Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerBook User

macrumors regular
May 29, 2003
Re: Re: Nov 28th Apple Store Event?

Originally posted by JoeRadar
<RANT>
I don't think Apple is pushing their iPods and iTunes advantage enough. Apple should really push their gift certificate feature this holiday season. Apple needs to make very clear to parents of Children with Windows systems that Apple's iTunes and gift certificates will work form them.

Apple, make sure every store has a PC (HP, Gateway, whatever) running iTMS sitting in the front window. Draw in those Windows users. Draw in those parents. Draw in those employees who need a gift for the office Christmas party.

With iTunes for Windows working with the music store, a gift certificate could benefit almost everyone. No returns. No "I already have this CD". No sarcastic "I always wanted the Brady Bunch Christmas songs".

If Apple doesn't clean up with iTunes Music Store for this holiday, I will be very disapointend in the.
</RANT>
I think that's a great idea. Apple really needs to push sales of iPods and sales on the iTMS. People could actually see how easy they are too use on Windows, too.

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Well, no wintel PCs in the Apple Stores, that wouldn't in the best interest of Apple. I think that having a Now Works With Windows display is good though.

JW Pepper

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2002
Originally posted by DanUk2003
Yes there is "Mac Expo 2003" in London. Apple is actually the largest exhibitor, but they do not (historically speaking) use this ehibition as a product-announcement platform; merely a show-off-product platform.

Very good expo too!

No Keynotes, so no new products.

macMaestro

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by JW Pepper

Yet. There are still openings which Mr. Jobs could book...

Yeah, like that would ever happen in a million years. :rolleyes:

JoeRadar

macrumors regular
May 28, 2003
Originally posted by JW Pepper
The dual 1G processor I have was quietly slipped out about two weeks after MacWorld San Francisco. No keynotes, no fanfare. Just suddenly, "we are shipping dual processor systems."

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by the_mole1314
Well, no wintel PCs in the Apple Stores, that wouldn't in the best interest of Apple. I think that having a Now Works With Windows display is good though.

G4 Tower running VPC with Windows XP on it running iTunes for Windows?

ogun7

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2001
everybody get your panties untwisted. this is just the announcement of either the McDonald's or Pepsi iTunes Music Store giveaway.

mproud

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
Possibilities...

• Lower price on the iPod!
  • More iPod accesories!
  • New iTMS bonus tracks!
  • iTMS Gift Cards at the Apple Stores!

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by SiliconAddict
Dare we utter the words? Cheap. Wow. A cheap iPod. That would send the competition reeling.

Then again Maybe Apple purchased the audio arm of Sony. :D Imagine apple owning a major chunk of the music industry pie. Oooo I think I just got an endorphin rush. :D

How could Apple buy Sony music a few days after Sony merged with BMI?

morlium

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
don't get too excited ...Apple did this last year too on Nov. 28, with no new products ... just some discounts and giveaways.

stingerman

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2003
iChat AV for Windows (pushes iSight) and a iChat AV conferencing software for OS X that allows Intranet mulitway video and audio conferencing for the enterprise, works with OS X Server software only but accepts both Mac and Windows clients.

AndrewMT

macrumors regular
The Apple store in McLean (the first Apple store to open) has been under renovation since late October. The sign in front of the store says "Apple- always changing for the better." and it also said that the store would be open around mid-to-late November. This has to be related.

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Originally posted by arn
dunno if it's a product launch... Apple's never had an instore event just for a product launch.

Edit: Sorry.... I guess this should read "just a hardware product revision"

arn

Wasn't the iPod launched in the Apple Store?

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Possibilities...

Originally posted by mproud
  • Lower price on the iPod!
  • More iPod accesories!
  • New iTMS bonus tracks!
  • iTMS Gift Cards at the Apple Stores!

And random free song giveaway's!

And an iPod for every child!

And peace on earth!

:rolleyes:

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
Maybe a move in the storage size and pricing? I must say that I was a bit confused by their last product revision. . . I thought the line up would have been:

10GB - $199
20GB - $299
30GB - $399
40GB - $499

Who could pass up an iPod for $199?! A 10GB is a great entry level 'Pod and any music fanatic will tell you it's easy to fill it up. . . you'd *have* to buy another one sooner or later. Especially with an iTMS addiction :D

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
everybody get your panties untwisted. this is just the announcement of either the McDonald's or Pepsi iTunes Music Store giveaway.

Nope. Apple doesn't make marketing announcements at Apple Stores. There's already a Pepsi logo on the Apple site. The deal starts during the Superbowl, it has already been revealed. Apple Stores are about hardware and software.

Also, VPC running on G4 Towers will not happen as Apple no longer makes the G4 and they have been removed from the Apple Stores. It won't happen until M$ revises (if it decides to do so) VPC to run on the G5.

NNO-Stephen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Originally posted by pkradd
Nope. Apple doesn't make marketing announcements at Apple Stores. There's already a Pepsi logo on the Apple site. The deal starts during the Superbowl, it has already been revealed. Apple Stores are about hardware and software.

Also, VPC running on G4 Towers will not happen as Apple no longer makes the G4 and they have been removed from the Apple Stores. It won't happen until M$ revises (if it decides to do so) VPC to run on the G5.

Apple still has G4 Towers... maybe not in the Apple Retail Stores, but they do sell them...

also, several posters ago, whoever said SONY and BMI merged... do you mean BMG or EMI?

pkradd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2001
I know they still sell G4's on their website but this discussion is about the Apple Stores where G4s are nowhere in sight.

Sony Music and BMG Music are merging (pending government approval).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.