Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zy2238

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Noreve Sandy

I can't believe how fast I received a response form Noreve regarding the UPS shipment change from Fedex. It was only a minute or two after I sent my email. They stated that they had experienced problems with Fedex and were now solely using the more expensive UPS.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
I haven't read all of the responses but wanted to mention that people who have this on Kindle seem to like the case :)

SteveWTW

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
I can't believe how fast I received a response form Noreve regarding the UPS shipment change from Fedex. It was only a minute or two after I sent my email. They stated that they had experienced problems with Fedex and were now solely using the more expensive UPS.

I thought the Fedex option was more expensive then UPS when ordering?

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
I just posted a review of the Kindle version of this case on my blog along with 3 other kindle cases. I am getting my iPad this week and will be doing a similar piece on iPad covers. Though not the Noreve because they take 15 days or more to get unless you order the black.

The leather is very nice quality and the rail system, which holds the kindle and now iPad works well...

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Just a question for you . . .

On the Noreve site, look at the first of 3 closeup photos. I think this should be the link:
http://www.noreve.com/images/Apple_iPad_1.jpg

It makes it look kind of thick--but perhaps it's just an optical illusion. I really like the overall design--when any of you have a chance, please post a side photo or two! Thanks!

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Look forward to reviews and photos. This looks promising but after my experience with my ikit case I'm going to wait to see real life photos before buying.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
I have lots of pics I took on my Kindle Noreve review... it does have a built in "wallet" on the left side which adds to it's thickness. This is the only thing I do not like about these covers and unfortuanlty they do not have the option to get it without. Here is the side view, and a close up of the beautiful leather... from what I can tell, the iPad cover is the exact same design as the Kindle cover. Just keep in mind, the Kindle is much thinner than an iPad.

noreve-duo.jpg

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Well, I ordered it based on your photos and review of the Kindel model. Got it for $75 with the coupon menioned earlier. Hoping I'll like it.

niter

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2003
I really want this case, but I do not want it with a magnetic closure. I know that might be silly, but I cannot get over my reservations about placing a magnet in such proximity to a computing device. It is such a lovely case and has *all* the other features I am looking for in a case.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I really want this case, but I do not want it with a magnetic closure. I know that might be silly, but I cannot get over my reservations about placing a magnet in such proximity to a computing device. It is such a lovely case and has *all* the other features I am looking for in a case.

I thought it doesn't have a magnetic closure? That looks like a fastening strap to me. I would love a case with a magnetic closure without strap. Cleaner design IMO.

mensouille

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
Hi,
I bought the Noreve Tradition case for iphone 3G(s) a year ago in "sandy vintage". It's by far the most beautiful case I ever saw thanks to the quality of the leather (and also the fact that the phone snaps into it and doesn't require to be enclosed) but just a warning: at first the leather has a nice light-sandy mat finish (a bit like suede) but after a couple of months the leather becomes brownish and with a shiny finish (and I don't have especialy sweaty hands...).
You can see on the picture the area around the logo still has the original tone.

So, think twice before ordering if you have chicken-greasy fingers :D

BTW, mine hasn't got a magnetic closure

4657323642_f5b1fc18e4.jpg
4656715901_c13a69e590.jpg

FYI, here is one picture I found on the internet with the original tone and finish:
NoreveX500SableVintage17.JPG

sorsha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2010
I thought it doesn't have a magnetic closure? That looks like a fastening strap to me. I would love a case with a magnetic closure without strap. Cleaner design IMO.

Under "Characteristics" on the web page for the iPad Tradition case it says "Practical thanks to its magnetic closure." :(

That's the main reason I ended up deciding against this one.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Under "Characteristics" on the web page for the iPad Tradition case it says "Practical thanks to its magnetic closure." :(

That's the main reason I ended up deciding against this one.

Yes there is a magnet built into the snap closure to make it easier to close...
and though I understand your concern Sorsha, the wallet built into the inside of the cover is fairly thick and would prevent the magnet from coming into any actual contact with the iPad.

SpinDrift

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
Hi,
I bought the Noreve Tradition case for iphone 3G(s) a year ago in "sandy vintage". It's by far the most beautiful case I ever saw thanks to the quality of the leather (and also the fact that the phone snaps into it and doesn't require to be enclosed) but just a warning: at first the leather has a nice light-sandy mat finish (a bit like suede) but after a couple of months the leather becomes brownish and with a shiny finish (and I don't have especialy sweaty hands...).
You can see on the picture the area around the logo still has the original tone.

So, think twice before ordering if you have chicken-greasy fingers :D

BTW, mine hasn't got a magnetic closure

4657323642_f5b1fc18e4.jpg
4656715901_c13a69e590.jpg

FYI, here is one picture I found on the internet with the original tone and finish:
NoreveX500SableVintage17.JPG

To be honest, I prefer the the aged aniline look of how your case looks now! I am very tempted by one of these for the iPad. It's a much more affordable option than the Vaja.

G.O.B

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
Mine was just delivered - I ordered the base model in black. It's lovely, the leather looks great, I just can't for the life of me work out how to use it as a stand...the leather doesn't seem firm enough (at least not firm enough to support this configuration):

Apple_iPad_3_p.jpg

Any thoughts?

DaneGuy

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Mine was just delivered - I ordered the base model in black. It's lovely, the leather looks great, I just can't for the life of me work out how to use it as a stand...the leather doesn't seem firm enough (at least not firm enough to support this configuration):

Apple_iPad_3_p.jpg

Any thoughts?

More pics!!!

G.O.B

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
The plan is for me to put up a more comprehensive photo review once I've worked out how the hell to fold the case properly so that it actually stays up in this configurations.

SpinDrift

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
The plan is for me to put up a more comprehensive photo review once I've worked out how the hell to fold the case properly so that it actually stays up in this configurations.

What? There's no time for all that. We're an impatient bunch you know! I have ordered mine in 'Ebony' (ambition selection) leather. Now I just have to wait a month for it to be made and posted. :)

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

<twiddles thumbs>

vynn

macrumors member
May 18, 2010

Apple_iPad_3_p.jpg

Any thoughts?

Is there some way to attach the front cover to the back of the case when it's folded around to the back? I wondered if the magnetic closer was used somehow but they never posted pictures showing how that works.

G.O.B

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
Hi,

can you tell how well it works in a typing stand setup ?

thanks

The typing stand set up is perfect. It's at just the right angle, and makes typing so much easier.

Is there some way to attach the front cover to the back of the case when it's folded around to the back? I wondered if the magnetic closer was used somehow but they never posted pictures showing how that works.

You can use the magnetic closure when it's folded over, but it doesn't hold the stand up. I've been working pretty solidly this afternoon, but I'm gonna have another look now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.