Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john123

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
Re: New Ti2G4 - .,..............well?

Originally posted by warwick_t
Still waitng for the availability pf the new Ti2G4 PB.. I have cash in hand, a ghastly IBM Thinkpad that I want to replace immeiately... and no product to buy. It is the middle of october.. the prices have dropped in the Tig4.. rumors abound...

any idea when this new Ti2G$ PB will be out?

Tomorrow.

(No joke)

warwick_t

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2001
Ti2g4 - tommorrow??? - really?????

Ti2g4 - tommorrow??? - really?????... tommorrow being .. what time zone? I can hardly wait....

What options?
- 512B RAM
- GbE i/f???
- faster cpu
- case fix-ups (like bateery problem, case cracks etc)???
- OS 10.1???

wonderful

packrat

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2001
Australia
Re: Re: New Ti2G4 - .,..............well?

Originally posted by john123

Tomorrow.

(No joke) [/B]

I certainly hope that you're correct. Would you care to engange in some well-informed (clearly) speculation about exactly when people might realistically start getting deliveries of these machines, particulary those of us unfortunate enough to be going through educational resellers?

john123

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
Re: Re: Re: New Ti2G4 - .,..............well?

Originally posted by packrat
Originally posted by john123

Tomorrow.

(No joke)

I certainly hope that you're correct. Would you care to engange in some well-informed (clearly) speculation about exactly when people might realistically start getting deliveries of these machines, particulary those of us unfortunate enough to be going through educational resellers?

[/B]
That's a heck of a lot harder. While a lot of the rumor sites were predicting tomorrow as a release date (or certainly this week), there's no info at all regarding whether they are ready to ship or will be available at the start of November, etc. MY GUESS, however, is that they will ship soon. The basic reason is that Apple waiting until the supply of TiBooks AND TiBook parts dried up before getting this puppy ready.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.