Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Canadian iTunes...

... think I may be hoping too much.

I mean, Apple actively supporting international markets?!! :)

bellboy

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2002
Toronto
please be Canadian iTunes... please be Canadian iTunes... please be Canadian iTunes... please be Canadian iTunes...

artistry

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
Brighton, UK
Originally posted by bellboy
please be Canadian iTunes... please be Canadian iTunes... please be Canadian iTunes... please be Canadian iTunes...

Wouldn't they launch it in Canada if it was? (Or did I miss something and that's is where it's happening...)

Maybe it's to mark a milestone - x million tunes sold or whatever. Or they've bought Apple Corps!

Or is it the McDonald's deal?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
dunno if it's a product launch... Apple's never had an instore event just for a product launch.

Edit: Sorry.... I guess this should read "just a hardware product revision"

arn

DGFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2003
Maybe it will be a compact flash reader for the iPod that doesn't suck!!

:p

dunno if it's a product launch... Apple's never had an instore event just for a product launch.

Ok, I am confused - so what DO in store events usually happen for?

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
New partnership deal with Company X or new iTunes Music Store for Canada or that McDonalds deal..I figure it has to be something along those lines.

dubweiser

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2002
The day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday - the busiest day of the year. Maybe its just a simple sale at all the stores.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by DGFan

Ok, I am confused - so what DO in store events usually happen for?

Sorry... yes, clearly for Product launches such as Jaguar and Panther.... but I guess I was thinking not for hardware revisions - such as a new iPod.

arn

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
They had a special store event for the introduction of the revised iPods (3G) back in April so maybe this will be something similar? Here's just hoping it'll be something exciting, although it does seem a little soon for a 4G iPod already since it's only been 7 months.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by the_mole1314
I think quite a few people with little money will be happy

Dare we utter the words? Cheap. Wow. A cheap iPod. That would send the competition reeling.

Then again Maybe Apple purchased the audio arm of Sony. :D Imagine apple owning a major chunk of the music industry pie. Oooo I think I just got an endorphin rush. :D

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
It will definately be a hardware announcement. Perhaps a new kind of iPod or a lower priced one ($199). Perhaps they will announce that Apple Corps and Apple Computer have made up and Beatles product will be available at the iTMS Store (too far out?). If it was really, really important there would probably be a special event email to the press to come to Cupertino.

JoeRadar

macrumors regular
May 28, 2003
Re: Nov 28th Apple Store Event?

Originally posted by Macrumors
Apple is rumored to make a significant announcement over the next week and host a Music related in-store event at their Apple Stores after Thanksgiving (Nov 28th).
<RANT>
I don't think Apple is pushing their iPods and iTunes advantage enough. Apple should really push their gift certificate feature this holiday season. Apple needs to make very clear to parents of Children with Windows systems that Apple's iTunes and gift certificates will work form them.

Apple, make sure every store has a PC (HP, Gateway, whatever) running iTMS sitting in the front window. Draw in those Windows users. Draw in those parents. Draw in those employees who need a gift for the office Christmas party.

With iTunes for Windows working with the music store, a gift certificate could benefit almost everyone. No returns. No "I already have this CD". No sarcastic "I always wanted the Brady Bunch Christmas songs".

If Apple doesn't clean up with iTunes Music Store for this holiday, I will be very disapointend in the.
</RANT>

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by pkradd
Perhaps they will announce that Apple Corps and Apple Computer have made up and Beatles product will be available at the iTMS Store (too far out?). If it was really, really important there would probably be a special event email to the press to come to Cupertino.

that would be if they were higher than the beatls were when they wrote lucy in th sky with diamonds or yellow sumbarine. :p

anyway, i think it's cheaper iPods, just in time for christmas. it can be much more than that.

kerryb

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
New iPods!!!!

Yes, bigger drives, improved battery life, and dare I say cheaper. The iPod-ITMS is the biggest success Apple has had since the original iMac was released. They will not allow the advantage they enjoy in the market of this product and service to slip. Look for very aggressive pricing with the compettion heating up. As a side note any design change (color or material) could be a clue or sneak peek at the future iMac set for 2004. Remember you read it here first.

DanUk2003

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2003
Worthing, UK
Originally posted by cubist
Am I confused, or is there a London Mac Expo next week? Is Apple exhibiting there?

Yes there is "Mac Expo 2003" in London. Apple is actually the largest exhibitor, but they do not (historically speaking) use this ehibition as a product-announcement platform; merely a show-off-product platform.

Very good expo too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.