Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

very good news if true. Can you confirm if the White 16g's will be avaible for us to buy, and will you have to pay for the phone when orderiing or does it come off your next bill????

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
That is great news...i hope its true!

but the question is....can we order PAYG online for delivery on Friday 11th July?

:apple:

Leemo

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2006
Nottingham, UK

but the question is....can we order PAYG online for delivery on Friday 11th July?

I honestly don't know about PAYG - I've only nagged for info about upgrading customers, since I am one!

And yes, white 16GBs will be available at launch - I don't know where all this crap has come from about them not being available - where would the sense be in that?

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Cool, thanks for the info.

It is looking more and more unlikely that PAYG is going to be available on the 11th? That sucks!

People who want a contract will get a contract...think its either your thing or it isnt...are they just going to leave the PAYG market to buy them on eBay or from the US?

02 just release your this phone on PAYG it makes sense!!

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Leemo said:

I honestly don't know about PAYG - I've only nagged for info about upgrading customers, since I am one!

And yes, white 16GBs will be available at launch - I don't know where all this crap has come from about them not being available - where would the sense be in that?

great info. Cheers. Monday please hurry.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
....yes, white 16GBs will be available at launch - I don't know where all this crap has come from about them not being available - where would the sense be in that?
There's actually a rumour doing the rounds that the 16GB model won't be available at launch in either colour! I don't believe it for a moment.

These things get made up by mischief-makers, and sometimes people just misunderstand what they are told and pass it on as if it is gospel.

I sometimes wonder (but not too seriously) whether Apple has a hand in it, because it doesn't half increase the hype and frenzy!

Leemo

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2006
Nottingham, UK

great info. Cheers. Monday please hurry.

No problem!

I was getting sick about all the misinformation - so thought I'd better chime up rather than keeping silent.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
So by upgrade do you mean current iPhone contracts only?

I am currently using an O2 simplicity sim.. do i have to give 30 days notice or can i "upgrade" straight onto an iPhone tariff and keep my existing number?

So confusing man!!

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
I am currently using an O2 simplicity sim.. do i have to give 30 days notice or can i "upgrade" straight onto an iPhone tariff and keep my existing number?

So confusing man!!
You can simply upgrade instore to an iPhone contract on the 11th of July.

There will be no penalty, nor will you have to give 30 days notice, and you can keep your number without having to get a PAC code.

I think that you will also be able to upgrade online, but I don't think that you will be able to initiate that before the 11th like existing iPhone customers.

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
This latest info is pretty much identical to what I was told earlier this week with the exception of the text/email date.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Sweet.. that's what I like to hear :D (you didnt just make all that up did you to put a smile on my face? :rolleyes:)

Thanks

There will be no penalty, nor will you have to give 30 days notice, and you can keep your number without having to get a PAC code.

I think that you will also be able to upgrade online, but I don't think that you will be able to initiate that before the 11th like existing iPhone customers.

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Plans currently are - on the 7th all those who pre-registered interest on the o2 site will be emailed/texted info to log into their account section on the o2 site.

From there you'll be able to order the new iPhone for delivery on the 11th. They're planning to send them out the day before using courier.

You'll also be able to call up the upgrades centre (just 202 from your iPhone) and do it that way, although clearly it's easier and faster to do it online.

And now I'll probably get murdered for putting this on here ;)

Thanks for that info, Hopefully upgraders will be able to get an iPhone 3G on the 11th some way or another
I called up some local O2 stores this morning and got mixed info:

bullring L1
opening early?-don't know call back Monday
selling 16gb?-don't know about stock
selling white?-don't know about stock
current ihpone customer upgrades?-no u have to do it online and phone gets sent out to you

bullring L2
opening early?-not sure probably 9am,not sure
selling 16gb-yes
selling white-yes
current iPhone customer upgrades?-yes

West bromwich
opening early?-don't know call back Monday
selling 16gb-yes
selling white-don't know
current iPhone customer upgrades?-no it has to be done online

new street Birmingham
opening early?-7.02 or 8.02
selling 16gb?-yes
selling white?-16gb is the white one
current iPhone customer upgrades?-yes

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
From the o2 forum:

Just spoke to direct sales at Carphone Warehouse and was told that from Monday 7th July they will be taking pre orders for the new iphone and apparently they will be delivered ON THE 11TH JULY!! He also said you can pre order instore from the 11th.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Sweet.. that's what I like to hear :D (you didnt just make all that up did you to put a smile on my face? :rolleyes:)

Thanks

It's the truth as I know it. I checked with the manager of a large O2 store because a family member is in the same position as you. It seemed to me that he knew what he was talking about (and I am normally very cynical about what shop assistants say).

The fact that you are on Simplicity means that you have passed any credit checks that are necessary, and your telephone number is already within the O2 system, so switching to the iPhone is a piece of cake!

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
It's the truth as I know it. I checked with the manager of a large O2 store because a family member is in the same position as you. It seemed to me that he knew what he was talking about (and I am normally very cynical about what shop assistants say).

The fact that you are on Simplicity means that you have passed any credit checks that are necessary, and your telephone number is already within the O2 system, so switching to the iPhone is a piece of cake!

Sounds good for me! :cool:

R-Fly

Marky

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
Can anyone advise?

I really hope that I can upgrade from iPhone 1 to iPhone 3g in store to be honest. Posting them out by courier seems a real unecessary hassle.

What happens if the courier doesn't turn up early etc, I need to go to work at some point?

And if it is courier only, will o2 insist on delivery to credit card address only?

Due to my work I live in two properties, the family home, used at weekends etc and the crashpad flat in the city during the week.

The credit card and 02 account etc are obviously registered to the family home but Friday is a week day so I'll be in the city and will do some work from home and head to the office once it arrives - if they will send to an address other than the registered card and account holder address.

It would be soooooooooooo much simpler to let me drop into an o2 store and get it that way.

Sorry for the moan!

punitnaker

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I really hope that I can upgrade from iPhone 1 to iPhone 3g in store to be honest. Posting them out by courier seems a real unecessary hassle.

What happens if the courier doesn't turn up early etc, I need to go to work at some point?

And if it is courier only, will o2 insist on delivery to credit card address only?

Due to my work I live in two properties, the family home, used at weekends etc and the crashpad flat in the city during the week.

The credit card and 02 account etc are obviously registered to the family home but Friday is a week day so I'll be in the city and will do some work from home and head to the office once it arrives - if they will send to an address other than the registered card and account holder address.

It would be soooooooooooo much simpler to let me drop into an o2 store and get it that way.

Sorry for the moan!

I feel your pain! and I'm in the same boat! I was really looking forward to queuing up like last year. It all added to the excitment. Shame :(

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK

makes a lot of sense.. i feel a bit more at ease now ;)

Sounds good for me! :cool:

R-Fly

ME TOO :cool:

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
With every courier delivered upgrade I have had o2 always insist it must be delivered to my home address. Very annoying especially when I have arrived home once to discover the courier had left the phone with a neighbour I don't even know and no delivery card was posted through my door. I only discovered the neighbour had it when I phoned the courier company to ask where my delivery was.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow

I'm on holiday till the Saturday. Could really do with giving my mums address for delivery but I know they won't allow that. Be Monday by the time I get mine.
Thing is I'm heading to Yorkshire so could have found an 02 shop there.
As long as I get my phone though I'll live with the hassle.

TonyHoyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Manchester, UK

I wonder if they'll let you 'upgrade' to PayG. Can't find much info about this on *any* carrier.. it's not a common scenario. OTOH doing so would save me a few quid over the Simplicity contract I'm on now (and no 18 month lockin, which is kinda important).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.