Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Wow what would the floors be?
1. Everything
2. Consumer
3. iPods
4. Pro
5. Theater (?)

Either way that will be one huge store... im glad i visit my uncle 2 times a year there.

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
Sounds nice

When I first visited the Apple Store in San Francisco, I thought it was nice, but not overwhelmingly impressive. Sounds like this new NYC store will blow the pants off the SF store. Which is strange, given Apple's historical and spatial location in and around the Bay Area.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
DTphonehome said:
So long, bank account. I live a block from there. :(

Ah, the downside of living virtually next to what will no doubt become paradise. :)

Oh how I long for an Apple store that would be close in proximity to where I live (the nearest one is in the King of Prussia Mall near Philadelphia, PA- which is about a ~1-1 1/2 hour drive from my house). :(

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Amazing!!!

Super Dave said:
I've only been to New York once. Is this a good location?

David :cool:

This is a phenomenal location -- not far from Macy's.

First Soho (southern part of NYC) -- Then Glamorous
59th street, near Central Park, and now a mid-town
flagship megastore!! Big things are a' comin'!!!!!

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Wow... five floors!? :eek: And I thought the SoHo store was amazing! My family and I go to NYC every summer for vacation, so I am definitely looking forward to visiting this store. It's going to be... insane!

I <3 Apple Stores! :D

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
dmw007 said:
Oh how I long for an Apple store that would be close in proximity to where I live (the nearest one is in the King of Prussia Mall near Philadelphia, PA- which is about a ~1-1 1/2 hour drive from my house). :(

We don't live too far from each other. My closest Apple Store is in the Christiana Mall in Delaware, PA.

jholzner said:
I wonder why they don't put a store in Times Square?

I've been to NYC quite a few times and from the looks of Times Square, I don't think there is much room for what Apple has in mind. It's very crowded as it is... but I may be wrong. An Apple store in TS would certainly lure TONS of people into the store. Perhaps they don't want this happening? Ah, I don't know! :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
runninmac said:
Wow what would the floors be?
1. Everything
2. Consumer
3. iPods
4. Pro
5. Theater (?)
We could base that guess on the store in Ginza, Tokyo, which is also five stories. The building is taller but Apple has the bottom five floors from street level up.

In my extensive personal inspection of the Ginza store (a few minutes on each floor, that is), I found that they had both consumer and professional gear on the 1st floor, the Genius Bar on the 2nd floor, the theater on the 3rd floor, and software on the 4th floor. They have their training center on the 5th floor.

ASP272

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Nashville, TN
That is some VERY expensive retail property. But I bet Apple can keep their head above water with a megastore with 5 floors! Cool beans!

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
dmw007 said:

Same here! That's probably a good thing though, last time I was in an apple store was in DC, to charge my ipod. That's about an hour sitting and playing on a mac. They were quite friendly and let me charge it, but luckily I only had $20 to my name at the time, otherwise I probably would have got something nice.

Johnner1999

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2003
not to start a rumor or anything :D

But do you think they would bring back mac World to the Javits center?

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Johnner1999 said:
not to start a rumor or anything :D

But do you think they would bring back mac World to the Javits center?

I went to a show there a number of years back and would not mind doing it again, but I do not know how likely a return to the JC is.

macreator

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
New York City
MacFan782040 said:
Third Manhattan store? I only knew about Soho...

The second location is currently under construction across from the Plaza Hotel on 59th Street and 5th Avenue. It will be gigantic as well with a glass entrance cube already installed.

macreator

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
New York City
Personally, I am looking forward to the Midtown store at 59th street as it will be just a few blocks away from me.

My credit card is on hand, ready to spend! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.