Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rainbow Apple

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2023
I'm new here, I'm surprised this name was available. I picked it because I have a soft spot for the old rainbow Apple logo. Anyway: I have an iPhone myself, and I'll be helping a friend of mine pick out and set up an iPhone and iPad. I joined this fourm, because I'm hoping the people here can help me help my friend.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Hi, piano player at first then professional software developer because of "money needer" :)
First of all I love my wife and my family, respect and help peoples as much as I can: there are other values?
About my "Mac" :
Mac Pro 2009 with 2 processor Upgraded to 5.1 firmware.
48 GB RAM.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 2GB (firmware modified with MAC one).
Pcie NVME adapter with 1 TB NVME storage.
Pcie USB 3 adapter (4 USB-A port + 3 USB-C port).
Ventura with Opencore Legacy Patcher 0.6.1.
Fighting to find a way to work with external ASUS BT-400 bluetooth adapter...
And now I'm going to write a post about my ASUS BT-400 not working problem ;)
Welcome! I'm also replying to this comment on a 2009 Mac Pro with 5,1 firmware: Glad other folks are using 2009 vintage Macs.

Cheers. :)

Vasdimpop

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2023
Hey guys, new to this forum!

Started on an Apple Macintosh Performa 410 back in 1996. 8mb of ram, with an 80mb hard drive!

Been a Windows user since 99, and just recently came back to Apple with a MacBook Pro 16 m2max (30 core, 32gb, 2tb). Ran the latest benchies and this thing is FAST!

I’ve been on my old Alienware 17 r3 for over 6 years now, and my life has taken me into the creative direction, and after comparing the latest Alienware (I don’t game on computers anymore really), it made sense to make the switch to Apple since I already have an iPhone, iPods, iPad.

So far it’s been an absolute joy working with iOS, the intuitiveness of the Apple products seamlessly working together. Looking forward to creating with my Mac!

Reactions: Weaselboy

zntxrr

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2023
Hi there,

I am a long time mac user and a professional artist. I dislike buying new stuff. Cheers!

Abmvk

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2023
Duchy of Brabant
Hello, just registered. Long time Mac user, and since about three years ago fully on iPad, both professional and personal use. Covid made me buy a MacBook again, for Zoom and Teams. But all other things I do, I do on an iPad Pro M1.

I am somewhat of a computer enthusiast. For the professional body in my field of work I write an online segment “messing around with computers”. Two Raspberries Pies and some vintage stuff complete my setup. My focus now is to use the iPad as the device with which I work on a headless Raspberry Pi. I use Blink (SSH) and WebSSH, VNC-viewer and Files (with SAMBA) to connect, and Runestone as a code editor.

I can find a lot of help for the Raspberry side of things, but I was looking for a iPad forum as well. ChatGPT said this was the best for my needs, so I am testing that AI suggestion 😂

Locutus of Borg

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2023
Hi guys, another newbie here. Longtime Windows user, mainly for work (self-employed mainly working from home). I also have a late 2013 iMac, which I bought secondhand locally a few years ago and runs like a dream even though it is ten years old. And to mix it up even more my smartphone is Android.

I remember when I was a lot younger, I used to work for a rubber stamp company during the holidays and that was the place I had my first introduction to the world of Apple Macs (and Windows did not exist back then).

I'll leave it there for now, and sign off as I am in desperate need of some sleep, especially as I have been up all night
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

semprealpino

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2023
Rome - Italy
Hi to e very one. I’m an italian Apple user Who started using Apple products back in the powerpc era. Now I Switched ti IPhone and iPad Pro for my private and work use. Please be patient with my english

Mark.g4

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2023
Hello to everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a long time, but only now I decided to join.
I've been a mac user for several years and I love the style and design of the entire G4 and G5 series which I consider to be the best ever.
I hope to contribute to the community with my little help.

Mark

MiataJay

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2023
Hey guys,

I'm new here.;)
Just wanna say Hello to you guys.

I have been a fan of Apple products since I bought my 27-inch iMac back in 2012. Recently, I have just got my brand-new M2 MacBook Pro. Yay!

Besides the fact of being a Mac users for a few years, I'm still a newbie in the Mac world. I would be really appreciate your help and also be part of this community by making my contributions.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Oh...! I'm just about to fall out of the reply period in a few days. I haven't even noticed this thread since joining o_o;;

Anyways, hi! I'm floral. I go by any pronouns and like talking about iPads the most. But, I can also talk about other apple stuff and general things as well ;3

I own as the signature states, an iPad Pro, latest gen, and an iPad mini 5. The mini 5 used to be my main device but the 3GB of ram was.. pretty unbearable. It's fun to be here ^-^

sailorMH

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2023
Central Bohemia
Hi,
my first Mac was Apple Lisa 2 with MacOS Classic in late eighties.
From nineties I am user of Amiga systems. First A500, A1200 and A4000, later PPC Amiga NG machines - first was Pegasos 2 with MorphOS, then AmigaOne X1000 with AmigaOS 4.
Today I have couple of PPC computers, among them Powerpc Macs: Powerbook G4, Mac Mini G4, iMac G5 and Powermac G5 Quad.
I am active for long time on Amiga forums, this is my first Mac forum.:cool:

Hammus

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2023
Howdy from the Lone Star State. Interested in computers in general and tinkering with same. Got first iMac about 12 yrs ago because I was intrigued about UI mostly having used at work a bit prior to retirement. I’ve been retired from electronics mfg biz for 30+ years. Got 4 PC’s to use when no Mac apps available. Programmed a good bit in Fortran when working but no C experience. Lot’s of Apple stuff lurking around, 2 MBP Intel(8,1;13;3)1 MBP M1(17,1) 3 iMacs (11,2;12,2;13,1) iPad Pro and iPhone. I’m just starting to put OCLP (Big Sur) on iMac 11,2 and intend to do same on the iMac 12,2. Guess I would like some advice on either using Big Sur or Ventura on either or both iMac’s.

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Hi,
my first Mac was Apple Lisa 2 with MacOS Classic in late eighties.
From nineties I am user of Amiga systems. First A500, A1200 and A4000, later PPC Amiga NG machines - first was Pegasos 2 with MorphOS, then AmigaOne X1000 with AmigaOS 4.
Today I have couple of PPC computers, among them Powerpc Macs: Powerbook G4, Mac Mini G4, iMac G5 and Powermac G5 Quad.
I am active for long time on Amiga forums, this is my first Mac forum.:cool:
Wow! A longtime user for sure (I date to '94 on Mac hardware)!

Welcome. :)

Reactions: sailorMH

Fabrizioh

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2023
Hi; due to a new MBP M1Pro, I've been trying to get an OWC dock to work. I want to re-start a thread on TBolt4 dock reliability. There was a thread here shortly after the dock came out a couple years ago, but it never resolved their problem. Meanwhile, I've been through numerous reviews on Amazon for the many newer TBolt4 docks, and every one has clearly legitimate users who have had the same problems, and many others relating to support for displays. I googled "reliable ThunderBolt 4" dock;; the answer is "huh?"

Maybe the industry has employed reputation defender...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.