Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
New Notebooks not selling!!

Hmmm odd... them things just are not selling!

Not even at the bottem of the "top" sellers list.
Could that be because you would have to be a SUCKER to get one?
Either that or that money was burning a big hole in the ole pocket.
I have the money.. and it is burning a hole... But I'll buy a Windows unit before I buy another G4. As BAD as that would be.

Just a heads up apple.... We do not want has been.
Catch up boys. Make us proud to be Mac users again!

Oh yeah.... Not every Mac needs .Mac.
I have 5 and not one of them has it!

ok I feel better.
:D

Parikh1234

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
LF NJ USA
itsa said:

I have the money.. and it is burning a hole... But I'll buy a Windows unit before I buy another G4. As BAD as that would be.

ok I feel better.

What are you talking about. The new powerbooks are 10 times better than most notebooks out there. Have fun with your windows laptop.

MikeAtari

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2003
Philly
The Time to Buy

itsa said:

ok I feel better.

You have forgotten that progress doesn't stop with the G5.
There will be a G6, in a laptop.
I'd rather buy the last G4 and get the second or third gen G5 or the first G6( the Dual Processor on a chip 976 -- in a laptop ).
So, for me the first version of the G5 isn't my goal,
and a purchase of the last G4 isn't a problem because I'm at the end of my computer's life cycle and can use a 300% increase in performance, plus the graphics bump.

Oh, and I do have .Mac and you ought to check out what you get with the product. AV and Backup software, are easily worth the price.
.Mac is one of those product where most people don't NEED it,
but when you get it you won't ever want to not have it again.
I share pictures and Video EASILY, because if the integration into the ILife products on the web and save a considerable amount of TIME.

No, you don't need a G5 or .Mac but both are Great.

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
Parikh1234 said:
What are you talking about. The new powerbooks are 10 times better than most notebooks out there. Have fun with your windows laptop.

What are You talking about?? The average notebook prossing speed is 2.5gig. With most above that. http://www.pcmall.com/ ... take a look.

I would never have fun with a windows laptop. That's because I have Thousands of dollors wrapped up in Pro Apple programs. Catch 22!

The truth is.. I need to be able to do my work faster. And yes the newer notebooks would help with that. But not enough to NOT wait for G5's. Even if that's another year off.
And I refuse to buy a new out-dated G5 desktop for the same price as they had them for 6+ months ago.

I will buy a new desktop as soon as they bump the speeds and I will buy a new notebook when a G5 come around.

I do love my Mac's.. Just not proud of Apple right now.

take no offense... just speaking what I feel.

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
Oh, and I do have .Mac and you ought to check out what you get with the product. AV and Backup software, are easily worth the price.
.Mac is one of those product where most people don't NEED it,
but when you get it you won't ever want to not have it again.

Been there, done that... Did not care for it..Even when it was free.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
itsa said:
Guess I'm going to be one of those suckers. Was going to wait for the G5, but I need the computer yesterday. I could go PC, but wont. I'm thinking 15" 1.5Ghz with 1.5 GB of RAM and the Radeon Mobility 9700 128mb. So I may or may not be a sucker... I'm not sure how much faster the 1.6 G5 is than the 1.5 Ghz G4. Even the, a laptop will be slower...

Now maybe some advice.... Should I get Apples 80GG 5400RPM hd or get the stock drive and opt for an aftermarket 80 to 100 @ 7200RPM or just get an external FW drive for video... not that I'm going to do a lot a video, just some...

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
pgwalsh said:
Guess I'm going to be one of those suckers.

I guess I really should restate that. If you need a apple notebook the new line is far better than anything in the past. Even the price. So if you don't have one and you need one.... sucker would be a bit much.

If you have a Ti notebook and you get a new one just to be upgrading... SUCKER is dead on.

:0)

There is a reason they are not selling well! I think if Apple said out right it's going to be a year or more before G5's they would sell much better. Being on the not knowing side of things, I'm going to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.