Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronrosell

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Re: Uhhh, it's Tuesday.

Originally posted by brhmac
Where do I go to buy my new PowerBook?

Good luck to all waiting for today to be the day!

;)

It's still Monday in Cupertino. :D

Maybe if we all clap really loudly and say "I believe, I believe ..."

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
I sincerely hope they DON't issue updates tomorrow, even minor ones. I received the 1 GHz 12" that I'm using right now on November 30 - That would be within the 10-day window, but I think they count it as 10-days from date of shipment, not receipt. Anyone know for sure?

Grrrrrrr... if they'll let me return it, I'll totally do it, even if the replacement upgrade is relatively minor.

Anyhow, I sound drunk....

ronrosell

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2003
Palm Beach, FL
Originally posted by ColoJohnBoy
I sincerely hope they DON't issue updates tomorrow, even minor ones. I received the 1 GHz 12" that I'm using right now on November 30 - That would be within the 10-day window, but I think they count it as 10-days from date of shipment, not receipt. Anyone know for sure?

Grrrrrrr... if they'll let me return it, I'll totally do it, even if the replacement upgrade is relatively minor.

Anyhow, I sound drunk....

There will always be someone who buys something the day before an upgrade. The only alternative is for nobody to buy anything for a couple of months before an upgrade ... and that only works if you really know when the upgrade is coming!

If you like your 12" PB, keep it! Chances are the upgrades, if any, will be minor ... or they may only be some holiday price adjustments.

I just wish it were possible to get a 15" 1.25ghz model in the US ... seems that other than ordering from the Apple store, they're nowhere in sight. Major vendors aren't even giving estimated arrival dates anymore! Been waiting 2 weeks for mine to ship.

diehldun

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2003
sorry... really confused

so if you purchaed a PowerBook on December 4, and if there is an updated version of the 17" powerbook, then i am eligible for a replacment for the newer model???

if this is true, then i'll definitely replace it.

so, CANY ANYONE TELL ME IF I AM ELIGIBLE????? and if so, will it cost me anything at all? what steps are necessary???... (now i'm getting all excited again!)

jade

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2003
Did you open it? Apple doesn't have anything in the rules about letting you switch because a better one is out. Normal return policy applies. You can return with a restocking fee!

pjkelnhofer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2003
Boston
Just Wait Until Next Week?

What time of day do updates usually take place? I assume it is too late...
Maybe next Tuesday.

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Re: sorry... really confused

Originally posted by diehldun
so if you purchaed a PowerBook on December 4, and if there is an updated version of the 17" powerbook, then i am eligible for a replacment for the newer model???

if this is true, then i'll definitely replace it.

so, CANY ANYONE TELL ME IF I AM ELIGIBLE????? and if so, will it cost me anything at all? what steps are necessary???... (now i'm getting all excited again!)

If you bought it over Apple.com and it hasn't shipped yet, it will be upgraded to the model closest to the price you paid for the other one. If you bought it at a store, tough luck. Thus is life of technology. My friend bought an 15gb iPod a week before the 20 came out. Trust me when I say that 1.42ghz and 1.33ghzs difference in speed isn't noticeable. I mean, MABEY a second faster in mp3 encoding, and 10 seconds in a huge iMovie file.

utilizer

macrumors regular
May 12, 2002
In Atlanta!
Booooo!

Sadly, no updates to speak of as noon EST.
Oh well, they might save an annoucement for MWSF. You know how Steve likes to do the January Keynotes now, with no MWNY summer shows and all.

Not that this the thread to do it, but hear me out :D :

MWSF will bring:

-Updated PowerBooks, more than likely with overclocked 7457s at 1.25 Ghz to 1.42 on the 17 in.

-Updated G5s running up to dual 2.6 Ghz (yeah, you heard me right, no matter what MacOSRumors.com says!); one caveat though -- The top end ones will be slated to be shipped in late March, perhaps even April Fools Day, than April 15th for real just like the 17 in. PB earlier in the year! :p

-Software updates (who cares?!); Maybe I will but nothing "major" in my book.
Photoshop CS is slower than 7.0 and I took CS off yesterday. Couldn't stand it anymore!

pjkelnhofer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2003
Boston
Re: Re: sorry... really confused

Originally posted by the_mole1314
If you bought it over Apple.com and it hasn't shipped yet, it will be upgraded to the model closest to the price you paid for the other one. If you bought it at a store, tough luck. Thus is life of technology.
I guess no one will be eligible for upgrades since there weren't any.
I must say I am a little sad. I was really looking forward to Apple introducing yet another system that I desperately want and cannot afford.:(

fussball

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
No updates, and I was so ready to get a 12" AlBook before Christmas. I guess it will have to wait for a bit...

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
These were only sketchy page 2 rumours. There is no guarauntee that new PowerBooks will be released in January. In fact, I reckon we won't actually see an update until around March or April which may or may not be G5, but I could be wrong.

Those waiting for PowerBook updates could be waiting a while - it's not even been 3 months yet since the last update...

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
Originally posted by AndrewMT
Is it possible that liquid cooled G5 powerbooks could be released tomorrow?

Don't be ridculous! They could never do that.

I have it on good authority that it's a liquid cooled G5 dual, with a fold out LCD similar to the old IBM butterfly keyboards, so it has a 17" screen, but closes into the same form factor as the current 12".

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by stcanard
I have it on good authority that it's a liquid cooled G5 dual, with a fold out LCD similar to the old IBM butterfly keyboards, so it has a 17" screen, but closes into the same form factor as the current 12".

Now that would be a cool machine. I like big screens, but the 12" form factor is really what sells me on these machines. If you hear any more about when these machines will be released, let us know! ;)

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Originally posted by stcanard
Don't be ridculous! They could never do that.

Oh.. OLED and it's a DUAL! I see now. You mind passing some of that crack this way?

a6rnh

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2003
yorkshire sausage
15" update-this would be good...

a battery that LASTS OVER 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!

what a great idea for an upgrade, surely it can't be that difficult.

and also an update with correct information about HOW LONG A BATTERY ACTUALLY LASTS!!!

a portable computer that i have to plug into the mains after 2 hours, wow....great....yawn.....:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.