Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
TikTok is only used by sleaze bag narcissistic "influencers" looking for attention.
The app should be banned everywhere.
So the algorithm, like most social media, is going to mostly show what it thinks you’re into. If that’s all you’re seeing on tiktok it says more about you than the platform

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
I'm sure you believe what you are saying.
I'm also sure my description correctly describes you.

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
I'm sure you believe what you are saying.
I'm also sure my description correctly describes you.
I dont personally use tiktok, but I know enough about it to avoid making sweeping generalizations of the platform. It’s heavily used by crafters and makers I know for ex

cmcbhi

Contributor
Nov 3, 2014
Personally, I have never used TikTok and don't intend to do so.
I have seen reports on what garbage "influencers' post in an attempt to gain attention.

• Haha
Reactions: seek3r

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
Personally, I have never used TikTok and don't intend to do so.
I have seen reports on what garbage "influencers' post in an attempt to gain attention.
If only there were a platform on which you could post videos of you yelling at the local kids to get off your lawn

Andronicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2008
this applies to government owned devices only.
When China doesn't allow FB, Twitter, Google, Youtube why should US allow Chinese apps ?
Correct the article is referring to government owned devices. The comment I was replying to wanted it applied to everyone’s devices. Why should we do better than China? There’s not enough comment characters for me to reply to that question. But I will say I’m not a fan of fear mongering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.