Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musiclover137

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2005
CubaTBird said:
here's what i think is gonna happen

sometime around july/august.. apple will release new ipods around these models

1gb ipod shuffle--->99.00

6gb mini (with color screen)---> 249.99

30 gb ipod standard but with color screen ---> 299.99

60gb/80 gb ipod photo ----> 399 for 60 gb, 499 for 80 gb

im call it first!

once the iPod standard and mini go to a color screen, they will become an iPod photo. the screen is the only thing holding them back. you can already store files on it... prices sound good though

ccrandall77

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Franklin, WI
musiclover137 said:
once the iPod standard and mini go to a color screen, they will become an iPod photo. the screen is the only thing holding them back. you can already store files on it... prices sound good though

I see a price drop in the iPod Photo with the A/V cables becoming an accessory. When they put color screens in the mini, it'll probably work with the A/V dock and cables.

The problem is, feature-set-wise, adding color screens across the board only keeps them on a par with the rest of the MP3 HDD players on the market... in fact, they come up short since a lot of them have FM radios built-in.

A killer feature for the iPod would be an open-source SDK to allow people to develop cool apps for the iPod such as games, XHTML viewers (to use with AvantGo), video players, etc.

d_suprstar

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2005
GAMES, GAMES, GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want an ipod with more games
i would buy a third ipod if that happens :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.