Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
freeny said:
Trust me Riggz, They will never tire of anyone who keeps spending $$$ on their products.

LOL...one time i had those guys following me around..i know they were screw at me but hey i was spending the $$....made a good friend at the apple store..shes cute too:D

Bless

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Detlev_73 said:
When I first visited the Apple Store in San Francisco, I thought it was nice, but not overwhelmingly impressive. Sounds like this new NYC store will blow the pants off the SF store. Which is strange, given Apple's historical and spatial location in and around the Bay Area.
I was in San Francisco yesterday and visited the San Francisco Apple Store for the first time. A nice store, and of course it's one of the "staircase stores". I'd expect nothing less in New York.

What else is in the immediate area around that part of 34th Street? I haven't been there since 2000 and I don't remember if it is a nightlight/shopping area or more of a business area.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
The computer giant net-leased the entire, 30,000-foot five-story building from Jeff Sutton of Wharton Realty and his partner, SL Green Realty Trust, sources said.

Now that is a beautiful thing.

I would love to check it out. :D

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
2nyRiggz said:
LOL...one time i had those guys following me around..i know they were screw at me but hey i was spending the $$....made a good friend at the apple store..shes cute too:D

Bless

I remember seeing a cute girl working there... she did the iTunes workshop. It's probably the same girl. Kind of short?

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
dmw007 said:
Ah, the downside of living virtually next to what will no doubt become paradise. :)

Oh how I long for an Apple store that would be close in proximity to where I live (the nearest one is in the King of Prussia Mall near Philadelphia, PA- which is about a ~1-1 1/2 hour drive from my house). :(

heheh My closest Apple Store is about 4,850 miles from my house LOL

I live in South America... hehehe and there are no OFFICIAL Apple stores here, there is an Apple Dealer dough that is in front of my office but their store SUCKS it can not compare to an Apple store...

the first Apple retail store a visited was the Bethesda in Virginia... and guess what... that's where I bought my iBook!!!!

I'm supposed to go back to US in January, I'm really anxious about going to another apple store... So far I've visited 3 (Bethesda, Clarendon and Pentagon) You can tell I was in Washington right...?? LOL

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
My nearest Apple store is a 1hr flight Journey away or 3 hours on a boat. And the online Apple store have stopped shipping to my Island. I think I will kill myself... no more Apple products for me :'(

JCT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Doctor Q said:
I was in San Francisco yesterday and visited the San Francisco Apple Store for the first time. A nice store, and of course it's one of the "staircase stores". I'd expect nothing less in New York.

What else is in the immediate area around that part of 34th Street? I haven't been there since 2000 and I don't remember if it is a nightlight/shopping area or more of a business area.

It's an extremely high foot traffic area right off the corner of 34th and 5th Ave. 34th leads directly into one of the major retail shopping areas in Midtown, as noted by someone previously, it's about one long city block away from the flagship Macy's store. (Remember "Miracle on 34th Street"? ;) ) Probably a good choice, very easy to get to and that area of Manhattan attracts a real cross-section of the city. It is so crowded during the holiday season that I avoid it like the plague, though...

JT

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
JCT said:
it's about one long city block away from the flagship Macy's store
And the store in San Francisco is across the street from Macy's San Francisco. Obviously, a conspiracy of some kind.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Detlev_73 said:
When I first visited the Apple Store in San Francisco, I thought it was nice, but not overwhelmingly impressive. Sounds like this new NYC store will blow the pants off the SF store. Which is strange, given Apple's historical and spatial location in and around the Bay Area.

People are Apple obsessed here, though. It's almost weirder to NOT be walking around with an iPod on than without one.

This is great! I walk by every day to and from work! I hope this is true.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
iSee said:
People are Apple obsessed here, though. It's almost weirder to NOT be walking around with an iPod on than without one.

This is great! I walk by every day to and from work! I hope this is true.

WTF????:confused: :mad: I did not understand what you said... :confused: :confused: :confused:

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
mbopy22 said:
WTF????:confused: :mad: I did not understand what you said... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Er... Sorry-I guess I'm not so unflabbergasted by the news that I'm not less understandable than I don't mean to be.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I mean: A large percentage of the people on the streets of NYC are wearing iPods. So, we'll probably keep a new, large Apple store busy.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
dernhelm said:
My guess is that most store owners ARE fond of overcrowding.

No doubt ... from an individual shopper's perspective, there are days when I thrive on the hectic pace that you routinely find in Manhattan, while at other times I want no part of it.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Deepdale said:
No doubt ... from an individual shopper's perspective, there are days when I thrive on the hectic pace that you routinely find in Manhattan, while at other times I want no part of it.

How about today with NO PUBLIC Transportation... :( :mad: :eek: :eek:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
mbopy22 said:
How about today with NO PUBLIC Transportation...

This is the worst situation as I use my second day of remaining vacation time because of the strike. I see this lasting through the weekend, but I would welcome a quicker resolution.

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
Whatever happened to the mini store in the Flatiron building or its vicinity? I thought Apple was redesigning the store whose original design was declined by the landmark board. Now I'll be stuck dead in between two apple stores! Which one should I use?

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
wide said:
Whatever happened to the mini store in the Flatiron building or its vicinity? I thought Apple was redesigning the store whose original design was declined by the landmark board. Now I'll be stuck dead in between two apple stores! Which one should I use?

B O T H :p

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
starnox said:
My nearest Apple store is a 1hr flight Journey away or 3 hours on a boat. And the online Apple store have stopped shipping to my Island. I think I will kill myself... no more Apple products for me :'(
HARSH!! Perhaps you have a friend who can ship it for you?

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
wide said:
That would put an apple store whithin a block and a half of Tekserv. Probably not a good thing:confused:

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
the location is prime real estate, but it doesn't have the same chic surroundings as the soho store does. The SoHo store is surrounded lots designer stores and offbeat clothing stores, and then west broadway has all sorts of super fancy art galleries and cafes. I would say that Broadway between houston and canal st. (near apple soho) is probably the most crowded strip of new york city as far as people walking around, in maybe all of the city. I know during a nice summer day you have to shove your way through if you want to move any faster than a dawdle. Most of the people around there are incredibly beautiful as well.

This store will get more commuter, businessmen, family tourists, less cool young people. All cool young people pretty much have ipods already, so i guess this is the new demographic to tackle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.