, then I would upgrade from a lowly shuffle. Maybe even bluetooth messaging would be in the works?

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
All I care about is if iTunes 5 comes along with these new iPods. With ThinkSecret saying 4.8 (not 5) is due to be released soon, I am DYING for some more excitement in iTunes. My 3G and shuffle will do me great until this multimedia iPod Apple's been ordering chips for arrives.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
ccrandall77 said:
I'm only really interested in a new mini that isn't a crappy pastel color, has 8-10GB+ of storage, a color screen, and bluetooth.

I'd also like to see some 3rd party products like a wifi-enabled doc, more bluetooth headphone selections, and stuff like that.

I'd also hope there's going to be a a set-top box that'll let you store movies onto your iPod for easy transport to a friend's house.

I'd be happy just with the 8-10gb mini...nm bluetooth etc.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2005
Even though bluetooth wont serve SOO many purposes I still think it would be a cool add on to the iPod. Right now it could be used for some small Syncs (maybe like an album or two at a time) and then the calender plus other small feautures. Perhaps even bluetooth headphones.

But also think about later if/when bluetooth becomes bigger and it could be used for who knows what!

ccrandall77

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Franklin, WI
Faceplates

I've written this before, but I still feel that an iPod that could have swappable faceplates would be big. Look at how well they sell for cell phones and look at how well the silicon jackets for iPods sell. This would be a slam dunk and a great way to get away from the crappy pastels and boring white.

I just hope brushed aluminum faceplates are available to complement a Clie-like brushed metal backend.

Oh, and I want bigger drives, color screens (for the mini), bluetooth, wifi docks, PVR capability + a set-top box, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.